LB D'Qwell Jackson visiting Dolphins tonight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LB D'Qwell Jackson visiting Dolphins tonight

Not sure how I feel about this. He's on the wrong side of 30 and signing him (if the price is right) would do what to Ellerbe? I don't see Ellerbe playing OLB.

As we have quickly learned. Can never have too many high quality LBs

Cut Wheeler, sign Jackson, draft Skov, profit.

As we have quickly learned. Can never have too many high quality LBs

Having one would be nice lol. Our depth at the position has been awful for years and the starters aren't great either.

One word. LEADER. And lord knows we need that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we already have an awful lot of cash tied up at lb, he would have to be cheap to interest me

Move Ellerbe to OLB and Jackson to ILB, wheeler as a backup.

LB unit needs a serious makeover, and I'm glad we aren't afraid to undo the mistakes Ireland made last year, even if in mid-contract. We have enough space to cut some of these foolish contracts given out if we see someone better. If I were Ellerbe, Wheeler, and even Reshad Jones, I'd be looking over my shoulder.

Could just be to light a fire under wheeler. This is a strange behavior time of year

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 3m

Dolphins are very intrigued by LB D'Qwell Jackson, who is visiting Tuesday. His 141 tackles for Cleveland in 2013 were NFL's 7th-most.

The Dolphins’ decision to bring in former Cleveland starting inside linebacker D’Qwell Jackson for a visit on Tuesday suggests what many have suspected --– that new GM Dennis Hickey isn’t completely thrilled with Jeff Ireland’s overhaul of the linebacker crew last season.

But it also speaks to Hickey’s admiration for Jackson, according to a league source.

The Dolphins like Jackson not only for his ability, but also for his leadership --- something Miami is trying to address after last year’s locker-room scandal. He was a respected and vocal leader in Cleveland, and this locker-room needs that.

When Cleveland cut him last month, general manager Ray Farmer called him “the epitome of class, leadership and professionalism.”

Hickey has tap-danced around questions concerning both Philip Wheeler and Dannell Ellerbe, but keep in mind that both have guaranteed salaries next season, Ellerbe at $6 million and Wheeler at $5 million. There’s a big cap hit cutting both.

So it’s not out of the question Miami could keep Wheeler and Ellerbe for now, even if they sign Jackson or another starting-caliber linebacker. And Miami repeatedly has said how much it values Koa Misi, who is also under contract. Misi is Miami's best linebacker against the run and isn't expensive ($1.7 base salary in 2014).

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...wade-out-broadcast-changes.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...wade-out-broadcast-changes.html#storylink=cpy

Back
Top Bottom