League Wide Cuts Thread (non-dolphins) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

League Wide Cuts Thread (non-dolphins)

***** The Patriots traded their former 2nd round safety this morning as well sending Jordan Richards to the Falcons
What? Oh, you mean: Pats traded safety Jordan Richards to Falcons for a bag of chips conditional 7th round pick.

Many were utterly outraged when Miami didn't spend a mid-round pick on him.
I wasn't outraged....but wanted us to draft him. I live in Tucson and saw him a lot and he reminded me very much of Zach Thomas. He never seemed to fully recover from his knee injury in college.

I'd be interested in Scooby considering the play of our backup linebackers. Can he play special teams?

Ron Parker - DB - Free Agent
Falcons released S Ron Parker.

He tweeted the news himself. Parker became expendable when the Falcons acquired Jordan Richards from New England on Friday. The 31-year-old registered 67 tackles, two forced fumbles and two interceptions over 1,032 defensive snaps for Kansas City last season. He shouldn't be on the market for long.

Corey Moore - DB - Free Agent
Texans waived S Corey Moore.

Moore logged 27 tackles over 14 games (three starts) last year while earning a positive coverage grade from ProFootballFocus. The 25-year-old shouldn't take long to resurface.

Scooby has been moving around a few times, can't seem to stick

Sterling Moore - DB - Free Agent
Lions released CB Sterling Moore.

Moore's tenure in Detroit lasted less than two weeks. The 28-year-old is officially at the journeyman stage of his career after logging just 104 defensive snaps for New Orleans last season. He'll look to catch on elsewhere as a depth signing.

Raiders put DL Mario Edwards on trade block
10475.jpg

The Raiders are shopping DL Mario Edwards in trade talks.

The 35th overall pick in the 2015 draft, Edwards has struggled since missing nearly all of 2016 with a severe hip injury. The fact that he's being made available now suggests Edwards could be included in the Raiders' final cuts.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Aug 31 - 1:26 PM

Back
Top Bottom