LeBron James Apologizes to Cleveland | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeBron James Apologizes to Cleveland

Well what about Collin Cowherd, Jalen Rose, Chris Mullen, or any of those guys that are supporters and not homers?

I'm not worried about people saying bad things about Lebron. Thats why I was saying this thread sucks, I'm not changing your opinion and your not changing mine. Thats the great thing about debating sports, you can't take things personal

All of this stuff is nonsense, all the debates on here are. None of it is changing our lives, I love debating this stuff and it's fun to debate w/ knowledgeable fans like you guys.

Barkley, Garnett and 'Melo were not stars on the level of Lebron and none were FAs though obviously Melo forced Denvers hand.

Carmelo had better chance to win in Denver, him leaving wasn't about winning so I respect him less than Lebron though again melo is nowhere near the level of player that Lebron is.

There's nothing about these guys that are regular, they don't have a regular job. You started this stuff last summer, there is no connection btw the average person and what these guys have gone through or are going through. You cannot compare what they have gone through to what the average working man/woman goes through.

These are regular guys. Maybe they don't have regular jobs like you and I but they are regular people. People are people and just because you're some superstar athlete it doesn't mean that you're more of a person than everyone else. YOU have made them into more than they really are. That's a YOU problem.

Carmelo and Garnett both forced their team's hand. Both held their franchises hostage and got what they wanted. Same with LeBron only he stuck out his contracts and then moved on.

LeBron is more than a basketball player in the NBA. He's a brand. He's changing the game from a business perspective. No one else is doing that. Kobe didn't. Rose isn't. Wade isn't. LeBron is. And Cleveland wouldn't have traded him and Cleveland wasn't putting a winning product around him.

What should he have done, junk? Hope?

These are regular guys. Maybe they don't have regular jobs like you and I but they are regular people. People are people and just because you're some superstar athlete it doesn't mean that you're more of a person than everyone else. YOU have made them into more than they really are. That's a YOU problem.

Carmelo and Garnett both forced their team's hand. Both held their franchises hostage and got what they wanted. Same with LeBron only he stuck out his contracts and then moved on.

LeBron is more than a basketball player in the NBA. He's a brand. He's changing the game from a business perspective. No one else is doing that. Kobe didn't. Rose isn't. Wade isn't. LeBron is. And Cleveland wouldn't have traded him and Cleveland wasn't putting a winning product around him.

What should he have done, junk? Hope?

They are not regular people, they have been coddled since they were very little b/c they had a gift that very few people have. They worked on their gift to make them great players as they continued to rise through each level. Thir situations are nothing like that of the average working person.

Garnett wante to stay in Minneosota so he didn't force anything, Barkely I don't recall but he had some off court issues and I think Philly had enough.

That's probably why lebron hasn't won, b/c he is more concerned w/ his brand rather than winning and this FA allowed him the easiest path to start winning. he thought he would be handed titles.

Absolutely not.

Every team that has won the NBA title won it on a little good fortune. That goes without saying. You guys with Shaq and now Bosh/LBJ. My guys with drafting Duncan. The Lakers with Shaq. The Celtics with Allen/Garnett.

This year might be different though if OKC or Chicago win it all. Most (not all) of their guys (main stars) have come up through their system.

Who seen LeBron James and the Heat get handed a title last night?

I mean, that's the whole reason LeBron came to Miami, right?

:lol:

Who seen LeBron James and the Heat get handed a title last night?

I mean, that's the whole reason LeBron came to Miami, right?

:lol:

The series is over after one game? and that was his thinking, he didn't accept the challenge of trying to win w/ a team built around him so he went to a ready made team. This team is going to win multiple championships whether that starts this year or not is irrlevant. if they lose this year it will be funny b/c he thought he was guaranteed a title and to watch him choke again would be enjoyable but this series is far from over.

