Lemon's Contract Status | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lemon's Contract Status

well considering any team can throw some money at lemon and sign him there is no need to trade for him...if we lose him we get no compensation since he was an UDFA so whatever joey-hugging fool said we're just showcasing him is completely wrong...it would make more sense not to showcase him so no1 else bids for his services...joey is awful he checks down as he's dropping back never giving a chance for deep routes to develop, and when he does he can't complete them...he completed 7 passes in the first half against the jets, 6 of them were to our RB's...if any1 honestly thinks joey should not have been benched they should be shot...lemon played the best half of Qb for the fins all year

Come on Celtkin....your being silly....you know IF Culpepper came back...that Lemon would be the 3rd string QB.

Even though this wasn't directed to me, I'll chime in with saying that there is no guarantee that Cleo would be #3 on the depth chart next year. He might be let go, or he might be number two, and that's what training camps are for.

Even though this wasn't directed to me, I'll chime in with saying that there is no guarantee that Cleo would be #3 on the depth chart next year. He might be let go, or he might be number two, and that's what training camps are for.

Your right....but we weren't chatting about next year.

What's he put up 10 points so far in what, just under one game? Didnt Joey put up 10 in his first game also and against a better defense then either of the ones Cleo faced

It just so happens that he put up 10 points in a game where Joey got shut out...so that is a apples to apples comparison right there. Hard to digest that this is coincidence especially when you look back at his time during preseason and he has done nothing but improve and show consistency...and beat out JH's QB stats every time there.

At some point you have to reevaluate what JH capabilities are and how that either helps or hurt the team.

It just so happens that he put up 10 points in a game where Joey got shut out...so that is a apples to apples comparison right there. Hard to digest that this is coincidence especially when you look back at his time during preseason and he has done nothing but improve and show consistency...and beat out JH's QB stats every time there.

At some point you have to reevaluate what JH capabilities are and how that either helps or hurt the team.

That's what Saban is doing. That's why Cleo is starting. He saw enough in the two halfs that he felt Cleo warranted a closer look. After the Indy game he'll determine off that and the practices who offers better chances for offensive success. Cleo is playing for his future here. Lets hope he lights it up. It would say alot about his potential if he did that. If however he tanks it, Saban seems wary enough of unproven commoditiies that I wouldnt be surprised if Cleo is let go and Harrington kept. Part of what will be interesting here is that the game will be played in perfect conditions something that wasnt available in the past two. Is Cleo simply a better QB in bad conditions or is he simply a better QB? Dont know yet but we'll get closer to that answer Sunday. I think it was somewhat frightening to see Joey play poorly in bad weather two weeks in a row since we play in the Northeast which tends to have inclement weather.

I doubt all three will be back this year and it seems Daunte is safe so itsd either Cleo or Joey in 2007 let the better QB prevail

Harrington won't be back next year. The last couple weeks sealed his fate. He is due a bonus in the spring. Cutting him would save $2,ooo,ooo. If Lemon plays a great game Miami will resign him as the #2. That would be the only way he stays. He wouldn't resign as the #3. Then we will bring in a FA and draft a QB around the 3rd round. The type of FA we would bring in depends on Culpeppers recovery. Top flight FA (To compete for #1) A #3 QB if he is healthy. Hoping for that one. Then 1st pick in draft would be a Top WR or OL, whichever is rated higher. Then get the other one in round two.

That's what Saban is doing. That's why Cleo is starting. He saw enough in the two halfs that he felt Cleo warranted a closer look. After the Indy game he'll determine off that and the practices who offers better chances for offensive success. Cleo is playing for his future here. Lets hope he lights it up. It would say alot about his potential if he did that. If however he tanks it, Saban seems wary enough of unproven commoditiies that I wouldnt be surprised if Cleo is let go and Harrington kept. Part of what will be interesting here is that the game will be played in perfect conditions something that wasnt available in the past two. Is Cleo simply a better QB in bad conditions or is he simply a better QB? Dont know yet but we'll get closer to that answer Sunday. I think it was somewhat frightening to see Joey play poorly in bad weather two weeks in a row since we play in the Northeast which tends to have inclement weather.

