Lazor sucks... Plain and simple... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lazor sucks... Plain and simple...

I really don't think Lazor is horrible per se; his play designs a lot of the time scheme open receivers that can keep running. His problem this year particularly seems to be more screens (and some of the lesser variety like bubble screens and TE screens, I'm fine with screens to Miller), more fakes that take too long, less running, more slow developing tosses when we do run, too much shotgun, too much potentially negative plays in the red zone, less QB read option, and still non-existent moving the QB. To me it's boiling down to a handful of poorly called drives at critical points every game. You can't keep messing up two plays and then expect a long 3rd down conversion, or we have negative plays in the red zone b/c some trick play got sniffed out, or a slow developing play got a penalty for holding or an illegal block.

I really don't know what it says about the QB or the O coordinator that our offense seems to be just fine in the 2 min drill right before the half every game. People say Tanne can't read the field but wouldn't you have to read the field more when you have 4+ targets going out for a pass? Maybe we need to run no huddle like that more often ala Brady, Manning, etc. I really don't know.

8th best and it had a lot to do with our running game being 2nd best in the league. As far as not seeing how we were 8th best- in yards and points per game we were better than we've been in decades. The reason it doesn't feel like we were that good is simply because we weren't winning enough games. Make a first down vs Green Bay and Detroit and instead of 8-8 we're 10-6 which probably would have made the offense feel a lot better even though the stats would effectively have been the same.

This season we're 14th which is a step back but nowhere near as bad as you'd think reading the forum. The passing game is still the weak link of the offense but in some ways Tannehill is having the season of his career. For instance he has a passer rating of 90+ in seven of his ten games, typically in the NFL for good teams those are wins so Tannehill is playing well enough that we probably should be more like 6-4 instead of 4-6. And if we were Lazor probably wouldn't be taking as much heat as he is.

Explain how we are 14th best rated offense when we're 19th in rushing yards per game
21st in passing yards per game,26th in total yards per game,and 26th in points per game...THIS MAKES NO SENSE

As for the 8th best offense last season,I still don't see it
You mention our running game was second in the NFL in 2014...How is that possible
when 11 teams had more rushing yards per game? 13 teams had more rushing tds than us last year
How does that translate to being second in the NFL?

THE ONLY STAT WHERE OUR RUNNING GAME WAS #2 IN THE NFL WAS IN YARDS PER CARRY
BUT THIS DOES NOT TRANSLATE TO THE SECOND BEST RUSHING TEAM IN THE NFL ESPECIALLY
WHEN YOU RUN THE BALL AS LITTLE AS WE DO
:ponder:

Too bad Tanny's passer rating in the 4th qtr is 80.1 qbr:ponder:
even worse is his passer rating in the 4th qtr when within 7 points...73.3 qbr

Add to the fact that Tanny's completion % drops significantly in the 4th qtr
1st Quarter...61.3%
2nd Quarter...64.2%
3rd Quarter...73.2%
4th Quarter...56%:ponder:

In 2014 Tanny wasn't much better in the 4th quarter with a completion % of 59.8%
2013...59.5%
2012...55%

Basically he's shown no improvement in 4 years with his 4th qtr performance:ponder:

Inside the opponents 10 yard line Tanny has the SECOND WORST QBR RATING IN THE NFL..61.7 QBR:ponder:

It's almost like when it's time for Tannehill to take over a game and produce in the 4th qtr
he can't. 6 game winning drives in 4 years seems to point that out. :ponder:

I see a game manager with Tannehill nothing more,nothing less

I think Lazor is ok, he just needs to remain disciplined and stay the course with the running game when we run the ball often we win games

I think Lazor is ok, he just needs to remain disciplined and stay the course with the running game when we run the ball often we win games

The problem is that Lazor never places any emphasis on the running game, even when it's effective. Saying that he needs to run more makes sense, but Lazor just won't do it. Why would you want a guy like that running your offense?

Ic97mPViHEG5O-1.gif

The last drive should tell you why we don't throw normal passing plays. Our line is awful.

can't disagreed with thread opinion... Lazor is straight JV... not ready

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom