Legedu Naanee - Good enough to be solid No.1? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Legedu Naanee - Good enough to be solid No.1?

Can't believe this is even a question.

Well He is listed as one of the One's on the depth chart and Hartline has been hurt all camp so he appears to have a good chance to be one of the Ones at the start of the season.

are you saying CK that while he might be a One at the start of the season, he doesn't have what it takes to be good. Or do you think he will be supplanted by Hartline or someone else.

Well He is listed as one of the One's on the depth chart and Hartline has been hurt all camp so he appears to have a good chance to be one of the Ones at the start of the season.

are you saying CK that while he might be a One at the start of the season, he doesn't have what it takes to be good. Or do you think he will be supplanted by Hartline or someone else.

more or less what he is saying is that he is good enough to be a #2 #3 or #4 wr and as it stands right now he is one of the best that we have on the team ava. and the depth chart isnt legit yet , that it will change prob 2-3 more times before the season starts.

Lol nanee and solid number one in same sentence. he shouldnt even be a starter much less a number one. Look in dictionairy under mediocre and his picture is there

Yea, but for all we know that isnt too much more than other guys. You gotta remember its Omar whos counting the Naanee drops and he has agendas. How do we know that 9 drops for the amount of reps he is getting is not fairly close to an average number for not just our own receivers but, others in the NFL. Im not saying its a good thing, he should definately catch the ball, but its Omar.

Fact is, Omar probably started counting because the first few drops were David Garrard passes and after it got up to a few he made it a point to keep track.

Omar questions anyone who dosent go all out to grab Garrards balls.

IDK, bro ...

I'll freely admit that I have no stats to back this up, but NINE drops thus far into camp seems less than good (to say the least) for a potential starter. :idk:

there's nothing close to a #1 worthy guy on this roster...
This sucks but looks to be true. I hope someone breaks out. I doubt an acorn worthy of being a #1 will just fall out of a tree at this point even with cuts looming around the league noone being cut should be 1 caliber.

He's going to have to stick as a #1. He's about all we have for now. His ability to block is a huge plus and likely the biggest reason he holds that spot down. Gotta have him in there on non-obvious passing downs for sure.

I think he and Hartline start with Bess in his role as ace slot man. Then we will see which 3 of the kids stick around.

I'd agree with this, and next draft I expect the WR position to be one of a few top priorities.

naanees production is gonna be dictated by how the coverage plays him...probably catch a slant route here and there where he can get his big body b/t the ball and the defender...not expecting much frankly

IDK, bro ...

I'll freely admit that I have no stats to back this up, but NINE drops thus far into camp seems less than good (to say the least) for a potential starter. :idk:

I couldn't disagree more. They are running 130 snaps per day and they are in day 14/15, and you think 9 is a big number?? I would be willing to bet that only Bess and maybe one, two at the most of the WRs have less (not counting Hartline who is injured). Chad came to camp late and had 5 when Naanee still had 4, and I KNOW Chad ended up with more than 9.

But to answer the OP, no IMO he will not be a solid #1. He was a pretty solid #2, maybe not solid, but not terrible. Like many have said he is a very solid #4, and a great guy to have on the team, but if we are expecting him to become a playmaker, he will never be THAT.

I am still looking for BJ to start putting it together. I think he can be a pretty solid player, and I would also like to know why 7/11 isn't catching the coaches eye enough to get a shot with the starters. But lets all be patient, and see how it pans out this week in Charlotte.

In San Diego he didn't get a lot of looks with the likes of Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd, and Antonio Gates. So you could KINDA understand if he was overlooked a bit. That said, he was still very inconsistent at times.

Last year, there was really no excuse for him not to shine, though, in Carolina. He had pretty good Cam Newton to work with and not a lot of other receivers to take the opportunities away...other than Steve Smith.

Maybe in this offense, without a true solid number one receiver (such as Vincent Jackson or Steve Smith) he finally gets his opportunity to shine for once. I'm not saying he's gonna be anywhere near those guys, but maybe he'll bust out for at least 60-70 catches and 800-900 yards. Optimistic, I know, but he'll have a lot of chances in this fast pace offense and without a true number one threat. One thing's for sure, he's gotta cut down on the drops. Sherman will DEFINITELY get on his ass about that. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom