LeFors on the Dolphins radar | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeFors on the Dolphins radar

Fitz said:
Sorry im kind of new :tongue:
thats ok - that other thread was 3+ months old and you would have never found it anyway.

its more like me gloating, telling everyone "told you so!"

:D

Jnaledu3 said:
Blabla-bla

Saban is going to look at all the prospects he can, that way he will know who impresses him the most. Just because he looked at Lefors doesnt mean he will take him- he probably just wants to compare him to the other QBs he has already looked at.

When I went looking to buy a car last year, I looked at a Dodge. But I sure as hell did not buy it.

What kind of model would you call Brady..cheap but effective....maybe a pinto?

CrunchTime said:
LeFors is a lot shorter than 6' and is more suited to the CFL where he could become a star.If he makes it in the NFL I believe it will be only as a backup.The size issue will kill him.

Unlike E.F. Hutton....you should read more before you talk....perhaps you should take the time to research Lefors combine info....his offical stat's are 6ft 1/4 in and 208....which is appx what Brees was coming out of college. So when you state he's under 6ft....your mistaken....aren't you.

DonShula84 said:
I guess I wasnt clear enough. We are working Greene out on the 30th here is the link to Boomers thread. So is Saban still smart now that he is looking at Greene also, or is only smart when he looks at your guy?

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=71360&highlight=David+Greene

The difference between what I posted and what Boomer posted is....one is written fact and the other hearsay....when it's in offical from the Dolphins...please let me know. As far as Saban being smart....either looking at Greene or Lefors....or even Campbell...I wouldn't expect anything less...would you? Lets get one thing straight....I won't and can't say that Saban will draft anyone (of course outside of whom I may like them to draft as in a mockery draft)....all I did was post Dolphin info on a player that they had a private workout....and as I said before....if they didn't have an interest in Lefors...they wouldn't have wasted one of their private interviews on him. I find some who try to make the statement....well they probably did that to compare Rodgers or Smith to Lefors....thats strange to say the least. Saban knows Lefors...there's no doubt about that....and if he was sold on getting a QB with the 2nd pick of the draft...he wouldn't be looking at Lefors, Greene or anyone else...just common sense...he's looking for a QB that has the tools...and will come alot cheaper than the 1st round....thats so obvious now.

Crunch, look up the heights of Vick and Brees, both Pro Bowl QBs. LeFors is right there in size with those two. I realise he doesn't have the protypical size the scouts and GMs prefer but I think this kid has the it factor and he's a winner. As I've said for quite a while, if given a chance he will surprise some people IMO. I just hope he isn't the second coming of Cade McKnown. He's very bright so maybe he'll be a fine QB in the NFL.

Taken from next level scouting's website;

LOUISVILLE (March 10th) senior defensive lineman BOBBY LEFFEW (#48) ran between 4.82 and 4.85 in the 40.. weighed in at 6040, 295 pounds... capable of being a 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE... tweaked his hamstring, so he will be working out again on March 25th... senior cornerback ANTOINE HARRIS (#25) ran between 4.47 and 4.49 in the 40... 4.01 short shuttle... 6.90 three-cone... 36" vertical... 10'0" broad jump... weighed in at 5100, 194 pounds... senior quarterback STEFAN LEFORS has had private workouts with Miami and Seattle... also drew a lot of interest from Washington at his Pro Day.

texasPHINSfan said:
i also noted that scott linehan coached lefors at louisville (might even had something to do with bringing him there if i'm not mistaken).

you are correct....Linehan recruited LeFors in 99 (his first year as Louisville O.C.)as a senior in H.S., and Stefan's first year was 2000, but redshirted

The current coach (Petrino) was told by Linehan as he was going out that he better keep an eye on Lefors bc "the kid is amazing"

Our offense will be about the same as what Louisville played last year ( number 1 offense in the country) so if anything Lefors may be a guy who can at the least be a capable backup. Which cant be understated....just ask Ray Lucas :tongue:

He missed breaking Donavan Mcnabbs NCAA record QB rating by like a 10th of a point. I really like him and hope we bring him in. BTW the other guys from Louisville we drafted didnt do so bad either :) Mark Clayton/Sam Madison.:D

If LeFors was 6' 4" he would be a top 10 pick. He's 6' , but a gamer. IF the Fins move down and get a boat load of picks , this guy is one that I would want.

fishypete said:
Unlike E.F. Hutton....you should read more before you talk....perhaps you should take the time to research Lefors combine info....his offical stat's are 6ft 1/4 in and 208....which is appx what Brees was coming out of college. So when you state he's under 6ft....your mistaken....aren't you.

I stand corrected.I didnt know about the combine sizes.You cant believe the college bios which was the basis of my comment.Yes 6'is not prototype size but could be acceptable in the NFL.He is a gamer.

Back
Top Bottom