Lemons 65.7 QB rating not enough to get by the Colts 20 th ranked defense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lemons 65.7 QB rating not enough to get by the Colts 20 th ranked defense

Silentobserver

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Man, who would have thunk 5 field goals and a late TD against the prevent defense wouldn't have been enough against the Colts. I can't believe it. What are your thoughts?

adamprez2003

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I think thats because every team that doesnt play in Miami doesnt bother with the pass

flip

Starter
Reaction score
Man, who would have thunk 5 field goals and a late TD against the prevent defense wouldn't have been enough against the Colts. I can't believe it. What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are lemonade still sucks Joey is Better and if it wasnt for a wide open Randy in the middle he wouldnt have the td he also had great field position most of the day too

Superself

If you want to, we can supply you.
Club Member
Reaction score
My thoughts are lemonade still sucks Joey is Better and if it wasnt for a wide open Randy in the middle he wouldnt have the td he also had great field position most of the day too

I think that if you knew how ridiculous you sound here, you wouldn't post such foolishness.

Randy was wide open...:rolleyes2

Exactly how did Lemon suck? You seem to be pissed he actually got a TD pass.

Marino420TD

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I don't think he played great, BUT he did lead us on 6 scoring drives. I think that's pretty good. One bad decision cost us 3 points, BUT the coaches could have kneeled down and that would never have happened.

If we have any kind of playmaker on offense, or maybe better playcalling in the red zone, we could have won.

Imagine, if we had 3 TD's and 3 FG's, we would be at 30points. 4 TD's and 2 FG's and we are at 34points.

He did a good job challenging the Colts downfield without throwing a bunch of pics. He made some plays on 3rd down, and we moved the ball much better than the last 3 or 4 weeks. That is also important. I'm glad to see that he didn't complete 20 3 yd passes to keep from throwing an INT.

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
We have to get TD's in the red zone...there is no excuse for being forced to kick 5 fg's.....I know we kicked it to remain within one score of the Colts, but sooner or later Manning was going to connect with Harrison for a TD.

On the plus side, Lemon looked good in his first start, minus the INT. I never even got to see his INT as I went to use the rest room. I jinxed him. :rolleyes:

adamprez2003

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
We have to get TD's in the red zone...there is no excuse for being forced to kick 5 fg's.....I know we kicked it to remain within one score of the Colts, but sooner or later Manning was going to connect with Harrison for a TD.

On the plus side, Lemon looked good in his first start, minus the INT. I never even got to see his INT as I went to use the rest room. I jinxed him. :rolleyes:

A replay of the Jacksonville interception at the end of the half

flip

Starter
Reaction score
I don't think he played great, BUT he did lead us on 6 scoring drives. I think that's pretty good. One bad decision cost us 3 points, BUT the coaches could have kneeled down and that would never have happened.

If we have any kind of playmaker on offense, or maybe better playcalling in the red zone, we could have won.

Imagine, if we had 3 TD's and 3 FG's, we would be at 30points. 4 TD's and 2 FG's and we are at 34points.

He did a good job challenging the Colts downfield without throwing a bunch of pics. He made some plays on 3rd down, and we moved the ball much better than the last 3 or 4 weeks. That is also important. I'm glad to see that he didn't complete 20 3 yd passes to keep from throwing an INT.

Lemonade didnt lead us to 6 scoring drives Ronnie did

Marino420TD

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Lemonade didnt lead us to 6 scoring drives Ronnie did

Lemon made key plays/completions to keep drives going on all but one of the FG drives and the TD drive was ALL Lemon. Again, I'm not saying we have the next Marino here, but he did lead the team on a number of scoring drives, which Joey did not do the last few games.

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
lemon put points on the board bottom line, with some playmakers we may get better and younger

JayCee

Starter
Reaction score
I think a fact that we all have to take into consideration is that while the Colts are 20th in total defense - they are ranked #2 in pass defense behind the Raiders. Ofcourse, that has to do with the fact that every opponent spends most of their game running on them, but it still doesn't take away from them having a pretty good and underrated secondary. Lemon looked pretty damn good and poised out there for his first start in an NFL game.

Top Bottom