Latest on Tua from insiders | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest on Tua from insiders

BONG SHULA

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
Last thread on Tua updates is locked, so posting these here. Mods can merge if the thread is unlocked later.

This is Rap on Pat McAfee's show. He says the way the Fins are handling Tua is unusual, but that he considers it a possibility he'll suit up in Buffalo

Shefty on ESPN, also says Tua playing is a possibility, and says if not him, then Teddy should be good to go

And here's Mike Girardi on Good Morning Football who says that he's told by people in Miami that Tua wants to play Sunday, comes in around 3:45 min mark of the video

e: updating with these two tweets from Barry Jackson

Translation: Tua is going to start for the Dolphins this weekend.
I hope to God you're right. I'm cautiously optimistic, but also nervous as hell. Sounds like we should get more info from MM later today (but he's been so tight lipped on this topic I'm not going to hold my breath). We probably need Tua cleared for practice come Wednesday/Thursday for him to have a realistic chance to suit up. So we should have significant clarity by the middle of the week.

I have not seen the Vegas line, but I do not think we have a real chance to win.
Our base is bad injuries to starters at CB and S. Our suspect OL may be without our starting (originally not even a back up) RT and the dinged up Armstead.
I think it will take a big turnover battle win. Say plus 3, and some self inflicted Bill penalties to stop drives.
I think it more likely we are badly beaten than we win by a point or two.
Hope to be wrong, I can be a glass half empty guy.

Translation: Tua is going to start for the Dolphins this weekend.
Confused Dogs GIF by MOODMAN

Tua gives us our best chance IMO. I know, big limb. I'm just saying if we need to come back from down 2 scores to win, Tua's the guy. I have zero confidence in either Teddy 2 gloves or "The Future" Skylar Thompson to get it done.

If we can run the ball as well as we did with Mostert in the first half of the Jets game, I'd have more confidence. The Bills defense isn't as tough the Jets IMO. Tua could feast honestly.

Tua and the Dolphins are 'bout to shock the world folks.

I'm sure that'll age well one way or another.

Fins Up!! ✋

It depends how fast a player can get through steps 4 and 5 based on what Jackson tweeted.

It doesn't sound like we should plan on him being available.
Last week McDaniel said Tua hasn't progressed far enough in the concussion protocol to be on the practice field:

"Phase Three: Football Specific Exercise: The player-patient continues with supervised cardiovascular exercises that are increased and begin to mimic sport specific activities, as well as supervised strength training. The player-patient is allowed to practice with the team in sport specific exercise for 30 minutes or less, with ongoing and careful symptom monitoring by the medical staff."

...so I would think that means he's somewhere between Phase 1 & Phase 2.

Tua gives us our best chance IMO. I know, big limb. I'm just saying if we need to come back from down 2 scores to win, Tua's the guy. I have zero confidence in either Teddy 2 gloves or "The Future" Skylar Thompson to get it done.

If we can run the ball as well as we did with Mostert in the first half of the Jets game, I'd have more confidence. The Bills defense isn't as tough the Jets IMO. Tua could feast honestly.

Tua and the Dolphins are 'bout to shock the world folks.

I'm sure that'll age well one way or another.

Fins Up!! ✋
The only thing Tua needs to do to shock the world is….actually play.

Last week McDaniel said Tua hasn't progressed far enough in the concussion protocol to be on the practice field:

"Phase Three: Football Specific Exercise: The player-patient continues with supervised cardiovascular exercises that are increased and begin to mimic sport specific activities, as well as supervised strength training. The player-patient is allowed to practice with the team in sport specific exercise for 30 minutes or less, with ongoing and careful symptom monitoring by the medical staff."

...so I would think that means he's somewhere between Phase 1 & Phase 2.

Jackson's tweet says he's cleared for step 4 at this point

EDIT: Misread the tweet, he has not been cleared for step 4 and is currently on step 3.

Jackson's tweet says he's cleared for step 4 at this point

EDIT: Misread the tweet, he has not been cleared for step 4 and is currently on step 3.
I don't think the tweet says he's on step 3 either. It just says he's "still in first 3 steps of concussion." He could be anywhere within the first 3 steps for that statement to be valid.

I have not seen the Vegas line, but I do not think we have a real chance to win.
Our base is bad injuries to starters at CB and S. Our suspect OL may be without our starting (originally not even a back up) RT and the dinged up Armstead.
I think it will take a big turnover battle win. Say plus 3, and some self inflicted Bill penalties to stop drives.
I think it more likely we are badly beaten than we win by a point or two.
Hope to be wrong, I can be a glass half empty guy.
We are currently a -11

Back
Top Bottom