LB D'Qwell Jackson visiting Dolphins tonight | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LB D'Qwell Jackson visiting Dolphins tonight

I have to question the fit for this team, this year. Unless we can trade Ellerbe and Wheeler, they would have to move and adapt again. Ellerbe is not an OLB, and Wheeler cannot replace Misi. I would like to give them both another year, which makes a whole lot more sense cap wise for the team.

Well if you want a chance at a ring i'd know who I would sign with..

Yeah but if he signs with Denver they better win next year. Denver is going to have to work pretty hard to retain even half of their current roster beyond 2014, realistically Manning has one more shot to win or he is done.

I have to question the fit for this team, this year. Unless we can trade Ellerbe and Wheeler, they would have to move and adapt again. Ellerbe is not an OLB, and Wheeler cannot replace Misi. I would like to give them both another year, which makes a whole lot more sense cap wise for the team.

Not sure I agree. I think Ellerbe will be fine at Mike this next year...but I also think he would be fine with a switch to OLB. As for Wheeler...yeah I would probably keep him because we gain nothing by cutting him...that said he should have to earn a starting spot. My gut says they will bring in a starting caliber LB whether its through FA or draft...Mike or OLB...either way I think they realize Wheeler cannot be given a free ride this year again.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 40s

By the end of this week RT @Jdycus_35: @RapSheet any word on when D'Qwell Jackson will make his decision?

The Dolphins have decided to move Dannell Ellerbe to outside linebacker (weakside) if they sign middle linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, who visited the Dolphins on Tuesday and will choose among Denver, Indianapolis, Miami and Tennessee. Jackson, cut by Cleveland last month, will visit the Colts on Wednesday before deciding his next team.

Philip Wheeler, if he sticks around, would compete with Koa Misi at strongside linebacker. Misi is Miami’s best linebacker against the run, which was a deficiency in 2013.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...rileys-view-um-heat-luongo.html#storylink=cpy

Not sure I agree. I think Ellerbe will be fine at Mike this next year...but I also think he would be fine with a switch to OLB. As for Wheeler...yeah I would probably keep him because we gain nothing by cutting him...that said he should have to earn a starting spot. My gut says they will bring in a starting caliber LB whether its through FA or draft...Mike or OLB...either way I think they realize Wheeler cannot be given a free ride this year again.

Ellerbe had to switch from 3-4 to 4-3 in a different scheme, and I saw a lot of hesitation and thinking in his play. IMO, he is an inside guy, without the speed or rush skills or cover skills, to go outside. I saw too much good in Balt to confuse him again.

Wheeler is a pass rusher, and was VG as a 4-3 OLB in doing so until last year. He has also shown better on the run and in coverage before last year. I also saw a lot of hesitation and thinking in his play.

I don't know if either/both will be good this year but, am fairly certain they will be better than last year. If not, we can replace them next year without getting killed on the cap.

D'Qwell Jackson - LB - Free Agent
Free agent ILB D'Qwell Jackson is expected to sign with a team by the end of the week.
Jackson is expected to choose between the four teams he's visited: the Dolphins, Colts, Broncos, and Titans. The 30-year-old wants to have a new home by the time the legal tampering period begins for the rest of the free-agent class at midnight Friday night/Saturday morning. He's visiting the Colts on Wednesday.
Related: Broncos, Colts, Dolphins, Titans
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Mar 5 - 1:09 PM

I really liked how Jenkins progressed as the season went and by the end of the season he was doing as well as any of our LB's. He is fast and can cover RB's out of the backfield better than any of our LB's. He's got to get stronger against the run however. IMO I would work him at weakside, Ellerbe at strongside, and Misi in the middle. Let Wheeler rotate as needed. Then maybe draft a LB.

For the life of me I'll never understand why some people think "why in the world would he rather live in Denver or Indy when he can live in Miami?". It makes no sense.

Because some people have families elsewhere, and live down here for the season. Denver and Indy are also winning teams with high-caliber offenses.

For the life of me I'll never understand why some people think "why in the world would he rather live in Denver or Indy when he can live in Miami?". It makes no sense.
I met people from Cleveland that have the same point of view about their city.

I can only speak for myself and I'd live in Miami over any other city in the world.

Back
Top Bottom