The series is over after one game? and that was his thinking, he didn't accept the challenge of trying to win w/ a team built around him so he went to a ready made team. This team is going to win multiple championships whether that starts this year or not is irrlevant. if they lose this year it will be funny b/c he thought he was guaranteed a title and to watch him choke again would be enjoyable but this series is far from over.

Lebron would have been guaranteed multiple titles in Chicago - a much better fit for him than Miami.

His signing with Miami tells me one of three things:

1. His basketball IQ is average at best.
2. He couldn't handle Jordan's shadow in Chicago.
3. He'd rather hang out with his friends than win titles.

. . .

Before the season, I was professing my love for Thibbs and how perfect a fit it'd be for him in Chicago. If James went to the Bulls I would have guaranteed a title for the Bulls - assuming the health of James and Rose. Boozer (by the way, I didn't love the Boozer signing) isn't even playing at 100% right now. He's a guy that is a legitimate 22 and 10 kind of player. Now, he's playing more like a 17 and 8 kind of player. When/if he gets his legs back next year, the Bulls should look a lot better.

I'd like to see the Bulls add some scoring at the wing - even if it's just in the form of a 6th man kind of player.

But, the point I'm trying to make here:

The Bulls are built like a team. The Heat are not. The Heat won't be guaranteed any titles as long as Thibbs, Roe, and Noah are in Chicago.

No, YOU thought he was guaranteed a title this season.

DLC didn't walk into the season thinking they were going to destroy all opposition. Titles are still earned on the floor. YOU bought into the media hype of guaranteeing championships. DLC never came out and said they had one in the bag like so many Heat haters wish to believe.

No, YOU thought he was guaranteed a title this season.

DLC didn't walk into the season thinking they were going to destroy all opposition. Titles are still earned on the floor. YOU bought into the media hype of guaranteeing championships. DLC never came out and said they had one in the bag like so many Heat haters wish to believe.

I never said that, I said they are going to win titles int he coming years whether that starts this year or not I don't know.

I don't buy into any media hype, I form my own opinions. It's easy to see what he has done, he's not the competitor most great players are. he took the easy way out- if you weren't a Heat fan you'd be able to see it. I don't have a stake in this, I'm not a big NBA fan but I appreciate greatness when I do watch the NBA. As a fan it's disappointing a player as great as he is would take the easy way out.

Do you feel the same way about Pierce and Garnett?

Do you feel the same way about Pierce and Garnett?

First off neither of those players are on the level of Lebron and 2nd Pierce didn't go anywhere and garnett didn't want to leave Minnesota- they trdaed him.

This would be like Michael Jordan leaving Chicago or Magic leaving LA. lebron is on that level, those other players are not.

First off neither of those players are on the level of Lebron and 2nd Pierce didn't go anywhere and garnett didn't want to leave Minnesota- they trdaed him.

This would be like Michael Jordan leaving Chicago or Magic leaving LA. lebron is on that level, those other players are not.

I agree with Junc. I do wonder though how all of this would be viewed if LBJ and his 'Decision' had occurred in the 70s or 80s. The media overexposure of today certainly has played into the hands of the negative-minded fans that dislike LBJ for how he handled choosing his next destination.

But surely their championship is tainted. Same with Kobe's 3 rings with Shaq and Shaqs 4 with Kobe/Wade. None of them accepted the challenge of winning a ring by themselves.

But surely their championship is tainted. Same with Kobe's 3 rings with Shaq and Shaqs 4 with Kobe/Wade. None of them accepted the challenge of winning a ring by themselves.

Shaq went to LA when the Lakers had nothing, he had a better chance to win in orlando through the 90s but he went to LA. They traded for Kobe on draft day the year they signed Shaq but no one knew what kobe would become. LA built around them for years before finally breaking through 4 years later.

As far as Boston, they acquired some vets heading towards the end of their careers seeking a title but last I checked none of them begged out, none were FAs and had a TV show to humiliate their former team.

Every team will have traded players and FAs on their teams, only one has a superstar FA who was afraid to put in the work to win one w/ his original team.

Back
Top Bottom