Leinhart failed with 8 seconds left | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leinhart failed with 8 seconds left

really? tell me then... with 8 seconds left, and a chance at a 60-yard attempt from where they stood... what was the proper play? thrill me...

PressCoverage said:
really? tell me then... with 8 seconds left, and a chance at a 60-yard attempt from where they stood... what was the proper play? thrill me...

why dont you trill me and tell me who called that play.

has nothing to do with Leinart? he didnt call the play.

so, angry guy, you're suggesting the play called for a full 8-second elapse? you feel Leinart believed he had time to scramble far to his left?

PressCoverage said:
so, angry guy, you're suggesting the play called for a full 8-second elapse? you feel Leinart believed he had time to scramble far to his left?

he did have time, had he gotten rid of the ball 1 second eariler he would of had time left.

i guess you would like for him to take a sack instead of trying to keep the play alive and roll out?

i just dont understand what you expected him to do? did you think he was superman?

i mean, you've already said:

"at least they had a better chance with the FG"

he eliminated any chance at the field goal... that's the whole point... you either throw quick and short to the sideline, or you bomb it for the end zone... you don't d*** around and hope your 25-yard pass beats the clock out of bounds after you've already left the pocket and drained 6 seconds

PressCoverage said:
i mean, you've already said:

"at least they had a better chance with the FG"

he eliminated any chance at the field goal... that's the whole point... you either throw quick and short to the sideline, or you bomb it for the end zone... you don't d*** around and hope your 25-yard pass beats the clock out of bounds after you've already left the pocket and drained 6 seconds

you think theyd try for a 61 yard FG? they would of thrown the ball to the endzone anyways had leinart thrown it away before the clock ran out.

Nappy Roots said:
you think theyd try for a 61 yard FG? they would of thrown the ball to the endzone anyways had leinart thrown it away before the clock ran out.

of which he didn't...

Nappy Roots said:
again.....wtf would you like him to do?

exactly, you have no argument.

you lost.

ah, i see... so because you say it's so... it must be so... :lol: ... here, i'll present my argument... read it slowly:

look, i'm quite sure the USC play that was called was not designed to take 8 seconds... "wtf" i would have liked him to do, had i given a chit about him or USC, would be to count in his head 8, 7, 6, 5, ... and either:

1) release sooner and attempt to hit a receiver 10-15 yards down field at the sideline...
2) release sooner, and throw the ball away for a final hail mary or long FG attempt
or 3) realize "well" i've already wasted 6 seconds" and heave it for the endzone...

PressCoverage said:
ah, i see... so because you say it's so... it must be so... :lol: ... here, i'll present my argument... read it slowly:

look, i'm quite sure the USC play that was called was not designed to take 8 seconds... "wtf" i would have liked him to do, had i given a chit about him or USC, would be to count in his head 8, 7, 6, 5, ... and either:

1) release sooner and attempt to hit a receiver 10-15 yards down field at the sideline...
2) release sooner, and throw the ball away for a final hail mary or long FG attempt
or 3) realize "well" i've already wasted 6 seconds" and heave it for the endzone...

how could he release sooner when he was fixing to get sacked and had to roll out?

Ball at the 50, 8 seconds and no timeouts....and he did'nt win the game for them...he's a failure.

That could be the most rediculous thing I've ever heard in my life.

"He should have run out of bounds so they had a shot at a 60 yard field goal". When was the last time a college kicker made a 60 yard field goal?! Do you honestly think USC would have kicked a field goal if they had a second or two left on the clock?

young isnt going to be as good in the nfl as leinart

look at pocket qb's
peyton manning
tom brady
carson palmer
hasselback
roethlisberger

scrambling qb's
mike vick
aaron brooks

those 2 rely on their running to much which reminds me of young

now tell me which one of those groups is more succesfull

unifiedtheory said:
Ball at the 50, 8 seconds and no timeouts....and he did'nt win the game for them...he's a failure.

That could be the most rediculous thing I've ever heard in my life.

"He should have run out of bounds so they had a shot at a 60 yard field goal". When was the last time a college kicker made a 60 yard field goal?! Do you honestly think USC would have kicked a field goal if they had a second or two left on the clock?

I don't think that was the argument. He is trying to say the decision he made is the worst possible one in the circumstance. Regardless of success or not, he could have increased his odds by doing almost anything else but heaving a slow pass outta the endzone after leaving the pocket and wasting time.

And no, they would not have kicked a field goal, but with Leinarts "golden arm" like some make it out to be, and those tall physical recievers, a hail mary wasn't out of the question. Personally I take a short screen to Reggie Bush and let him show some of his stuff off in the open field.

Final word, I think bad clock management by Carroll really striped them of a comeback opportunity by wasting that time out. But in respect to PressCoverage, Leinart didn't help their cause with his final play.

Back
Top Bottom