LeBron James is a Dolphin fan! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeBron James is a Dolphin fan!

I guess I mistakenly assumed Dolphins fans would be Heat fans, since we all live down here in Miami. I forget we have international dolphin fans who are NBA fans of other teams and so their saltiness of the HEAT shines through.

I mean, you have guys like Kobe arrested for rape, running his teammate out of town, ruining a dynasty, making the GOAT Coach hate him, call him uncoachable..... among other things....

you have guys like Dwight Howard who have re-defined the meaning of Flip Flop, has currently 5 or 6 children out of wedlock with 5 or 6 different women, and demanding trades while still under contract. (Something Kobe did as well)

you have guys like Carmelo Anthony who get into legal issues and fight on the court......

but it's LeBron, someone who has never been arrested, never demanded a trade, honored his playing contract and informed the Cavaliers he would decide his future in free agency, and really never did anything wrong, he is the one most despised. You would think he was the mastermind behind 9/11 by the way some people talk. "Worst person in all of sports" they say. Michael Vick tortured dogs right? Aaron Hernandez obstruction of justice in a murder case? Chad Johnson domestic abuse? Kobe arrested for rape?

but nah dawg, dat LeBron, i hate him, he went to Miami Heat !!!!!!!! ahhhhh!!!!!!!!

Whatever. I don't have this problem when I hang out with my buddies who are Dolphin fans, cause we live in Miami and are also Heat fans. LeBron is 305 all day now, and all this hate reminds me of the Miami Hurricanes. Rest of nation always hates Miami. Jealousy.

So much irrational hatred makes me laugh. The worst thing he's ever done resulted in millions of dollars going to the boys and girls club of America. I see crazy fans blindly make excuses for woman beaters, rapists, drunk drivers and pedophile enablers. But they vilify a guy who's always been the consummate teammate. Who's honored his contract without demanding trades, without throwing his teammates under the bus or without going after the biggest pay check. He sacrificed money and reputation just to win. Usually that action gets lauded but when you have crazy irrational fans whose mentality are driven solely on blind emotion, you get the blind hatred thats presented. The good guys won and the wackos hate it. Lol. Go heat!!!!

So much irrational hatred makes me laugh. The worst thing he's ever done resulted in millions of dollars going to the boys and girls club of America. I see crazy fans blindly make excuses for woman beaters, rapists, drunk drivers and pedophile enablers. But they vilify a guy who's always been the consummate teammate. Who's honored his contract without demanding trades, without throwing his teammates under the bus or without going after the biggest pay check. He sacrificed money and reputation just to win. Usually that action gets lauded but when you have crazy irrational fans whose mentality are driven solely on blind emotion, you get the blind hatred thats presented. The good guys won and the wackos hate it. Lol. Go heat!!!!

Preach it!!!!!!

I think the nation always hates Miami. Doesn't this remind you of the Miami Hurricanes in their hey day?

For the record, I don't really like basketball. But when ONE person takes the attention from the entire sport and holds it "hostage", for lack of a better term, just to announce what team he is going to. Call me crazy, but that comes off as extremely selfish and arrogant. Regardless of talent. I generally lump him in with the likes of Rex Ryan and Steve Jobs. So arrogant that they seem to refuse to be humble from time to time.

Does that put him up there with the off court arrests and the like? Certainly not. And I will not deny the man has a gift. But personally that whole picking a team deal left a bad taste in my mouth. So much so that I can't look past it to cheer for him.

Never goto the Library without your shotgun.

So what exactly has LeBron done that's so terrible? Never arrested, no drugs, he's there with his kids, far as I can tell his worst choice was "The Decision".......a freaking charity event, and the "Not 1 not 2 not 3" was a freaking pep rally.

The most ridiculous thing about the pep rally analysis is that the media continues to say LeBron guaranteed multiple championships. He never guaranteed anything. Eric Reed said to LeBron, "But we also know you three kings came down here to win championships. Not one.." which LeBron famously responded with the "not one, not two" line; however, just a few sentences after that he said, "We believe we can win multiple championships IF we take care of business and do it the right way." But no one talks about that.

You can see it for yourself @2:09

[video=youtube;Vhq1qieske4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhq1qieske4[/video]

By the way, I find Eric Reed to be incredibly cheesy and annoying. :chuckle:

Love him or hate him there is no denying he has lifted the Miami sports scene to unbelievable heights.
Repeat NBA champions. Something the city can be proud of.
Never a bad thing.

