Left Tackle-no Dixon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Left Tackle-no Dixon

Wade Smith is too young to step in and start at LT. We have to bring someone in now. That someone may have to be Richmond Webb although he is out of shape.

Originally posted by Sherif

Wannstedt while watching the post season games and SB realized WR as a need. As for not addressing LT that may be the move that losses Wanny his job.

I can blame Wanny for plenty of things, but not lack of effort on this one. The 1st tier LT options weren't even full time LT's for the most part, and were overpriced even there. Wanny can only work with what's available, and a decent LT option just wasn't available.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Wade Smith is too young to step in and start at LT. We have to bring someone in now. That someone may have to be Richmond Webb although he is out of shape.

Why is he too young? Was Randy M too young to start at TE? Are you afraid we are going to lose some preseason games because of a rookie LT?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by fairbanksb

Why is he too young? Was Randy M too young to start at TE? Are you afraid we are going to lose some preseason games because of a rookie LT?

Man some people are spoiled. Randy was a surprise AND he fell off at the end of the season. You can't EXPECT a 3rd round pick to start, and you REALLY can't expect to start him in week one. Take a look at Houston for a preview of what we might have with a 3rd round rookie LT.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Man some people are spoiled. Randy was a surprise AND he fell off at the end of the season. You can't EXPECT a 3rd round pick to start, and you REALLY can't expect to start him in week one. Take a look at Houston for a preview of what we might have with a 3rd round rookie LT.

I'm not spoiled and yes I can expect a third round pick to start. Third round picks are expected to be one of the top 100 college players in the nation. Everyone is acting like Dixon is lost for the season. If we lose to Houston it's not going to be because we have a rookie left tackle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I copied this from another thread where I had it posted, but it seems more relevant here:

As much as I despise thinking this way, it (today's walk through practice) may be a preventive maintenance move so noone else is lost for the season. Perhaps the rest of training camp should be a walk through. Now that's a little ridiculous, but you know they say things like this usually happen in three's (Perry, Moore and ???Dixon???). I sure hope it's not Dixon as I would hate for Fiedler's blind spot to be patrolled by an undersized rookie with only one year of left tackle experience. I've got a sneaking suspicion that he'll gain more experience in the next week than he's had up to this point in his football career. I bring this up because of the stress fracture discovered in Dixon's MRI which was subsequently addressed surgically. I'm no doctor nor do I play one on TV, but it seems to me that stress fractures are notoriously slow healing and can easily flare up if not allowed to sufficiently heal. I don't think Dixon will be out for months, but my fear is he'll try to come back too soon and this thing will nag him, thus robbing him of power and explosion, all season long. Let's hope I'm wrong.

The Sky is falling! The Sky is falling! Get a grip People.:eek:

We are in week 1 of the preseason. The only loss we have had is losing Moore for the year. All other injuries are 2-4 weeks max. :whew:

I say let W. Smith have his run in the PRESEASON. This will give him playing time against Quality DE. Hopefully He'll do a good job and if not bring in a Vet at LT. I think its a good move not to bring in a Vet right away. Hold Wades feet to the fire and see what happens. Building this kids confidence will pay more divideds in the end.:up:

We are still the team to beat in the AFC. Stop with the Doom and Gloom! :sosad:

Did you know? Brent Smith, Marcus Spriggs and Spencer Folau are all starters on other teams? How is that possible maybe the expectations are just a little to high around here!

We'll be fine, the front office tried and lost out on Gandy, who got huge money w/ the Saints, traded for a tackle that failed a physical, and is now hurting in seattle, drafted a LT w/ one our top picks in the draft............I don't see this as not trying. Wade Smith is gonna have to use that althletic abililty to compensate. I'd rather have Spriggs or Folau than Richmond Webb at this point. Webb is old, out of shape, and injury prone. Speaking of injury prone maybe Brent Smith gets cut by the Jets...That is if he has not blown out something already...................j/k

None of them are starting. Spriggs is a second teamer at the Pack, Smith is the same with the Jets and so is Falou.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
Maybe a heavy Webb is still better than a light 330 unknown released OT.

I don't want to see another Spencer Folau or Marcus Spriggs at the LT spot. Lamar Smith wasn't able to run with those guys and Williams will have the same problem because he needs to let the play developps before going full speed. If there is always someone in the backfield, he's not an elusive runner to make 1-2 moves to get free. And he will take an heavy pounding...

Williams isn't elusive? Hmm..

Anyway, we need to fix this NOW.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Well, nobody thought a 4th round pick (McM) would do what he did.

Back
Top Bottom