LeBron James Apologizes to Cleveland | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeBron James Apologizes to Cleveland

As much as I hate to say it, no they don't. I will say that Alonzo had more to do with the title in the finals than Shaq did. I hated every second that Shaq was down here.

And junc, who are you to say that Lebron or Wades emotions weren't real? These two teams genuinley hate each other and I don't think you watched any interviews that James or Wade said about them. They respect the hell outta that team and old and busted or not, if you sleep on them they will crush you. After game 1 of the season the Heat were crucified and all the haters(and some heat fans) came outta the woodworks spouting off at the mouth with their predictions and declared the season over the Heat.

Say what you want about their predicitons before the season started or the fact that they held that party to celebrate them coming together but that wasn't meant for anybody else but us Heat fans.

Alonzo was along for the ride, they aren't close to the Finals w/o Shaq. They won the Finals b/c wade was trated better than Michael ever was and lived at the FT line but they aren't there w/o Shaq.

Anyone who watches the sport knows Miami was a work in progress, they couldn't be expected to be at their peak game 1 or even a few months in. heck, they won'tpeak for another couple of years. I told you guys a few months back when everyone was jumping off a bridge b/c they lost a few games that they would be fine.

Now you are going to compare the Jets reactions? Football is played once a week. it is a more emotional game. The Jets and Pats have been rivals for a LONG time, the Pats are considered the premiere franchise in the sport, the Pats were 14-2, the Pats had just whooped the Jets a month earlier. The Pats were far and away the favorites to win it all, very different than beating a team that just became a rival, that is old and broken down, that was a 3 seed, that has 1 title in 25 seasons.

Unlike football all it takes is two guys to not like eachother for a rivalry to be born. In the Boston/Miami series, 4 guys hated eachother, Wade/James and Garnett/Pierce. Not to mention all the **** that was talked during the AllStar game about how the Celtics knew all of Miamis set play and how Rivers left Bosh in to play with the other Celts just to show they know Miami's playbook.

And most of us reasonable Heat fans knew that the season wasn't over after game one or even 20 games into the season. Regular season is a joke.
Oh, and the Jets played the Pats without Randy Moss if you really wanna rationalize the Heat beating the Celtics

Unlike football all it takes is two guys to not like eachother for a rivalry to be born. In the Boston/Miami series, 4 guys hated eachother, Wade/James and Garnett/Pierce. Not to mention all the **** that was talked during the AllStar game about how the Celtics knew all of Miamis set play and how Rivers left Bosh in to play with the other Celts just to show they know Miami's playbook.

And most of us reasonable Heat fans knew that the season wasn't over after game one or even 20 games into the season. Regular season is a joke.
Oh, and the Jets played the Pats without Randy Moss if you really wanna rationalize the Heat beating the Celtics
Particularly in the East. You have to be terrible to miss the playoffs in the East. If Phoenix was in the East, we would've made it in as the 8 and been 1 game back on the 7 seed. Pretty pathetic. In the West though they finished 10th I believe.

Celts/Heat isn't close to the rivalry of the Jets/Pats.

NE became a MUCH better team w/o Randy Moss. Randy quit, did you notice he played on 3 teams and didn't help one of them? That's a pretty poor excuse.

Now the Heat react to beating the Boston Celtics in the second round as if they had exorcised some terrible demons. As only James could sum it up: "Finally getting past this team, everything I went through this summer. All the backlash ... very emotional."

Finally? Did I miss some kind of storied rivalry?

Again, the Heat celebrate nothing. Or rather, they celebrate the relief of not losing to guys they should beat. That’s all that happened: The Three Kings and their supporting cast beat an old team with no center and a one-armed point guard.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/...e-no-excuses-for-not-winning-nba-title-051211

Yea the Celtics were slouches. Whats the rationalization gonna be if they beat the Bulls?

Celts/Heat isn't close to the rivalry of the Jets/Pats.

NE became a MUCH better team w/o Randy Moss. Randy quit, did you notice he played on 3 teams and didn't help one of them? That's a pretty poor excuse.

This isn't just a rivalry of the Heat and Celts. This was about 60% of our team actually hating 60% of their team. Earlier in the season Pierce took his talents to South Beach and then went to Memphis. This time after he came here he went fishing. They don't like each other, it has nothing to do with history. How can you not understand that?

That's great but it's not Jets/Pats and Miami didn't slay the dragon, they beat an old, beaten down team. Great win as they are one step closer to a title but this was not some monumental win. This wasn't the Bulls beating detroit in the early 90s, this wasn't det beating Boston in the late 80s.