Your turn Dolphins :420:

It's funny how people who criticized him for "the decision" had no problem with him until after the decision was made. I heard hardly a peep from the now critics when he announced he was going on TV to make his decision. It was only until after he said he was going to miami that all these people said how offended they were. The truth is that fans, media members and closet haters were so butt hurt that he didn't go where they thought he was going or where they wanted him to go that they used "the decision" as a crutch to spew their venom. The week leading up to the decision..........you hardly heard a word and it was considered must see TV. After the decision........oh what a terrible awful thing he did. Hypocrites.

It's funny how people who criticized him for "the decision" had no problem with him until after the decision was made. I heard hardly a peep from the now critics when he announced he was going on TV to make his decision. It was only until after he said he was going to miami that all these people said how offended they were. The truth is that fans, media members and closet haters were so butt hurt that he didn't go where they thought he was going or where they wanted him to go that they used "the decision" as a crutch to spew their venom. The week leading up to the decision..........you hardly heard a word and it was considered must see TV. After the decision........oh what a terrible awful thing he did. Hypocrites.

Not me. Like I said, I hated how he handle the whole thing. He knew where he was going the whole time. The fact that he had to hold a press conference at his house just lends proof to that. Any other athlete would have had their agent tell the media about which team he had picked and then had a press conference at the new team's facility.

Like I said the man is great at what he does. But needs to learn to show a little humility from time to time. If he ever admitted to the fact that he should have handled "the decision" differently, then I would let it go. But I am sure he never will so I will continue to dislike him as a person.

Oh, and the reason I am not a Heat fan is because of how many people jumped on the band wagon after James, Bosh and the other guy (like I said I don't follow the NBA all that much) signed on to the team. Not saying anyone on this board is guilty of that. I just know plenty of people that did exactly that after those signings.

Lots of mad and lots of envy around here now.

I think that we can all agree that we hope that very soon the Dolphins can catch the Heat in championships by the city of Miami professional franchises.

Not me. Like I said, I hated how he handle the whole thing. He knew where he was going the whole time. The fact that he had to hold a press conference at his house just lends proof to that. Any other athlete would have had their agent tell the media about which team he had picked and then had a press conference at the new team's facility.

Like I said the man is great at what he does. But needs to learn to show a little humility from time to time. If he ever admitted to the fact that he should have handled "the decision" differently, then I would let it go. But I am sure he never will so I will continue to dislike him as a person.

Oh, and the reason I am not a Heat fan is because of how many people jumped on the band wagon after James, Bosh and the other guy (like I said I don't follow the NBA all that much) signed on to the team. Not saying anyone on this board is guilty of that. I just know plenty of people that did exactly that after those signings.

He's actually stated a couple of times that if he had to do it all over again, he wouldn't do the decision.

At least it raised money for a good cause.

He's actually stated a couple of times that if he had to do it all over again, he wouldn't do the decision.

At least it raised money for a good cause.

Oh, didn't know that. Well then I feel better. Any video of that?

Still dislike the Heat because of band wagoners though.

Oh, didn't know that. Well then I feel better. Any video of that?

Still dislike the Heat because of band wagoners though.

Best I could find.

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=5749163&src=desktop[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Im a big Heat fan, i thoroughly enjoyed this team this year, and even i can say (bc im a HEAT fan, not a fan of a single HEAT player) that THIS is EXTREMELY douchey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtPEMDMX3Cc

I think that's a bit much. At that particular time, these guys are in a completely different mental state than what's normal. They've suffered a hugely disproportionate amount of criticism than what their actions warranted. It's minutes after months long of playing in which they were 5 seconds away from losing. They are filled with euphoria. Their bodies are exhausted. Adrenaline, champagne and other chemicals are affecting the way their brain is working. Wade is asking reporters to call him 3, Riley is barely coherent as he pours champagne on a women reporter and hugs her. None of these guys are thinking straight at all. Extremely douchy?.....c'mon. Put the situation and where he is in perspective.

I think that's a bit much. At that particular time, these guys are in a completely different mental state than what's normal. They've suffered a hugely disproportionate amount of criticism than what their actions warranted. It's minutes after months long of playing in which they were 5 seconds away from losing. They are filled with euphoria. Their bodies are exhausted. Adrenaline, champagne and other chemicals are affecting the way their brain is working. Wade is asking reporters to call him 3, Riley is barely coherent as he pours champagne on a women reporter and hugs her. None of these guys are thinking straight at all. Extremely douchy?.....c'mon. Put the situation and where he is in perspective.

Are u justifying "get the f#<k out my face" to reporters just doing their job?

You think that's cool in any scenario? They decided to assemble ostensibly the greatest team ever assembled. And they proceeded to get blown out of countless games in the playoffs. The inconsistency was ridiculous. We got it done...and that's awesome. But criticism was absolutely warranted

Back
Top Bottom