Balance
eval_progif-1.jpg
Instincts
eval_progif-1.jpg
Tackle-Breaking Ability AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
eval_congif-1.jpg
Breakaway Speed
eval_congif-1.jpg
Cutback Ability Might be too small for some NFL squads, but has had an excellent college career at Memphis, piling up eye-popping yardage en route to nearly 8,000 all-purpose yards in his career. Very productive with good instincts and an ability to gain yardage after contact.

jonanthans said:
Why?

They gave up a pick to KC for Samkon Gado.
143 attempts, 582 yards, 4.1 avg, and 7 total Td's in 5 games.
Plus, he is 5'11 and 225 lbs, and he is 23 years old.
Their need is OLine and Defense. Even Wr would be a lot better pick for them than Rb.
gado is not a starting RB in the NFL. williams is absurdly better. picking a WR at 5 would not be a good move whatsoever.

jonanthans said:
Bill Walsh considers it a west coast offense, so I will go with that, you are more than entitled to your opinion.

And, DeAngelo averaged less than 2 catches per game in his 4 year career at Memphis, and only had 30 TOTAL Catches in his last 2 seasons COMBINED, so how he fits in your plans for Green Bay's WCO doesn't add up.
That has NOTHING to do with DeAngello's ability to catch the ball. It has to do with the offense they run... they dont throw the ball to DeAnge...

DeAnge is a great receiver out of the backfield... look at more than just the stats...

DeAnge is the best RB in this draft... quote me on it...

cowtowndick said:
for argument's sake, ahman green is coming off knee surgery and is a free agent. najeh davenport is coming off knee surgery and is a free agent. if you're the gm in green bay, do you have that much faith in samkon gado to be a franchise running back that you don't draft a deangelo williams or a lendale white? would you not consider drafting one of the aforementioned rb's, and getting maybe bobby carpenter at the beginning of the second? or do you stick with hawk or williams, and hope joseph addai is still there with the second? gado was good, but he's hardly a guy you can build upon. have to believe that part of the problem with favre last year was because no one took the running game seriously, and overplayed the pass.

having said all that, i think white will be a monster, better than williams. he'll have to adjust his game, get a little harder, but he has great size, good speed for a guy his size, he can catch the ball, has a nose for the endzone. imo, he's like ronnie brown - not as talented, but a similar type of back. just some thoughts...

I dont see any similarities between Ronnie and Lindell White... He is going to run in the late 4.5s... He may be a decent receiver out of the backfield, but he is nothing like the receiver Ronnie is... you couldnt lineup White at WR...

I have a hard time tryin to think of a guy that White compares to... maybe poor-mans Bettis?

FinNasty said:
That has NOTHING to do with DeAngello's ability to catch the ball. It has to do with the offense they run... they dont throw the ball to DeAnge...

DeAnge is a great receiver out of the backfield... look at more than just the stats...

Go back and read the entire thread, that post was in reference to her saying Williams was 10 times more suited for Green Bays offense opposed to Lendale White on the strength of his pass catching abilities. Neither she nor you can state that he has far superior recieving abilities compared to White, not when he caught a total of 30 passes his final 2 seasons. Neither back can be considered a fantastic reciever simply because neither has caught many passes.

jonanthans said:
Go back and read the entire thread, that post was in reference to her saying Williams was 10 times more suited for Green Bays offense opposed to Lendale White on the strength of his pass catching abilities. Neither she nor you can state that he has far superior recieving abilities compared to White, not when he caught a total of 30 passes his final 2 seasons. Neither back can be considered a fantastic reciever simply because neither has caught many passes.
Sorry, didnt mean to take the thread out of context...

However, I wonder if anyone can find out how many passing attempts were made to DeAnge... because their offense doesnt throw the ball to their RB much at all. He is a very good receiver out of the backfield. I know that because I have watched him do it, not by looking at the stat sheet... I am not saying that the guy is a the next coming of Marshal Faulk (in terms of receiving)... but he is very underrated as a receiver BECAUSE of his stat sheet...

jonanthans said:
5'10 , 217 lbs

Scout.com Player Evaluation:
STRENGTHShttp://media.scout.com/media/site_logo/eval_pro.gif Balance http://media.scout.com/media/site_logo/eval_pro.gif Instincts http://media.scout.com/media/site_logo/eval_pro.gif Tackle-Breaking Ability AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENThttp://media.scout.com/media/site_logo/eval_con.gif Breakaway Speed http://media.scout.com/media/site_logo/eval_con.gif Cutback Ability Might be too small for some NFL squads, but has had an excellent college career at Memphis, piling up eye-popping yardage en route to nearly 8,000 all-purpose yards in his career. Very productive with good instincts and an ability to gain yardage after contact.

I strongly disagree with the part about his cut-back ability...

The Packers focus in the 1st round should not be a RB, they need help on the Defensive side of the ball, And on top of that they have two back that can carry the load, if there is a back worth taking in the 2nd or 3rd round (which there will be bcs of the FA market), then they will make a move towards another back. If I was them Gado will be my future back anyway.

I hope Lendale White is drafted before us because that means we will have another available player we want dropping to us.

I am also hoping VY reported test results dont hurt him much because I would like him to be picked before us for the same reasons.

Back
Top Bottom