Late round sleepers! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Late round sleepers!

I think we might go TE in the second round or on a trade down into the third. MM has said that’s the next progression with the offense. Take Bowers out of the picture. I suspect Sanders from Texas may go higher than people realize. In other words, I don’t know if he gets to our second. Then you’re looking at Stover, Sinnott and maybe Wiley. Stover is not an electric athlete but he’s all competence. I’d love to get Sanders but would be happy with Sinnott and Stover. I need to look closer at Wiley but his size is great, he has a good pedigree and he’s been productive. I want one of these five.
We have too many holes to go TE early

TE is one of the biggest holes this team has imo. If you look at every other playoff team they all have a TE that had more yardage than our entire group. I think Mike can scheme a lot more stuff up too if he had more than Smythe and Julian Hill. I do think J. Hill has promise, but its definitely a position of need. I do think first round pick should be used to bolster the OL.

Edit: I also dont want another Gesicki, I'd rather have a much more physical guy like Sinnot

TE is one of the biggest holes this team has imo. If you look at every other playoff team they all have a TE that had more yardage than our entire group. I think Mike can scheme a lot more stuff up too if he had more than Smythe and Julian Hill. I do think J. Hill has promise, but its definitely a position of need. I do think first round pick should be used to bolster the OL.

Edit: I also dont want another Gesicki, I'd rather have a much more physical guy like Sinnot

Totally agree. There have been more quality TE's in recent years, and Miami has added none. Over the last decade+, the best QB has had the best TE (Brady/Gronk and Mahomes/Kelce). At bare minimum, you need real utility from the TE. If he's not going to be a threat as a receiver, he needs to be like an extra OL on the field, and you should be actively looking for a legit receiving weapon, who can at least be useful as a blocker, to complement him.

Last year when everyone was pushing for Washington... I said he'd be overdrafted... and said, "if you want a cheaper Washington, look at Breyvn Spann-Ford. Then he went back to school and had an indifferent year.

As a late round pick, I still like him as a huge TE prospect who will mostly block...

He's not going to catch a lot of passes, but he'll be cheap... and worth a stab.

Feel free to drop any guy who you think could be a sleeper. Here's some guys I love, these are guys projected to be outside top 100.

- Jaheim Bell TE FSU, super versatile TE reminds me a lot of former dolphins TE Charles Clay.

- Ricky Pearsall WR UF he's got insane hands, good route runner, decent speed he's gonna be a contributor in the nfl also has special teams experience.

- Ray Davis RB Kentucky I'm a Gators fan and this dude single handily killed us. He runs angry. Super experienced and has had a lot of production.
Great comp on Bell!

Yeah, outside of Bowers, who is the best by multiple tiers, I think you have Sanders who is very fast and high-level after the catch and has the frame to DEVELOP into a good blocker, or you have Sinnott who is the best blocker in this class outside of Barner, is at least a good athlete with adequate speed (looks pretty fast) and also excellent with the ball in his hands. Because Miami lacks physicality, I think Sinnott is more needed. He's probably already a better blocker than Smythe, and he's way more dynamic. Sanders probably isn't ready to play Y, and he may not be ready at the start of Year 2.

Stover, Bell, and Sanders are more likely move guys and would battle Hill for reps. But, you know, I'm an advocate for getting Ingold off the field, and I'd rather play 2 TE's with athleticism and blocking prowess over a TE and FB with poor athleticism and skill as receivers and ok blocking.

Idk what to do with Wiley. Big, looks smooth running routes, gets tackled super easy, doesn't block for ****, isn't fast.

Going into the draft, I'd want Sinnott and one of Sanders, Bell, and Stover - with Barner, McLachlan, and Wiley guys I'd consider late if I missed out on the other 3.

Last year, I wanted one of Kraft, Washington, and LaPorta. Obv LaPorta was off the board, but Miami could have added Kraft AND Washington, and they ended up with neither. Achane is great, but think about how much more physical this team would have been on offense - not to mention the dynamic qualities playing those guys ahead of Smythe, Hill, and Ingold would have. Or, just imagine one of the two with Achane. That would have been better.

Really love the RAC that Sanders and Bell would provide - and Stover to a lesser extent. But, Sinnott gives you real TE versatility, and that should translate early.
Good writeup. Bowers is the needle changer for sure. Picturing him with Hill and Waddle, how would teams defend that? I think the chance that Bowers reaches 21 is almost zero.

Sanders is next best as a receiver. I really like him a lot in that regard. He's mostly mocked early 2nd.

I like Sinnot and Stover, probably a little higher on Stover. Not sure either is worth pick 55. There's kind of the problem, at least with the picks Miami currently has.

I believe there will be bettter wr options at 55 than TE options there. Unless Sanders drops that far.

I have this gut feeling that Miami will be looking TE with those later picks, or maybe in free agency.

Last year when everyone was pushing for Washington... I said he'd be overdrafted... and said, "if you want a cheaper Washington, look at Breyvn Spann-Ford. Then he went back to school and had an indifferent year.

As a late round pick, I still like him as a huge TE prospect who will mostly block...

He's not going to catch a lot of passes, but he'll be cheap... and worth a stab.
Good call.

That's what I think as well. Just seems there's more potential value at other positions than Stover or Sinnott at 55.

If Grier can trade down and add a 3rd than it's easier to see TE as a target.

Call me an Aussie Homer, but Thomas Yassmin, TE outa Utah. is a weapon. He played Rugby here as a junior, and was dynamic. Big, strong, and can run. Good hands and vision.

Worth a 5th or 6th but may go earlier after the combine.

Agree on Yassmin.

He was the #3 TE behind Dalton Kincaid & Brant Kuithe.

BK is back from injury. The drawback is he's listed at 6'2" 229 lbs. which makes more of an H-back/Big WR

Joe Melton at quarterback. Physically, he has a lot to work with including the athletic ability to get out of the pocket and make plays.

For Miami, he could be an option in the push plays. At 6-5, 230ish that could initially be a good role for him.

Anyone know what we have for pics in 2025 that Grier might use to move up or down?

Back
Top Bottom