Late round sleepers! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Late round sleepers!

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
Feel free to drop any guy who you think could be a sleeper. Here's some guys I love, these are guys projected to be outside top 100.

- Jaheim Bell TE FSU, super versatile TE reminds me a lot of former dolphins TE Charles Clay.

- Ricky Pearsall WR UF he's got insane hands, good route runner, decent speed he's gonna be a contributor in the nfl also has special teams experience.

- Ray Davis RB Kentucky I'm a Gators fan and this dude single handily killed us. He runs angry. Super experienced and has had a lot of production.

- Kiran Amegadjie OT Yale - 6'5" 326 lb, good length, smart, good technique. Shares an alma mater with our head coach.

- Jalen Travis OT Princeton - 6'7" 320. Another huge, brainy guy.

-Thor Griffith DT Harvard- 6'2" 310. Very strong, high motor guy. Great name.

-Dylan Laube RB New Hampshire - 5'10" 207. Versatile weapon, can play RB, slot WR, and return kicks. Holds FCS single game total yardage record at 425 yds (!)

-Anim Dankwah OT Howard - 6'8" 362. Massive. I've seen like 7 plays of Howard football in my life, but noticed this guy. Started football as a junior in HS; really fast progression.

The Ivy League, and Northeast small schools in general is like my "farm" for draft sleepers.

I will throw out Idaho WR Hayden Hatten as a day 3 guy.

Good size and hands and had back to back very productive years for The Vandals.

Will be interest to see how he tests.

OG/C Michael Jurgens - Wake Forest - He was a 2nd team All ACC selection.

TE Jared Wiley - TCU - He is 6'7 and scored 8 TD catches in 2023.

S Kitan Oladapo - Oregon State - Good size 6'2 206. Elliott and Jones are FA's.

LB Michael Barrett - Michigan - We need better depth than Duke Riley.

WR Luke McCaffrey - Nebraska - He scored 13 TD's last year and has good size 6'2 200.

RB Jaylen Wright - Tennessee - 7.4 YPC last year. How much longer will Mostert play.

DB Nehemiah Pritchett - Auburn - We have to improve our secondary depth.

Javon Baker WR UCF
Tanner McLachlan TE Arizona
Marcus Harris DT Auburn

These guys are all currently projected to go undrafted, and Baker and Harris are borderline Top 100 guys. McLachlan is probably Top 150.

Talking outside the Top 100, Ben Sinnott sits atop that list. Unless he's much less athletic than I expect, he's at least in the 41-75 range.

Last edited:
Javon Baker WR UCF
Tanner McLachlan TE Arizona
Marcus Harris DT Auburn

These guys are all currently projected to go undrafted, and Baker and Harris are borderline Top 100 guys. McLachlan is probably Top 150.

Talking outside the Top 100, Ben Sinnott sits atop that list. Unless he's much less athletic than I expect, he's at least in the 41-75 range.
I think we might go TE in the second round or on a trade down into the third. MM has said that’s the next progression with the offense. Take Bowers out of the picture. I suspect Sanders from Texas may go higher than people realize. In other words, I don’t know if he gets to our second. Then you’re looking at Stover, Sinnott and maybe Wiley. Stover is not an electric athlete but he’s all competence. I’d love to get Sanders but would be happy with Sinnott and Stover. I need to look closer at Wiley but his size is great, he has a good pedigree and he’s been productive. I want one of these five.

I think we might go TE in the second round or on a trade down into the third. MM has said that’s the next progression with the offense. Take Bowers out of the picture. I suspect Sanders from Texas may go higher than people realize. In other words, I don’t know if he gets to our second. Then you’re looking at Stover, Sinnott and maybe Wiley. Stover is not an electric athlete but he’s all competence. I’d love to get Sanders but would be happy with Sinnott and Stover. I need to look closer at Wiley but his size is great, he has a good pedigree and he’s been productive. I want one of these five.

Yeah, outside of Bowers, who is the best by multiple tiers, I think you have Sanders who is very fast and high-level after the catch and has the frame to DEVELOP into a good blocker, or you have Sinnott who is the best blocker in this class outside of Barner, is at least a good athlete with adequate speed (looks pretty fast) and also excellent with the ball in his hands. Because Miami lacks physicality, I think Sinnott is more needed. He's probably already a better blocker than Smythe, and he's way more dynamic. Sanders probably isn't ready to play Y, and he may not be ready at the start of Year 2.

Stover, Bell, and Sanders are more likely move guys and would battle Hill for reps. But, you know, I'm an advocate for getting Ingold off the field, and I'd rather play 2 TE's with athleticism and blocking prowess over a TE and FB with poor athleticism and skill as receivers and ok blocking.

Idk what to do with Wiley. Big, looks smooth running routes, gets tackled super easy, doesn't block for ****, isn't fast.

Going into the draft, I'd want Sinnott and one of Sanders, Bell, and Stover - with Barner, McLachlan, and Wiley guys I'd consider late if I missed out on the other 3.

Last year, I wanted one of Kraft, Washington, and LaPorta. Obv LaPorta was off the board, but Miami could have added Kraft AND Washington, and they ended up with neither. Achane is great, but think about how much more physical this team would have been on offense - not to mention the dynamic qualities playing those guys ahead of Smythe, Hill, and Ingold would have. Or, just imagine one of the two with Achane. That would have been better.

Really love the RAC that Sanders and Bell would provide - and Stover to a lesser extent. But, Sinnott gives you real TE versatility, and that should translate early.

A few other guys I like they may not be late round but mid round guys.

Brenden Rice WR USC he's Jerry rices son and had a productive career 6'3" 210

Tommy Eichenberg Liam Eichenberg brother LB for OSU and had 264 tackles 3.5 sacks 2 ints last 3 years

Back
Top Bottom