Leinhart failed with 8 seconds left | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leinhart failed with 8 seconds left

PressCoverage

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
he had a great game...

but, the clock in his head should have told him to throw for a short sideline completion, and, at worst, allow for a 60 yard FG attempt...

instead, he hesitated and sapped the entire clock...

PressCoverage said:
he had a great game...

but, the clock in his head should have told him to throw for a short sideline completion, and, at worst, allow for a 60 yard FG attempt...

instead, he hesitated and sapped the entire clock...

yup, your right, cause he didnt have to run to escape pressure, THEN look down field, find the open WR and hit him on the run.

he had to go 30 yards or so with 8 seconds left, and no timeouts. :shakeno:

and not only that but instead of at least throwing it into/near the endzone he threw it out of bounds........

Nappy Roots said:
yup, your right, cause he didnt have to run to escape pressure, THEN look down field, find the open WR and hit him on the run.

he had to go 30 yards or so with 8 seconds left, and no timeouts. :shakeno:

he has to get the ball out of there, regardless of the pressure... it's a 3 step drop and fire... the kick attempt was crucial, even if it had to be 60 yards... not a medium pass to the sideline, released with 2 seconds left...

Alex22 said:
and not only that but instead of at least throwing it into/near the endzone he threw it out of bounds........

Yo you are starting to sound like a hater.

i'm not a leinart fan by any stretch, but this is totally unfair. first of all, he doesnt have the arm, imo, to throw a 30 yard strike down at the sideline.

second, the usc D took a terrible final timeout on texas' 2 point conversion. completely stupid.

who cares? let them convert it if it means you have a chance to stop the clock and set up a FG. taking the TO pretty much eliminated the possibly of a FG. they had to score a TD in two plays

PressCoverage said:
he has to get the ball out of there, regardless of the pressure... it's a 3 step drop and fire... the kick attempt was crucial, even if it had to be 60 yards... not a medium pass to the sideline, released with 2 seconds left...

so you wanted him for throw a 5 or 10 yard pass then?

they need 20. what good would that of did.

anyways, thats not on the QB. if the coaches wanted to called a 5-10 yard pass, they would of called for a 3 step drop.

Maynard said:
he doesnt have the arm, imo, to throw a 30 yard strike down at the sideline.

you must of missed some of the game, cause he showed that he has a good arm.

Nappy Roots said:
you must of missed some of the game, cause he showed that he has a good arm.

a 30 yard strike to sideline? not a chance from what i have seen. his best throws were between the hashes at about 20 yards.

wazzy said:
Yo you are starting to sound like a hater.

That was the least hateful thing ive said so far about him I think :confused:

I was just trying to point out the fact you at least have to put it up and give your guys a shot

Maynard said:
a 30 yard strike to sideline? not a chance from what i have seen. his best throws were between the hashes at about 20 yards.

kast posted a video already of him throwing a 25 yard strike from the pocket, to just outside the left has mark.

Alex22 said:

there was no reason for him to throw towards the endzone

Nappy Roots said:
kast posted a video already of him throwing a 25 yard strike from the pocket, to just outside the left has mark.

that was a nice toss. i think he made another similar to it a bit shorter. thats about 2 out the 45 or whatever he threw.

if he threw it to the 25 at the sideline, thats about another 15 yards. i doubt he makes that throw with any regularity. just the way i see it

Nappy Roots said:
there was no reason for him to throw towards the endzone

Yeah down by 3 with the clock running out, near midfield I sure hate my QB actually giving my team a chance to win, :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom