LB D'Qwell Jackson visiting Dolphins tonight | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LB D'Qwell Jackson visiting Dolphins tonight

Cut one of the FA LB's from last year. Post June 1st designee.

And pay them the full amount to play for someone else and leave ourselves with no depth?

Ummmm, yep. I have no hope for Wheeler. Awful last year. I do think Ellerbe can be okay this year. However, the LB play last year was awful.

The cap hit can be spread out some if he is June 1 cut.

Cut one of the FA LB's from last year. Post June 1st designee.
Hayden - what advantage is there in that when the majority of their crazy salaries are guaranteed for the second year? At a minimum, they have to represent highly expensive backups.
These low salaries year 1 and crazy high salaries guaranteed in year 2 are terrible. Wheeler's agent exploited the situation. This is effectively a poison pill if the player turns into a dud. Aponte should never have agreed to this.

Can Ellerbe play WLB is the question? I say no. Which means we need to look for a WLB to displace Wheeler. We're stuck with both on the roster this year regardless, everyone can put the pipe down. I still have hope for Ellerbe, if he flops this year he's an easy cut.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 3m

Dolphins are very intrigued by LB D'Qwell Jackson, who is visiting Tuesday. His 141 tackles for Cleveland in 2013 were NFL's 7th-most.

philip wheeler had a bunch of tackles in 2012 also...i have liked jackson in the past i know he's had some injury issues pec tears 2 years straight a few years ago if i recall correctly but to be ranked that low against the run when you have two pigs in rubin and taylor in front of you to keep you clean just makes me wonder if this would be more a lateral move...

i sure hope this team can look past stats and get to root causes here...anyways i feel like a card board cut out could help us off what i saw from the lb unit in 2013...

right now though this teams missing a much needed dt either resign or free agent addition or it won't much matter what lb we sign..

No one will be cut, even if we sign him. And considering how poor our LB depth has been, it doesn't hurt to add another starting caliber LB to our team. God knows I'd like to see as little of Jason Trusnik and co. on the field.

Ummmm, yep. I have no hope for Wheeler. Awful last year. I do think Ellerbe can be okay this year. However, the LB play last year was awful.

The cap hit can be spread out some if he is June 1 cut.

Not sure we should cut ties with a LB who was in the first year of his contract with a new team playing next to another new LB. Since it does absolutely nothing for us to cut him, we could at least give them a chance to prove that after a year they made some improvement. I agree our LBs were trash but with those contracts we should just bring in competition and let them fight it out. Just cutting them would be shooting ourselves in the foot and they still could improve with the time in the system.

He has going to the Broncos wrote all over him, his age and coming from a crappy team he is going to want the best shot at a Superbowl.

He'll go wherever the most money is, IMO.

LOL did you get that from Cards Against Humanity? Such a rad game if you know what I'm talking about.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 31s

Former Browns LB D'Qwell Jackson already visited DEN and TEN, finishes meeting with MIA today then flies to IND to visit the Colts

Back
Top Bottom