LeFors on the Dolphins radar | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeFors on the Dolphins radar

LeFors is one of the QB in colage football that can lead his team into any big game and win. I'm surprised his name is just now coming up now.

superphinfan said:
LeFors is one of the QB in colage football that can lead his team into any big game and win. I'm surprised his name is just now coming up now.

He was discussed to death awhile back

I live in Louisville and attend all the games. LeFors would be a great addition to the team. I would love for him to play for the Dolphins. You would think he couldn't make it because of his size, but he has all the intangibles to be an NFL player.

i looked up Lefors stats. He is 6 feet tall, that isnt too small.

But he had like 3 INTs all season, which is amazing. He also seems to be pretty good at running, so he could be like a good passer AND running QB.

But ya know, the last QB that came out of Louisville (Dave Ragone) was good in college, but kinda sucks in the NFL.

Pete, I think you and I were about the only ones that liked Stefan LeFors and now he's invited for a private workout. It's cool that Saban and staff have a sincere interest in testing him in person. We might go QB with our #2 pick so we'll see what happens.

For some reason a 6' tall QB with an average to below average arm does not seem to me like the quintessential "Linehan" signal caller. I love gamers like LeFors, but I don't think he can be a player in this league. Although no where near as mobile as LeFors, the Dolphins took a shot on a very accurate passer--and a pure gamer--a few years back, Josh Huepel. Yeah, you remember him?

ItalianDolFan said:

But he had like 3 INTs all season, which is amazing. He also seems to be pretty good at running, so he could be like a good passer AND running QB.

But ya know, the last QB that came out of Louisville (Dave Ragone) was good in college, but kinda sucks in the NFL.

LeFors is an outstanding scrambler, but will really have to work if he wants to be a great NFL player

as to Ragone, kinda sucks? he's never had a chance....he's been stuck behind Carr, who's started 43 of his 44 games

Dudeman said:
LeFors is an outstanding scrambler, but will really have to work if he wants to be a great NFL player

as to Ragone, kinda sucks? he's never had a chance....he's been stuck behind Carr, who's started 43 of his 44 games

Dave Ragone played a few quarters in one of the Texans game, and he was like 3 for 12 with 3 INTs. I think Ragone is in NFL Europe now.

ItalianDolFan said:

Johnny U came out of Lousiville too.

I live in Louisville and have watched about every game Lefors played here. Hes a gamer. Hes about the same size as Drew Brees or Jeff Garcia. He also 4 pounds heavier than Joe Montana was when he was a rookie.

As far as Saban giving him a look as a courtesy thats a crock.....LSU wouldnt even look at his tape from high school. Lousiville was the only school to offer him a scholorship. Hes got amazing mobility and can make things happen on the run or in the pocket. He plays bigger than his size. Hes also very bright. His entire family is deaf. Hes just got a lot of character and the fans in town really love the kid.

The freshman Lousiville has is Brian Brohm. His brother played for SF and TB. He should be pretty good and in 3 years a 1st rounder for sure if he plays like he did this year.

The guy from Louisville that I hope we get is Eric Shelton who is a beast of a RB.

Roman529 said:
One thing you guys have not mentioned......Stephen LeFors is from Baton Rouge, Lousiana, which just happens to be the town where Saban coached LSU...the workout might have just been a courtesy thing to LeFors out of respect for him as a person? I believe LeFors went to Evangel Christian HS which always has one of the top 3 high school football teams in the country.
I think LeFors is worth a shot...he has great leadership skills and character...they did a show on him and he is the only person in his family who is NOT deaf, so he obviously has to be a great communicator, and he just sounds like a high quiality person. I saw some of Louisville's games, he is not that tall but very accurate just like Rodgers, and has good mobility...his arm strength is ok but not great.

old news...

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=63333&highlight=lefors+uni

i brought up this whole topic months ago and was flamed off my a$$ for suggesting it. on top of being from baton rouge, lefors was passed over by saban once before, i noted he may not pass over him again.

i also noted that scott linehan coached lefors at louisville (might even had something to do with bringing him there if i'm not mistaken).

there are just too many connections between lefors and our coaching staff to ignore that.

on the other hand, this workout could have been a favor because our coaching staff knows him.

in either case, i don't care if he's short - if he can put up those kind of stats, he can't be THAT bad... great later-round pickup, and a steal as an UFA.

fishypete said:
Dolphins | Looking at LeFors
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:27:43 -0800

Louisville QB Stefan LeFors had a private work out for the Miami Dolphins.

Hmmm...hey Keith....how bout them apples? :)

Maybe Saban is smarter than I thought.
sorry if someone already mention this but this guys whole family is deaf....is that ridicoulus or what

silverloop13 said:
The freshman Lousiville has is Brian Brohm. His brother played for SF and TB.

not to mention the Orlando Rage!

XFL BABY!

shame too, because the Rage had some of the coolest uniforms EVER in a sports league

Back
Top Bottom