Lemon's Contract Status | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lemon's Contract Status

No problem Celtkin....I just believe he'll be trade bait. I have to believe that the Dolphins coaches would know if he had it....far before the few games left in the season. If he was better than Harrington earlier....why wouldn't they start Lemon earlier?

Money...ill-conceived promises...seniority...hard hardheadedness. Could be nearly anything, bro.

I think so....what better way to showcase a RFA QB? I find it hard to believe that Saban would hold off using Lemon....if he felt that he was the better chance to win....6 games prior. Did Lemon all of a sudden become a far better QB...than Culpepper and Harrington?

Again...they are playing Lemon in games that are wasted....hoping that they can get some team to bite on him in the off-season...for a draft pick...thats the way I see it.

Joey hadn't scored in 6 quarters. Joey had bee doing fine up until then (at least in the previous 4-5 games.) Saban would hold off using Lemon when Joey is winning. They want to see what Lemon can do when he starts a game. That's it. I think they want to keep him.

Yes....2nd after you take away Culpepper....and 3rd again...when he would be back....but nice try....:D

When did he come back?

The fact is that Lemon has been 2nd string most off the season.

Well that is a bit narrow. You don't see how bad JH has been playing the past few weeks?
In a game where JH couldn't score, Lemon is able to drive the team downfield because he is utilizing the whole field instead of just the sidelines.
You didn't see any of that? :confused:

What's he put up 10 points so far in what, just under one game? Didnt Joey put up 10 in his first game also and against a better defense then either of the ones Cleo faced

Money...ill-conceived promises...seniority...hard hardheadedness. Could be nearly anything, bro.

So your telling me that they wouldn't play the best QB....but now they would? Come on Celtkin....no one is saying that Lemon doesn't have talent or promise....but after all this time watching him....they had him last.

I can't wait for the months to come....WOW....this is going to be great.

No problem Celtkin....I just believe he'll be trade bait. I have to believe that the Dolphins coaches would know if he had it....far before the few games left in the season. If he was better than Harrington earlier....why wouldn't they start Lemon earlier?

It is possible they made a mistake. They thought Joey was the best choice due to his experience. Instead of taking a gamble that Lemon could handle being a starter, they took the more safer route of starting Joey because of their comfort level with him.

I think Parcells did the same with Bledsoe earlier in the season, but made the switch to Romo only when his hand was forced into doing so.

So your telling me that they wouldn't play the best QB....but now they would? Come on Celtkin....no one is saying that Lemon doesn't have talent or promise....but after all this time watching him....they had him last.

I can't wait for the months to come....WOW....this is going to be great.

I can't guess what their logic is, Pete all I can say is they stuck with Harrington through 6 quarters of scoreless play. Do you believe that was our best way to win a game?

It is possible they made a mistake. They thought Joey was the best choice due to his experience. Instead of taking a gamble that Lemon could handle being a starter, they took the more safer route of starting Joey because of their comfort level with him.

I think Parcells did the same with Bledsoe earlier in the season, but made the switch to Romo only when his hand was forced into doing so.

How many of us KNEW that Bledsoe wasn't starting material....he's done...been done.

I can't guess what their logic is, Pete all I can say is they stuck with Harrington through 6 quarters of scoreless play. Do you believe that was our best way to win a game?

Again...the score was 0-0 at the time they brought in Lemon. and Again...I still believe they brought in Lemon to showcase him...in a real game....that had very little meaning to the Dolphins.

Come on Celtkin....your being silly....you know IF Culpepper came back...that Lemon would be the 3rd string QB.

When did I say that?

You said that Lemon was 3rd through most of the season. That was not true. Why are we interjecting stuff that didn't happen into this discussion.

It's hard to counter a point you make if you add dream scenarios to it. :wink:

How many of us KNEW that Bledsoe wasn't starting material....he's done...been done.

Well that just reinforces my suggestion that Parcells made a mistake by starting him over Romo for the simple fact that he had more experience.
Saban could have made the same mistake as Bill.

Drew started SIX games for the Cowboys this year.

Well that just reinforces my suggestion that Parcells made a mistake by starting him over Romo for the simple fact that he had more experience.
Saban could have made the same mistake as Bill.

Drew started SIX games for the Cowboys this year.

Saban make a mistake....yea....he's made a few....so anything is possible.

When did I say that?

You said that Lemon was 3rd through most of the season. That was not true. Why are we interjecting stuff that didn't happen into this discussion.

It's hard to counter a point you make if you add dream scenarios to it. :wink:

Do you agree that the ONLY reason why Lemon is the # 2 QB....is because Culpepper isn't playing?

Do you agree that the ONLY reason why Lemon is the # 2 QB....is because Culpepper isn't playing?

Yes, I feel as strongly about that fact as I do about the fact that you made a false statement and seem to be dancing around admitting it. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom