lawrence maroney | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

lawrence maroney

whatever yall are riding on me pretty hard, I said i realize we dont need to pick him and i understand how the draft works, thanks. but every year teams model themselves after the superbowl champs. Pittsburg used two runningbacks all season long. We used two runningbacks, and a large part of our success was our use of two runningbacks. As someone previously mentioned, We take the best player available. If fergusen justice cutler and huff are gone, I would want this guy because he is going to be a top ten runningback in the nfl. Hes powerful and hes got some serious breakaway speed. I dont think Ronnie is a homerun type back. Hes powerful but his breakaway speed is questionable. Maroney looks a lot like Ricky when he first came into the league

LoneWulF said:
whatever yall are riding on me pretty hard, I said i realize we dont need to pick him and i understand how the draft works, thanks. but every year teams model themselves after the superbowl champs. Pittsburg used two runningbacks all season long. We used two runningbacks, and a large part of our success was our use of two runningbacks. As someone previously mentioned, We take the best player available. If fergusen justice cutler and huff are gone, I would want this guy because he is going to be a top ten runningback in the nfl. Hes powerful and hes got some serious breakaway speed. I dont think Ronnie is a homerun type back. Hes powerful but his breakaway speed is questionable. Maroney looks a lot like Ricky when he first came into the league

pittsburgh used two backs. neither was a superstar back. they just have a good o-line. i think that ronnie and sammy morris along with kay jay could do well

MelbournePhin said:
pittsburgh used two backs. neither was a superstar back. they just have a good o-line. i think that ronnie and sammy morris along with kay jay could do well

Agreed.

We may draft a runningback but not in the first. No chance. We need secondary help first.

LoneWulF said:
i know we dont really need another rb, but if cutler and huff are off the board in round one and this kid falls to us, hes one of the most explosive, big backs ive ever seen, and hes gonna be a force in the nfl.
No thanks!

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE! didn't we draft R. BROWN TO BE OUR FRANCHISE RB?!?!?! now ppl want us to draft another RB?!?! dude, when RW was around did we ask to tdraft one? NO! u konw why? ppl believed in him, he might be lost and now ppl want a nother rb, why u say? b/c it is quite obvoius people just do NOT have any trust in R.B! this is crazy! People make fun of the Lions and their WR's 3 yrs in a row and now we wnat a rb 2 yrs in a row? WR is more uself to have then RB which would make more sense any other year day month week second minute hour decade century then drafting 2 TOP RB's especially when one was teh 2nd OVERALL pick and soon to be or hoping to be one of the faces of our franchise! this is obsurd

LoneWulF said:
i know we dont really need another rb, but if cutler and huff are off the board in round one and this kid falls to us, hes one of the most explosive, big backs ive ever seen, and hes gonna be a force in the nfl.

:shakeno:

LoneWulF said:

I agree that Maroney is going to be a special back in the NFL...I like him better than White and Williams (and I wouldn't put up too much of a fight if you told me he was better than Bush). If we wouldn't have drafted Ronnie last year, I would be driving the Laurence Maroney bandwagon, but we did. Therefore, I don't think it would make a whole lot of sense to take Maroney this year. Now replacing McKinney with Eslinger on the other hand:yes:

It would be awesome to have 2 really good backs, but as I think we can all agree, we have some more pressing priorities in the draft......at least in the first day.

LoneWulF said:

There will be plenty of players at the 16 spot this year that have just as much, if not more potential as Maroney at their positions and many of them are at our needs positions. If it was an incredibly weak draft, then MAYBE I would agree with you based on BPA (and that would have to be one of the weakest drafts ever). Fortunately this years draft is really strong around our pick in areas that we need, such as DB, LB, OL, and DL. Therefore it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to draft Maroney.

Back
Top Bottom