Leinhart failed with 8 seconds left | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leinhart failed with 8 seconds left

Alex22 said:
Yeah down by 3 with the clock running out, near midfield I sure hate my QB actually giving my team a chance to win, :rolleyes:

he was under a lot of pressure and had to move out of the pocket. he had no time to set is feet.

i would liked to see him toss it to the endzone to see what kind of throw he could muster

i dunno whats up with leinart the last 3 games i saw he was high on all his throws, also accuracy one of his trademarks has been missing, what do you guys think will vince young come out or stay another year ?

wow, now THIS is a funny thread. way to blow any reputation you may have had presscoverage

Alex22 said:
Yeah down by 3 with the clock running out, near midfield I sure hate my QB actually giving my team a chance to win, :rolleyes:

yea because they guy is going to be able to get the ball 55 yards in the air without setting his feet and rolling to the left ? :sidelol:

he had 8 seconds, had he gotten rid of the ball 1 second earlier he would of had 1 second left to try for a FG or throw a shorter one up in the endzone.

i would rather take the chance of the clock running out on me then throwing the ball up in the endzone. at least they had a better chance with the FG.

you want someone to blame... wtf were they doing calling their last time out on the PAT, seriously... use it to stop the clock, not to get a different defense in on a 2 PT conversion... Matt couldve made a short throw and then called a time out, as it was he ran out of time and had to go the whole way.

kastofsna120 said:
that timeout was completely inexcusable. unbelievable

Even though it got my guys the win. I COMPLETELY agree. When they used a TO I was like "WTF!? are you SERIOUS? WHY!?" Honestly, it would have done NOTHING, let em get the 2 points, then you just need a FG to tie, don't WASTE the only FG you have.

it's not like it was the difference between a 3 and 4 point lead... it was the difference between a FG winning or tie-ing the game.

absolutely shocking call...

btw, for what it's worth, I think the last 4th down call was a good one, but for Michael Huff being on the floor and LenDale White diving into him rather than a foot either side, SC would be national champs.

Agent51 said:
Even though it got my guys the win. I COMPLETELY agree. When they used a TO I was like "WTF!? are you SERIOUS? WHY!?" Honestly, it would have done NOTHING, let em get the 2 points, then you just need a FG to tie, don't WASTE the only FG you have.
I'm a 'Canes fan... but just love watching college football, and was rooting for the 'Horns last nite... but I had to laugh at the call... it was really dumb. I noticed it came from the field, did Carroll call it?

dominizzo said:
Guys its spelled Leinart not linehart or leinhart
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :lol: :lol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :lol:

Please tell me someone else sees the humor in this?

finsnchips said:
you want someone to blame... wtf were they doing calling their last time out on the PAT, seriously... use it to stop the clock, not to get a different defense in on a 2 PT conversion... Matt couldve made a short throw and then called a time out, as it was he ran out of time and had to go the whole way.

excellent point. Especially a guy like Carroll who is a seasoned vet and knows what he is doing. I couldnt believe that either.

Did you see Pete when the reporter asked him that immediately after the game. He kinda sucked his mouth back in and made a funny look because he knew that was a stupid play and would have allowed USC to maybe have another play at the end of the game.

That timeout would have allowed USC to go deep down the middle of the field and get them into field goal range. Instead they were forced to the sidelines and Texas only had to defend the ball deep. Texas was giving them the middle of the field knowing that they couldnt throw there. That timeout changes the way those last 19 seconds were called.

Philter25 said:
excellent point. Especially a guy like Carroll who is a seasoned vet and knows what he is doing. I couldnt believe that either.

Did you see Pete when the reporter asked him that immediately after the game. He kinda sucked his mouth back in and made a funny look because he knew that was a stupid play and would have allowed USC to maybe have another play at the end of the game.

That timeout would have allowed USC to go deep down the middle of the field and get them into field goal range. Instead they were forced to the sidelines and Texas only had to defend the ball deep. Texas was giving them the middle of the field knowing that they couldnt throw there. That timeout changes the way those last 19 seconds were called.

There were a couple of calls that shocked me from Pete. I know he is a great coach that prepares extremely well and there were a few that I was like "did he seriously just call that?" Off the top of my head the other example would be going for it on 4th down at the end. I KNOW the 1st would have sealed the game and that White had been effective pretty much the whole time, but if they punted it Texas would have been backed WAY up and the stop they got to make it 4th and 5 that Vince ran in for the game-winner on would have been WAY out of range for that to happen.

PressCoverage said:
he had a great game...

but, the clock in his head should have told him to throw for a short sideline completion, and, at worst, allow for a 60 yard FG attempt...

instead, he hesitated and sapped the entire clock...

And thats the difference between Leinart and a player like Young.

Back
Top Bottom