Left Tackle-no Dixon | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Left Tackle-no Dixon

Originally posted by ZOD
Hang on..

I guess I was sleep typing..

Got to read it now...

Sorry to cross post but...

Last season, the Dolphins’ offensive line paved the way for a running game which was first in the AFC and second in the NFL, averaging 156.4 yards per contest. The unit also allowed only 25 sacks, fourth-fewest in the AFC and seventh in the NFL.

In 2001, the Dolphins’ offensive line allowed just 27 sacks, tied for fifth-fewest in the NFL.

Over the last two years combined, the Dolphins have permitted only 52 sacks, the third lowest total in the AFC and fifth in the NFL.

I see thats a HUGE problem..... Lets sell the ranch to get 5 spots higher. There are your numbers, so why continue to harp?

This is not a new harp... I've been harping tirelessly on this forum since I joined (much to the shagrin of others) and others since, well.....since it seems the beginning of time. :lol:

As I have said before. The sack numbers-Misleading. Jay knows how much time he has. Ray didn't. Count the sacks.

Jay is now accepted by the fans because he throws few interceptions and makes few mistakes. Nothing "sexy" about that. Most would clamour for Jake Plummer or the newest free agent next year. I suspect even you think that Griese will take over the reigns next year.

So why is that. Ray failed in real time during the season. Ray succeeded in preseason. Why is that?

Is it the speed of the game?
What speed?
The speed of the corners covering the receivers?

Or is it the speed at which that pocket collapses?

Our defense getting susposedly slower doesnt matter. Our defense has never been a "speed" defense. Those who say it has obviously arent looking. It depends a whole lot more on instinct and players knowing where they should be and what they should be doing more then speed. Who is fast on our defense? Our speed rushing DE's? Who else?

I've been watching Knight. His lack of speed definately does not jump out at you. I wouldnt even notice it if people didnt say too much about it. He's no slower then Marion. I did, however, notice him hitting a guy in the TB game and forcing him to fumble.

Seau's speed is again overplayed. He got burned on one play in which it wasnt a physical ability question, it was a result of him being still new to our defense.

"Our defense getting susposedly slower doesnt matter. Our defense has never been a "speed" defense. Those who say it has obviously arent looking. "

I guess when Jimmy Johnson built the defense he didn't know what he had. Because he said it.

Originally posted by ZOD
"Our defense getting susposedly slower doesnt matter. Our defense has never been a "speed" defense. Those who say it has obviously arent looking. "

I guess when Jimmy Johnson built the defense he didn't know what he had. Because he said it.

to me, speed doesnt have much to do with it. It is weather we attack or not. now we have a safety who attacks to the football. seau attacks the line of scrimmage, thats what we need more of. instead of seeing our linemen sitting back a yard off the ball all the time! we have a DT in zgonina who is an attacking style DT. i believe we are really changing the scheme around finally. no more sitting back and play "just beat our talent".

Originally posted by ZOD
This is not a new harp... I've been harping tirelessly on this forum since I joined (much to the shagrin of others) and others since, well.....since it seems the beginning of time. :lol:

As I have said before. The sack numbers-Misleading. Jay knows how much time he has. Ray didn't. Count the sacks.

Jay is now accepted by the fans because he throws few interceptions and makes few mistakes. Nothing "sexy" about that. Most would clamour for Jake Plummer or the newest free agent next year. I suspect even you think that Griese will take over the reigns next year.

So why is that. Ray failed in real time during the season. Ray succeeded in preseason. Why is that?

Is it the speed of the game?
What speed?
The speed of the corners covering the receivers?

Or is it the speed at which that pocket collapses?

LOL, I have no clue how you can BASH an offensive line, and I give you stats to prove your theory wrong, then you say those numbers are Misleading. I give you numbers that prove you wrong, that shows the offensive line has done its job the last two years.... Misleading, no, facts, yes. I guess there is no way to change your mind.

Jay accepted by the fans? Since when, still want to see a board, a newsgroup or anything that the majority supports Jay.

Then you want to count the sacks between two different qb's.... Whats the numbers? Glad you asked... being that they are huge...

Jay in 10 games - 13 sacks
Ray in 7 games (He started 6)- 12 sacks

I don't get your point... honestly... Farve was sacked 27 times last year. Is it the speed of the game? Vick sacked 33 times in 15 games. If Ray would keep up through 14 games, projecting the numbers would be LESS then Vick AND Farve.

Again, you are just jumping from one "maybe this is the reason" to the next.... bring something concrete instead of "the line stinks" but the sacks mean nothing, although you did ask for the sack totals.

Boy I bet you wish you had Atlanta's line huh? ROFL

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ZOD

Is Jimmy still the coach of the Dolphins?

Oh nevermind, that was 4 years ago....

How can you say LT and WR were need positions. We won't overspend on a WR who will not be getting the ball that much. And what's wrong with Dixon at LT....he didn't lose any games for us last year....our SS and OLBs did though.

Back
Top Bottom