Latest on Tua from insiders | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest on Tua from insiders

I must say thank you to the Fins organization. Though it sucks not going to see Tua (for my entertainment purposes) it does help letting the Bills know to go ahead and full steam ahead on game planning for a 7th round Rookie.

What is there to gameplan? Just show up at 1pm on Sunday, that should be the gameplan. Anything else is just a waste of time.

"Lemming Alert" & "Flounder Alert" - LOL
I probably won't be affected by this "missing viewer". - LOL
Skylar is awful. The kid is not a NFL QB, has zero pocket awareness and doesn’t trust his eyes. We saw exactly what he was last game, 9 points, 0 TDs. He’s not confident in what his eyes are seeing and holds into the ball way too long. The pressure he will experience is nothing like he’s ever dealt with. Plus add to the cluster that we just lost our best RB for the season and it’s a recipe for disaster. This isn’t a shitty Jets team we’re playing at home. This same Bills team that put up 32 on our D a couple wks ago in Buffalo and I don’t see anyway we can score with them. I’m not a lemming, I’m a realist.

"Meaningless".. sure 😒
Sorry this feels sOoooO dramatic. Maybe it's wise to take Sunday off and save yourself the heartache?

I'll be visualizing Skylar having a miraculous performance on Sunday! All we can do is hope for the best.

But it is a dramatic situation, is it not? And you visualizing Skylar having a miraculous performance is where the heartache is going to come in. I will watch expecting to lose like Pitt in 2016.

Skylar is awful. The kid is not a NFL QB, has zero pocket awareness and doesn’t trust his eyes. We saw exactly what he was last game, 9 points, 0 TDs. He’s not confident in what his eyes are seeing and holds into the ball way too long. The pressure he will experience is nothing like he’s ever dealt with. Plus add to the cluster that we just lost our best RB for the season and it’s a recipe for disaster. This isn’t a shitty Jets team we’re playing at home. This same Bills team that put up 32 on our D a couple wks ago in Buffalo and I don’t see anyway we can score with them. I’m not a lemming, I’m a realist.
That's what all "Lemmings" say.
They said it last week too.
They were all WRONG. = LOL

Well it is official. Tua out, Skylar in.

To make it clear I am making a technical medical point, the moral discussion is a separate one. Make the correct technical decision relative to protocol, and then have the moral discussion.

From a technical perspective, relative to the concussion protocol currently in place, I find it very hard to believe Tua would not be able to get through the process if they so chose.

He could go back on the field and practice and get through protocol, with flying colors at this point, in my view.

Therefore, he is being held out of the game for other reasons.

As far as Bridgewater goes, call me crazy, I think he is tapping out of the game. Gutless. My suspicion is both Shell and Armstead will be out, and he thinks they have no chance, so Teddy is tapping out, before he goes 0-5.

He did not break his finger, it was just dislocated, and popped right back in to place.

He should be ready to go at this point.

But if one doesn’t want to go, not too hard not to act like you cant fully grip the ball and make certain throws, just like it is not too hard to claim not fully recovered from a hamstring or ankle injury and limp around practice if you want.

Bridgewater is a no good loser bum in my view.

I must say thank you to the Fins organization. Though it sucks not going to see Tua (for my entertainment purposes) it does help letting the Bills know to go ahead and full steam ahead on game planning for a 7th round Rookie.
I am originally from the Buffalo area. Have lots of friends and family desperate for a Bills super bowl. I have rooted for them in the past after the Dolphins are out but you are making it F'n difficult to stick with that......

BTW, any chance the Bills rest all their starters? LOL....

Sidney Crosby overcame it but he had an established career prior to them then recovered
Tua has not established he can stay on the field at all
Though he has established he’s easily the best QB they’ve had since Marino.

So…we could all play the “woe is me” game and act like it’s time to start over and look to our crappy owner and GM to find a solution to the biggest challenge facing NFL teams, OR we could live with the fact we have a QB with considerable risk but talent and hope for the best.

He pulls the ball back to much wastes a ton of time. He sees where and when he should let it go and pulls it back once or twice on 2/3 of his pass plays. Doesn't trust his eyes and doesn't see multiple receivers or anticipate how the play will develop. Buffalo's d is no better than the ones he faced during pre season but he seems to have regressed since then.

I am originally from the Buffalo area. Have lots of friends and family desperate for a Bills super bowl. I have rooted for them in the past after the Dolphins are out but you are making it F'n difficult to stick with that......

They'll certainly be able to come half time.

But it is a dramatic situation, is it not? And you visualizing Skylar having a miraculous performance is where the heartache is going to come in. I will watch expecting to lose like Pitt in 2016.

It has been exhausting for the fans. I feel it when I visit here... I have deep compassion for this fanbase and community which is why I still frequent these days.

Heck my younger finatic self would be devastated after a loss.. years later, thankfully I've learned how to emotionally detach after the game. During the game, I like to be invested energetically but I do feel the drain afterwards. Is it really wise to invest so much emotionally? We do know the power of these emotions, energy in motion, so we have to be wise on how we channel these energies!

Just wanted to shine light on the law of attraction. All's well.. Wishing you peace

Last edited:
Though he has established he’s easily the best QB they’ve had since Marino.

So…we could all play the “woe is me” game and act like it’s time to start over and look to our crappy owner and GM to find a solution to the biggest challenge facing NFL teams, OR we could live with the fact we have a QB with considerable risk but talent and hope for the best.
He won me over but he gets one more chance
He needs to play entire seasons

Aside from the concussions, has Tua missed a game this year due to injury?

Seems to me I recall everyone being concerned about his hip and his ankle prior to drafting him. Has he missed a snap due to either as a pro?

I’m asking as all this woe is me crap is based on him not being able to stay on the field, and that’s perfectly accurate. However, seems to me like this isn’t him being fragile, it’s a run of concussions. And since we all know damn well that pro athletes and particularly NFL players do get concussions, I’m wondering why we have to be so pessimistic and chicken little about this one player? I see no reason he can’t come in next year healthy and rested and dominate again.

It's more than just Tua. Starting QB eval is one of the last things they need to worry about. Building a solid 53 man roster starting with LB, Secondary, OL, QBs and ST would be the focus so Grier has no reason to take anyone other than BPA in this draft for sure. There are too many good players that he's let slip away because he didn't follow the #1 rule of drafting.

Rooted for the Bills in the past? Remember what Ray Finkle's mom thought of Dan Marino? That's how I feel about the Bills at all times.

Back
Top Bottom