Lazor sucks... Plain and simple... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lazor sucks... Plain and simple...

Miller has caught 33 passes this year, averaging 9.4 which is really good, and much better than last year.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Who are you looking to replace him with?

I like the attacking style of Hue Jackson ... for example. Although he'll definitely be looking at a HC gig.

We seemed to be able to get behind number 31 for Dallas consistently. Why not take a few more shots, Lazor is a tool.

Does not utilize all of the talent on offense consistently. His game planning never seems to focus on an oppositions weakness, he runs the same short passing, screen game against everyone even if it falls into the strength of an opposing defense. He is college material at best.

Should invent a new drinking game every time Lazor calls a screen pass.

Dolphin fans by halftime

PassedOutDrinking-1.jpg

Agreed. Get a real OC in here. And a semi decent OL. We can run the ball, we know this already. Help Tannehill. Not restrict him. The haters gonna still hate though, despite his improvements every year.

Lazor doesn't suck plain and simple. His suckage is very complicated.

Lazor's offense might be productive if he lived up to his promise of up tempo offense when he took the job. But in the current tempo, no it doesn't work. And the mark of a good coach is making adjustments. Yet Lazor makes none. How can we keep getting stuck with such terrible coaching. Its even more disheartening after I read Peter King's piece on Arians and Palmer on their game planning through a week. I read that and I'm reminded what good coaching is all about and how we've lacked that for a better part of what feels like over a decade now.

Lazor's offense might be productive if he lived up to his promise of up tempo offense when he took the job. But in the current tempo, no it doesn't work. And the mark of a good coach is making adjustments. Yet Lazor makes none. How can we keep getting stuck with such terrible coaching. Its even more disheartening after I read Peter King's piece on Arians and Palmer on their game planning through a week. I read that and I'm reminded what good coaching is all about and how we've lacked that for a better part of what feels like over a decade now.
This is still something I don't understand. Lazor once said the offense is as fast as Tannehill can go but during the 2 minute drill we're always going a lot faster and with great success. Why not do that the entire game?

I am not a fan of the concepts within this offense, but my major criticism is that Lazor has no feel for the game when calling plays. He does not adjust when proven he needs some max protect concepts. He is a big part of the problem.

People need to have more realistic expectations.
95% of the forum thinks Philbin is the worst head coach in the league, wouldn't that have an effect on Lazor?
95% of the forum thinks if Dallas Thomas is on the o-line the o-line will sink the offense, is that Lazor's fault?
95% of the forum, even Tannehill homers do not think Tannehill is an elite QB, wouldn't that effect how good the offense can be?

In 2014 these are the QBs from the top 10 offenses (according to Football Outsiders):
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Ben Roethlisberger
3. Peyton Manning
4. Tony Romo
5. Russell Wilson
6. Tom Brady
7. Drew Brees
8. Ryan Tannehill
9. Joe Flacco
10. Matt Ryan

So we had the worst QB of all the top 10 offenses, every offense ranked above us has an elite QB at the helm and we had the best offense of the non-elite QBs. That is something. So if Lazor sucks then where would a mediocre offensive coordinator have us ranked despite a poor head coach and a poor o-line? Top 5? How about an elite offensive coordinator? Would you only be happy with a top 3 offense? In my opinion its ridiculous to expect us to have a top 5 offense with a middle of the pack QB.

With that said I'm done defending Lazor because its a moot discussion, he's going to be gone at seasons end and we'll get to see who was holding who back.

People need to have more realistic expectations.
95% of the forum thinks Philbin is the worst head coach in the league, wouldn't that have an effect on Lazor?
95% of the forum thinks if Dallas Thomas is on the o-line the o-line will sink the offense, is that Lazor's fault?
95% of the forum, even Tannehill homers do not think Tannehill is an elite QB, wouldn't that effect how good the offense can be?

In 2014 these are the QBs from the top 10 offenses (according to Football Outsiders):
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Ben Roethlisberger
3. Peyton Manning
4. Tony Romo
5. Russell Wilson
6. Tom Brady
7. Drew Brees
8. Ryan Tannehill
9. Joe Flacco
10. Matt Ryan

So we had the worst QB of all the top 10 offenses, every offense ranked above us has an elite QB at the helm and we had the best offense of the non-elite QBs. That is something. So if Lazor sucks then where would a mediocre offensive coordinator have us ranked despite a poor head coach and a poor o-line? Top 5? How about an elite offensive coordinator? Would you only be happy with a top 3 offense? In my opinion its ridiculous to expect us to have a top 5 offense with a middle of the pack QB.

With that said I'm done defending Lazor because its a moot discussion, he's going to be gone at seasons end and we'll get to see who was holding who back.

Not sure how they had us at the 9th best offense last season.I just don't see it

Not sure how they had us at the 9th best offense last season.I just don't see it

In 2014 we were fresh.

You either adapt and overcome or get caught up to.

Guess which one happened this year?

The play calling is abysmal. Guaranteed that if the play calling was better, we wouldn't be in 3rd and long every 3rd down and we would be scoring more...

8th best and it had a lot to do with our running game being 2nd best in the league. As far as not seeing how we were 8th best- in yards and points per game we were better than we've been in decades. The reason it doesn't feel like we were that good is simply because we weren't winning enough games. Make a first down vs Green Bay and Detroit and instead of 8-8 we're 10-6 which probably would have made the offense feel a lot better even though the stats would effectively have been the same.

This season we're 14th which is a step back but nowhere near as bad as you'd think reading the forum. The passing game is still the weak link of the offense but in some ways Tannehill is having the season of his career. For instance he has a passer rating of 90+ in seven of his ten games, typically in the NFL for good teams those are wins so Tannehill is playing well enough that we probably should be more like 6-4 instead of 4-6. And if we were Lazor probably wouldn't be taking as much heat as he is.

Back
Top Bottom