Lendale White to Packers at #5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lendale White to Packers at #5

Is a definite possibility with them letting Green go. Although I think that Williams definitely the better option there.

Franchise RB's are easier to come by than a specimen like Williams. It's not often a 6-7 295 pound DE comes your way.

Juan Cribbs said:
they'll take deangelo williams if they take any back.

I wouldnt think they would take DeAngelo Williams over Lendale White. :dolphins:

RunRickyRun34 said:
Write it down!!

Wow... if RB is what they are after... and they pick him over DeAngello Williams... their GM should be fired on the spot... mid-draft...

Green Bay are a bunch of idiots if they take anyone other than Mario Williams or AJ Hawk IMO.

They're a bunch of idiots anyway...lol...jk

Ozzy rules!!

FinNasty said:
Wow... if RB is what they are after... and they pick him over DeAngello Williams... their GM should be fired on the spot... mid-draft...

:yeahthat: , but dont wait till mid-draft!

jonanthans said:
I wouldnt think they would take DeAngelo Williams over Lendale White. :dolphins:
they wouldn't want a better player who fits the west coast offense ten times better than white? weird.

5 is too high for either LenDale or DeAngelo. Besides, Gado was solid last year. Hawk or M. Williams is the only way to go.

Juan Cribbs said:
they wouldn't want a better player who fits the west coast offense ten times better than white? weird.

Hmmm, didnt USC run a West Coast offense? And correct me if im wrong, but didnt Lendale White, not Reggie Bush, lead USC in rushing touchdowns? Lastly, DeAngelo Williams didnt even play in a west-coast offensive scheme at Memphis. Weird......

jonanthans said:
Hmmm, didnt USC run a West Coast offense? And correct me if im wrong, but didnt Lendale White, not Reggie Bush, lead USC in rushing touchdowns? Lastly, DeAngelo Williams didnt even play in a west-coast offensive scheme at Memphis. Weird......
USC didn't run a west coast offense. who mentioned TDs? nothing to do with williams. he fits the west coast better than white because white isn't an everydown back who can catch or block nearly as well as williams. which is why white isn't as good as williams, or as good as bush, or even maroney. i'm starting to think addai is better, too. reminds me of ronnie brown. for a team like the packers who need a back who can do it all, they'd be dumb to take lendale white.

Juan Cribbs said:
USC didn't run a west coast offense. who mentioned TDs? nothing to do with williams. he fits the west coast better than white because white isn't an everydown back who can catch or block nearly as well as williams. which is why white isn't as good as williams, or as good as bush, or even maroney. i'm starting to think addai is better, too. reminds me of ronnie brown. for a team like the packers who need a back who can do it all, they'd be dumb to take lendale white.

The bulleted items below list the tenets/criteria of the West Coast Offense,
"According to Bill Walsh, in the ideal WCO setup, the wide receivers would catch 15 passes a game, the running backs would catch 10 and the tight ends would catch five. A team is looking for 25 first downs a game. The main facet of the offense is utilizing short screen passes to the backs and slant passes to the recievers."

Dwayne Jarrett and Steve Smith, the Wr position had their 15,
Reggie Bush, Lendale White and Kirtman got their 10, and the TE's averaged 6 catches per game between Byrd/Davis/Han****.

So, exactly what kind of offense would YOU say USC employed?

I think the Pack will definitely draft Def. in the first round with either Hawk or M.Williams and then possibly get Calhoun(Wisconsin RB) in the second.

Back
Top Bottom