I doubt all three will be back this year and it seems Daunte is safe so itsd either Cleo or Joey in 2007 let the better QB prevail

Agreed.

Can't argue with any of what you say here...good post!

Adamprez2003 said:
What's he put up 10 points so far in what, just under one game? Didnt Joey put up 10 in his first game also and against a better defense then either of the ones Cleo faced

Cleo Lemon had us in position to score a touchdown against the Bills but time expired after an incomplete passon 1st & Goal from the 1 yard line.

So in just under 3 quarters of play (2 quarters vs. Jets, 10 minutes vs. Bills), Lemon scored 10 points and had an easy extra 7 with time expiring.

Even if you totally throw out the TD we could have had against Buffalo if time weren't expiring, which I think is kind of ridiculous, Cleo has still averaged more points in his time than our season averages.

Cleo was in for 40 minutes (10 minutes Buffalo, 30 minutes Jets). We scored 10 points. 10 / 40 = 0.25 points per minute. 0.25 ppm x 60 minutes = 15 points per game. Multiply the number of touchdowns we've scored on offense this year (22) by 7 points, and add Olindo Mare's 21 made field goals (times 3) and you have 217 offensive points in 15 games, or 14.7 points per game. 15 ppg > 14.7 ppg.

And like I said, that's not even considering our 2nd & Goal against Buffalo.

He assembled a 90.9 QB rating, and the offense gained 238 yards on 45 offensive plays, for an average of 5.3 yards per play.

For the season, we've gained 4,606 yards on 970 plays, an average of 4.7 yards per play.

We've scored more than average under Cleo, and we've gained more yardage than average under Cleo.

Of course I'm positive you're about to give us some lecture on why stats don't matter.

Cleo Lemon had us in position to score a touchdown against the Bills but time expired after an incomplete passon 1st & Goal from the 1 yard line.

So in just under 3 quarters of play (2 quarters vs. Jets, 10 minutes vs. Bills), Lemon scored 10 points and had an easy extra 7 with time expiring.

Even if you totally throw out the TD we could have had against Buffalo if time weren't expiring, which I think is kind of ridiculous, Cleo has still averaged more points in his time than our season averages.

Cleo was in for 40 minutes (10 minutes Buffalo, 30 minutes Jets). We scored 10 points. 10 / 40 = 0.25 points per minute. 0.25 ppm x 60 minutes = 15 points per game. Multiply the number of touchdowns we've scored on offense this year (22) by 7 points, and add Olindo Mare's 21 made field goals (times 3) and you have 217 offensive points in 15 games, or 14.7 points per game. 15 ppg > 14.7 ppg.

And like I said, that's not even considering our 2nd & Goal against Buffalo.

He assembled a 90.9 QB rating, and the offense gained 238 yards on 45 offensive plays, for an average of 5.3 yards per play.

For the season, we've gained 4,606 yards on 970 plays, an average of 4.7 yards per play.

We've scored more than average under Cleo, and we've gained more yardage than average under Cleo.

Of course I'm positive you're about to give us some lecture on why stats don't matter.

I leave the lectures to you CK

Your right....but we weren't chatting about next year.

I said next year because hey - Lemon is finishing the season and we don't have much to look forward to other than next year after Sunday's games are over.

However, I'll entertain your notion of coming back and agree with you - if only because the fact that Culpepper is healthy and starting means we shouldn't see much of either the number 2 or 3 QB. Given our current situation though, it would appear that Lemon is now our #1 after Joey has been yanked twice early for poor play.

I said next year because hey - Lemon is finishing the season and we don't have much to look forward to other than next year after Sunday's games are over.

However, I'll entertain your notion of coming back and agree with you - if only because the fact that Culpepper is healthy and starting means we shouldn't see much of either the number 2 or 3 QB. Given our current situation though, it would appear that Lemon is now our #1 after Joey has been yanked twice early for poor play.

I find it hard to get excited over WHOM is or isn't ther number one QB on the team....especially when we very well could end up 6-10. Just too many problems and needs.

Back
Top Bottom