LeBron James is a Dolphin fan! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeBron James is a Dolphin fan!

Not me. Like I said, I hated how he handle the whole thing. He knew where he was going the whole time. The fact that he had to hold a press conference at his house just lends proof to that. Any other athlete would have had their agent tell the media about which team he had picked and then had a press conference at the new team's facility.

Like I said the man is great at what he does. But needs to learn to show a little humility from time to time. If he ever admitted to the fact that he should have handled "the decision" differently, then I would let it go. But I am sure he never will so I will continue to dislike him as a person.

Oh, and the reason I am not a Heat fan is because of how many people jumped on the band wagon after James, Bosh and the other guy (like I said I don't follow the NBA all that much) signed on to the team. Not saying anyone on this board is guilty of that. I just know plenty of people that did exactly that after those signings.

Never goto the Library without your shotgun.

He did a one hour special that got great ratings. That justifies his decision to do "the decision." If everyone hated the idea so much, why were they watching?

Right...

Are u justifying "get the f#<k out my face" to reporters just doing their job?

You think that's cool in any scenario? They decided to assemble ostensibly the greatest team ever assembled. And they proceeded to get blown out of countless games in the playoffs. The inconsistency was ridiculous. We got it done...and that's awesome. But criticism was absolutely warranted

All the ridiculous, over the top things said about this team and you're upset because he said that? He's human just like the rest of us, not an android robot. He's been taking everything in stride, never cursing people out like he could have. Nothing was said about the class he showed there for years. Now all of a sudden he's a bad guy for telling reporters to gtfo?

This guy could literally be pastor, heart surgeon, miracle worker, and basketball player all at the same time. People will still find things to criticize him about. It's laughable and so transparent. Get over it.

Please....gtfoh..

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

I think that's a bit much. At that particular time, these guys are in a completely different mental state than what's normal. They've suffered a hugely disproportionate amount of criticism than what their actions warranted. It's minutes after months long of playing in which they were 5 seconds away from losing. They are filled with euphoria. Their bodies are exhausted. Adrenaline, champagne and other chemicals are affecting the way their brain is working. Wade is asking reporters to call him 3, Riley is barely coherent as he pours champagne on a women reporter and hugs her. None of these guys are thinking straight at all. Extremely douchy?.....c'mon. Put the situation and where he is in perspective.

Perspective is not something anyone wants to have if they dislike this team. The last three years prove that. Logic flew out the window a long time ago.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Best I could find.

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=5749163&src=desktop[/FONT]

Case in point. I remember when he said that. The noise around LeBron is so loud that anything positive is swallowed into a black hole. The detractors really wouldn't like me if I was LeBron. I'd tell all of you to eat my ass. :lol:

Im a big Heat fan, i thoroughly enjoyed this team this year, and even i can say (bc im a HEAT fan, not a fan of a single HEAT player) that THIS is EXTREMELY douchey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtPEMDMX3Cc

As the late great Jim Mandich used to always say, "When you reach the mountain top, you're entitled to a few tarzan yells." I have no problem with what they did. They showed restraint considering all the piling on.

Last edited by a moderator:
That prick is a Cowboys fan and you can bet your ass he'd show up in a Cowboys hat at Sunlife should they play our Fins.
He did it in Cleveland and it caused an uproar.

As compared to the prick who coaches LSU? (or the one who formerly coached it?)

All the ridiculous, over the top things said about this team and you're upset because he said that? He's human just like the rest of us, not an android robot. He's been taking everything in stride, never cursing people out like he could have. Nothing was said about the class he showed there for years. Now all of a sudden he's a bad guy for telling reporters to gtfo?

This guy could literally be pastor, heart surgeon, miracle worker, and basketball player all at the same time. People will still find things to criticize him about. It's laughable and so transparent. Get over it.

Please....gtfoh..

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Perspective is not something anyone wants to have if they dislike this team. The last three years prove that. Logic flew out the window a long time ago.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Case in point. I remember when he said that. The noise around LeBron is so loud that anything positive is swallowed into a black hole. The detractors really wouldn't like me if I was LeBron. I'd tell all of you to eat my ass. :lol:

I guess it just comes down to me liking my athletes a lite bit classier than that. The best get criticized, tune them out and stay humble.

The members that don't like Lebron have their reasons and that is cool. Like I said before i never liked the guy in Cleveland.

Let's say a few years back Peyton would have come here after dicking four teams around and getting ALL the media coverage 24/7 for months to selfishly get his 100 million dollar paycheck and a chance for a few more titles. ( way worst than the one hour show if you ask me )
Let's say he led us to 3 straight superbowls winning two.
All Dolphin fans would worship him much like Lebron is worshiped by Heat fans today:idk:

Two 100 million athletes pursuing money and titles showboating along the way.
I don't have to love LBJ but as long as he powers my team to glory he's my dog whether he's a Dolphin fan or not.

Haters gonna hate

Screenshot20130620at110831PM_originalpng-1.jpg

Lots of mad and lots of envy around here now.

I think that we can all agree that we hope that very soon the Dolphins can catch the Heat in championships by the city of Miami professional franchises.

You'd just as easily feel the same had James decided to sign with the Lakers, Knicks, Clippers, or some other team where they'd make a "Dream Team". The city of Miami is lucky James and Bosh went there. It very easily could've been very different for you all.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Haters gonna hate

Screenshot20130620at110831PM_originalpng-1.jpg

Maybe now you'll stop saying the Heat are ******* who don't deserve to win.

You'd just as easily feel the same had James decided to sign with the Lakers, Knicks, Clippers, or some other team where they'd make a "Dream Team". The city of Miami is lucky James and Bosh went there. It very easily could've been very different for you all.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

What can I say, I'm worse then a chick on her time of the month. You have no idea how much stress was lifted off my shoulders when the clock hit 0:00.

Not trying to be funny or anything but I feel for you though, I know your a hardcore Spurs fan (remember seeing your tattoo, I have a Heat one) and it sucks to loose. Especially the Finals. 2011 was a huge punch in the gut and to this day, I have not let it go.

And you'd love LeBron if he went to the Spurs instead of Miami, would Heat fans love LeBron somewhere else? probably not, but there would hopefully still be respect for his abilities, We'd be ****ting our pants in glee if Tom Brady came to the Phins in his prime, it's the nature of sports.

Doubt it, but it's nice to dream :chuckle: However I'm beyond thrilled at what the Heat have accomplished, 3 straight Finals, back to back champions, if we don't 3-peat and LeBron does leave elsewhere after that season i'd be disappointed but Hell i'm grateful and consider this Big 3 worth it, at least in my opinion. :brewskis:

Lebron is a Cowboys fan...and a Buckeyes fan. That doesn't mean he doesn't support the Miami teams. He went to a UM basketball game, and last year I went to the UM-FSU game and they showed him and Wade on the big screen. Wade is a Bears fan, but he has been to some Dolphins game. These guys don't have to change their favorite childhood teams because they play in a certain city. Unless its the sport you play. Don't think Wade is much of a Bulls fan anymore.

Back
Top Bottom