League Wide Cuts Thread (non-dolphins) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

League Wide Cuts Thread (non-dolphins)

If the team opts to only keep 5 wrs there are always options for the 6th receiver spot on either other teams practice squads or on the free agent market. DOlphins might keep 6, but if they went with 5 and tried to keep Owuso and Ford on the practice squad they could still get by.

I can't figure out what they don't like about Owusu. My guess is that he has focus problems in practice and drops a lot of routine balls. Not that he isn't a smart guy, from what I have read he acquired multiple degrees in his time at Stanford. I just don't get it. You have a guy with elite speed, Julio Jones size and workout numbers, and from what I have seen, seems to win in contested ball situations.

Why not Owusu?? Is he completely worthless on special teams? Supposedly, he has great character. He is bigger,stronger,and faster than Parker. If Parker is a bust, then we don't have a WR over 200 pounds. Caroo is crap. Dolphins could line up a possession receiver with 4.37 speed. With Owusu and Stills running deep routes, defenses would have to respect that kind of speed, and it could open things up; especially if Owusu were to continue to reel in contested passes deep down field.

If the team opts to only keep 5 wrs there are always options for the 6th receiver spot on either other teams practice squads or on the free agent market. DOlphins might keep 6, but if they went with 5 and tried to keep Owuso and Ford on the practice squad they could still get by.

I sereiously doubt Owusu makes it to a practice squad this year. There are way too many teams out there with huge holes in their receiver corps. Owusu has the size, speed,coach-ability, and IQ that teams are looking for. He isn't a secret anymore.

Brandon Tate - WR - Free Agent
Saints released WR Brandon Tate.

Signed in the early days of camp, Tate didn't show enough to earn a reserve/special teams role. Perhaps he will return to Buffalo, where he spent 2016-17.

Pass, we are loaded at WR with studs like Amendola and Parker.

Roderick Johnson - T - Free Agent
Texans waived OT Roderick Johnson.

The No. 160 overall pick of last year's draft by the Browns, Johnson lasted two months in Houston. He would do well to crack someone's practice squad.

Jeff Janis amongst Browns' first wave of cuts
9719.jpg

Browns released WR Jeff Janis.

Janis appeared in all 16 games for the Packers each of the past three seasons but could not crack the rebuilding Browns' 53-man roster. Janis caught three balls for 47 yards in the preseason. The NFL is simply never going to be as high on Janis as "football Twitter." It's a shame. Janis' special teams ability should get him a look elsewhere.

Sure. He’s better than ford. Ford is ok but he’s goin to have trouble getting separation and has little upside imo. Miller is a super athlete with loads of big play ability. Plus I’m a buckeye fan lol. Guess I tipped my hand.

Back
Top Bottom