Latest on Tua from insiders | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest on Tua from insiders

MM to speak to the media, which should include a Tua update, around 430 Miami time, per Barry Jackson

You don't actually have to practice with the team to pass phase 3. All the player has to do is demonstrate exercise and mimic sports activities. So he could pass Phase 3 with out even being at an actual practice. So he can clear any of Phase 1-3 with out the media getting a whiff unless Miami flat out tells them.

Phase 4 is when the media will find out as he will actually be at a practice and participating in a non contact football activities.

If I had to bet Tua wants to play and it is all on Miami at this point. He has probably already pass the first phases. If he isn't even exercising at this point without symptoms, I see now way he would have been allowed at the stadium celebrating with teammates. If Miami decides to give it a go he can clear Phase 4 and 5 in back to back days, if he doesn't have a setback. Basically 4 and 5 is pretty much the same for a QB, cause phase is full contact, which you won't be hitting a QB if full 11 on 11 contact anyway.
True. You don't have to practice with the team to pass Phase 3 but McDaniel said he wasn't past the phase in the concussion protocol that he could:

Said it in the other thread. Tua playing this weekend would determine, for me if I had any say, whether QB is at the top of my shopping list in the off-season. This is arguably the most important game the team will play in about 5 or 6 years. Win here and anything is possible.
I appreciate the sentiment here, and I certainly want Tua to play, but I'm concerned that if he does, we'll see rusty/Pittsburgh Tua. Still would be better than our other options at QB, but hard to evaluate for the future.

If Skylar plays it will help us decide if he can be our back up next year.

That's 5 days ago though.
Yep, but that's the last update I have seen on it.

The QB coach also said Tua isn't in the QB meetings last week. I think film review is also Phase 3. Is it telling that Tua wasn't on the sidelines during the game? I would think if he's further along, attending QB meetings, reviewing tape, he'd be on the sideline helping out.

Interesting that they expect Teddy to suit up if Tua can't go. If it is true Teddy can't grasp a ball yet due to a broken finger, that seems like a big ask for him to be ready in less than a week for a sub freezing game.

If Skylar plays it will help us decide if he can be our back up next year.
you got low standard for back up qb who have too play 5 to 6 game yr...the dolp[hins need invest in young qb that is just as good as Tua..

I dread to see Bridegwater...dread it
Scheme for ST at QB and be aggressive
Let the chips fall where they may
Teddy "my pinky hurts" starts, we lose. I don't want to see him on the field for us again.
Skylar brings a spark and a chance. Don't know why, just a gut feel. For all the criticism - he WON THE GAME against a tough defense. Stood in the pocket, took a beating and even created plays.
Teddy is a guaranteed 2 picks against Barfalo.
Just my 2 cents.

True. You don't have to practice with the team to pass Phase 3 but McDaniel said he wasn't past the phase in the concussion protocol that he could:

McDaniel is not going to tip his hand and is probably also reading the media/twitter warriors cause of the day.

Phase 1-3 are all basically some tiny word deference. You can basically rubber stamp then at any time. They probably have officially cleared 1 and 2. Really no reason to officially clear 3 until you are prepared to but him back in practice. They had decided a ways back he was done for the RS, so just let him rest and exercise, watch some film. If they feel Tua is ready and Tua says he is ready, clearing protocols is easy. I think if he couldn't pass phase 3 already (as in probably already has unofficially) he wouldn't have even been at the game yesterday and would have just been shutdown for the season. I mean Phase 3 is doing some cardio and mimic football exercises without showing symptoms.

What I am really saying the protocols are really for show. Miami/Tua has been the poster board for these protocols. So Miami will play it safe (no matter what), but if Tua (not saying he is for sure) is good to go the protocols are just a formality. Look how fast players are in and out of these "protocols" around the NFL.

Wonder why Sinnett wasn't considered over Glennon
I think he is in the XFL ?? or ....?

Teddy "my pinky hurts" starts, we lose. I don't want to see him on the field for us again.
Skylar brings a spark and a chance. Don't know why, just a gut feel. For all the criticism - he WON THE GAME against a tough defense. Stood in the pocket, took a beating and even created plays.
Teddy is a guaranteed 2 picks against Barfalo.
Just my 2 cents.
Teddy is a weak ass. It was a dislocated pinky and you can see him gripping the ball on the sideline after he went out last week. Didn't Rodgers play this year with a broken bone on his throwing hand?

Back
Top Bottom