What the hell is your point

But it was just the second round! Why would you celebrate like that for getting out of the second round against an old, injured team?! This is the grasping lament of a laughing-but-now-more-scared America as it slinks over to the Chicago Bulls today, rooting and hoping and praying that Derrick Rose can do what all of those Hall of Fame Celtics could not.
Give the Heat hater enough time, and back the Heat hater into a corner, and he will figure out a way to make even Zach Randolph the lovable rooting interest against this team.
But you might celebrate like James did, too, if you had spent so many months listening to so many angry American voices — fans, media, former players, former legends — mock and shred a decision you made about where to work. It is an extraordinary weight he has carried all year, as the radioactive symbol for a team that might be rooted against as much as any in the history of American sports, so there is going to be a disproportionate bliss attached to the rewards, too.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/12/2214823/a-slice-of-vindication-for-miami.html#ixzz1MGGdkQQW

And that pep rally when they got signed was for us, not anybody else. It was no different when Shaq got traded here and they had a parade with him hanging out of a gian truck squirting a super soaker at people. Thats how we do things down here. We celebrate, we're happy, we party, we show emotion. Thats why people vacation down here and not in doom and gloom Cleveland

This thread sucks, I'm out. And junc, it feels like its been forever since we talked sports. Good to have you back in this forum. Seriously.

What the hell is your point

And that pep rally when they got signed was for us, not anybody else. It was no different when Shaq got traded here and they had a parade with him hanging out of a gian truck squirting a super soaker at people. Thats how we do things down here. We celebrate, we're happy, we party, we show emotion. Thats why people vacation down here and not in doom and gloom Cleveland

This thread sucks, I'm out. And junc, it feels like its been forever since we talked sports. Good to have you back in this forum. Seriously.

The homer Heat writers are playing the "everyone hates the Heat" card:lol2:

The thing for Shaq was silly too.

Have fun w/ all of this, we all root for many teams and it's hard to win championships. Enjoy the ride and don't worry about people saying bad things about lebron.

junk, EVERYONE goes to play with other superstars IF the team doesn't surround him with superstars first.

Cleveland didn't do it despite having every opportunity. It's not "who knows what they would have done." We DO KNOW what they wouldn't have done. They showed us for seven years what they wouldn't do.

Catered to LeBron? He's your superstar franchise player . Yes, by all means, cater to HIM if you want to keep him. Miami caters to LeBron AND puts superstars around him.

Carmelo ran off to New York. Kevin Garnett ran off to Boston. Barkley ran off here and there. It goes on and on. Garnett knew he wouldn't win anything in Minnesota lol. Carmelo wouldn't win anything in Denver and probably still won't in New York but I applaud the guy for making career moves to help benefit HIMSELF.

You do things that benefit YOU but for some reason it's different if you're an athlete. You guys look at athletes like they should he perfect and above everyone else. They're nothing more than regular dudes with regular lives and families like you and I. LeBron is being handed NOTHING. Some damn good teams out there we need to beat.

junk, EVERYONE goes to play with other superstars IF the team doesn't surround him with superstars first.

Cleveland didn't do it despite having every opportunity. It's not "who knows what they would have done." We DO KNOW what they wouldn't have done. They showed us for seven years what they wouldn't do.

Catered to LeBron? He's your superstar franchise player . Yes, by all means, cater to HIM if you want to keep him. Miami caters to LeBron AND puts superstars around him.

Carmelo ran off to New York. Kevin Garnett ran off to Boston. Barkley ran off here and there. It goes on and on. Garnett knew he wouldn't win anything in Minnesota lol. Carmelo wouldn't win anything in Denver and probably still won't in New York but I applaud the guy for making career moves to help benefit HIMSELF.

You do things that benefit YOU but for some reason it's different if you're an athlete. You guys look at athletes like they should he perfect and above everyone else. They're nothing more than regular dudes with regular lives and families like you and I. LeBron is being handed NOTHING. Some damn good teams out there we need to beat.

Barkley, Garnett and 'Melo were not stars on the level of Lebron and none were FAs though obviously Melo forced Denvers hand.

Carmelo had better chance to win in Denver, him leaving wasn't about winning so I respect him less than Lebron though again melo is nowhere near the level of player that Lebron is.

There's nothing about these guys that are regular, they don't have a regular job. You started this stuff last summer, there is no connection btw the average person and what these guys have gone through or are going through. You cannot compare what they have gone through to what the average working man/woman goes through.

The homer Heat writers are playing the "everyone hates the Heat" card:lol2:

The thing for Shaq was silly too.

Have fun w/ all of this, we all root for many teams and it's hard to win championships. Enjoy the ride and don't worry about people saying bad things about lebron.

Well what about Collin Cowherd, Jalen Rose, Chris Mullen, or any of those guys that are supporters and not homers?

I'm not worried about people saying bad things about Lebron. Thats why I was saying this thread sucks, I'm not changing your opinion and your not changing mine. Thats the great thing about debating sports, you can't take things personal

Back
Top Bottom