Let O-Gun go | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let O-Gun go

Originally posted by DolFinatic718
people saying that o gun got 15 sacks this season because he played opposite of taylor sound stupid.

when you slide protection you dont slide your right tackle, right gaurd over to protect against the LDE(taylor). You either slide double team with the gaurd already on that side or in run situations the center may come out and lead block.

Really, well the 20 years I had coaching says othwise. There are about half a dozen ways to alter sliding your OL, TE's, or Rb's to help on a troublesome DE. You listed two.

So who's sounding stupid? Why the need to validate your point by name calling or insulting? Seems like thats the new trend with all our new traffic.

I don't think anyone is saying O-gun isnt a quality player...heck, he made the Pro bowl. He had a great year. But he never saw the attention from the blocking scheme that JT has in a game. He also tended to play against RT...not LT. thats also a huge advantage.

Anyhow, lets work towards making a point without the insults DOLFANS.

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Really, well the 20 years I had coaching says othwise. There are about half a dozen ways to alter sliding your OL, TE's, or Rb's to help on a troublesome DE. You listed two.

So who's sounding stupid? Why the need to validate your point by name calling? Seems like thats the new trend with all our new traffic.

Ok Mike since you chose to say something I will address you personally, since you did address me.

My post targeted no one individually, it was a general statement that is my opinion which i am entitled to. If something sounds stupid, foolish, to me I will say so.

secondly :eat: have some popcorn with your 20 yrs of coaching, both will eventually end up in the same place anyway.

In all my yrs of being a fan I NEVER seen a RT slide all the way across the line to help on a "problematic" LDE. Same goes for the right gaurd, the guard may though in extremely rare cases do so on a reverse or run play.

Since we are talking about sacks here, meaning no running play, usually the chip shots, double teams comes from the gaurds on respective sides or like you said TE's, RB's. With that already established If JT's gets doubled with a Lt and LG O gun very well can be getting doubled also.

So like i said O gun playing opposite JT had very little to do with his year, even though you may want to argue it did.

Now :fire: fix ya face!!!

lol:lol:

Ok Mike since you chose to say something I will address you personally, since you did address me.

My post targeted no one individually, it was a general statement that is my opinion which i am entitled to. If something sounds stupid, foolish, to me I will say so.

secondly :eat: have some popcorn with your 20 yrs of coaching, both will eventually end up in the same place anyway.

In all my yrs of being a fan I NEVER seen a RT slide all the way across the line to help on a "problematic" LDE. Same goes for the right gaurd, the guard may though in extremely rare cases do so on a reverse or run play.

Since we are talking about sacks here, meaning no running play, usually the chip shots, double teams comes from the gaurds on respective sides or like you said TE's, RB's. With that already established If JT's gets doubled with a Lt and LG O gun very well can be getting doubled also.

So like i said O gun playing opposite JT had very little to do with his year, even though you may want to argue it did.

I agree with you.

BUT JT played at RDE about 90% of the snaps......stop calling him a LDE.

Originally posted by Section126

I agree with you.

BUT JT played at RDE about 90% of the snaps......stop calling him a LDE.

either way u kno where i am coming from

Today's funny fact - you have been alive exactly 1 year longer than I've been coaching. Anyhow, the age explains the conduct.

The more you say the less I need to!

If you'd really like to talk more about the OL sliding possibliities let me know, we can talk on IM, etc. But seriously, there are many variations. All's it is ....is a math problem that the OL has to solve based on a call. A team can slide everyone over a man, pull out a OG to double, double the traditional way, or use RB's, TE's, etc, with all sorts of variations.

Today's funny fact - you have been alive exactly 1 year longer than I've been coaching. Anyhow, the age explains the conduct.

The more you say the less I need to!

If you'd really like to talk more about the OL sliding possibliities let me know, we can talk on IM, etc. But seriously, there are many variations. All's it is ....is a math problem that the OL has to solve based on a call. A team can slide everyone over a man, pull out a OG to double, double the traditional way, or use RB's, TE's, etc, with all sorts of variations.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Dolphinatic718....

you gotta chill out man DOLFANMIKE has been here a long time and hasn't insulted a single person to my knowledge, he is a very respected poster and has proved over the years that he has a GREAT KNOWLEDGE of football gameplaning, nuances, etc.

You are making yourself look silly and very petulant bro, calm down a little.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Dolphinatic718....

you gotta chill out man DOLFANMIKE has been here a long time and hasn't insulted a single person to my knowledge, he is a very respected poster and has proved over the years that he has a GREAT KNOWLEDGE of football gameplaning, nuances, etc.

I second that.

You can Disagree, but try to do so respectfully.

But the overall premise that Ogun really did't owe that much to JT last year...is for the most part......CORRECT.

So who's sounding stupid? Why the need to validate your point by name calling or insulting? Seems like thats the new trend with all our new traffic.

I don't think anyone is saying O-gun isnt a quality player...heck, he made the Pro bowl. He had a great year. But he never saw the attention from the blocking scheme that JT has in a game. He also tended to play against RT...not LT. thats also a huge advantage.

Anyhow, lets work towards making a point without the insults DOLFANS.

Speak for yourself "bro". from the sound of it it seems like mike is "old" enough and mature enough to defend, comment, respond, and argue his own cases.

I am pretty sure he hates when his little sister sticks up for him (bodzilla):cry:

Dolphinatic718....

Originally posted by Section126

I second that.

You can Disagree, but try to do so respectfully.

But the overall premise that Ogun really did't owe that much to JT last year...is for the most part......CORRECT.

Thanks DOLFANS. I appreciate the support.
I suppose based on his responses to us all its best to let him learn why we have moderators on this board to handle that kind of stuff.

So Bodzilla and Section....

Pick two of the available FA OL....who'd be your choices. I think I'm leaning to RT McIntosh and RG Stone....how about you two?
If we move O-Gun for another 1st Rounder, I'm hoping for QB Rivers and the Best WR on the board. What do you two hope for?

McIntosh has intrieged me since he was at Kansas St. but honestly he isn't a big enough name and out east we don't get many Chargers games so I haven't really been able to track him. I remember reading something abouthim pre-draft that he would be a late pick that could turn out to be a real gem. I'd like to sign him but not for very much, you can only pay so much for potential.

I'm not really that high on Stone. He is ok, a veteran and has played on some good teams but he just doesn't excite me. I would like to see what Garman can do with his size and strength. He would be a major pile mover, but like a few other people here I am BAFFLED that we have not made any moves on the Jamie Nails front. Bring him in to battle for a spot at least because before he got hurt he was having a legitimate, borderline PRO BOWL year. If he can get back close to that, at RG where he would be more natural I would imagine he could do some damage.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

McIntosh has intrieged me since he was at Kansas St. but honestly he isn't a big enough name and out east we don't get many Chargers games so I haven't really been able to track him. I remember reading something abouthim pre-draft that he would be a late pick that could turn out to be a real gem. I'd like to sign him but not for very much, you can only pay so much for potential.

I'm not really that high on Stone. He is ok, a veteran and has played on some good teams but he just doesn't excite me. I would like to see what Garman can do with his size and strength. He would be a major pile mover, but like a few other people here I am BAFFLED that we have not made any moves on the Jamie Nails front. Bring him in to battle for a spot at least because before he got hurt he was having a legitimate, borderline PRO BOWL year. If he can get back close to that, at RG where he would be more natural I would imagine he could do some damage.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

Thats a really good point. I mean after all, while we have to speculate a little on the other Fa guards, we know exactly what we get with Jamie Nails. Maybe he and McIntosh could be the best right side? Nails will have another offseason away from his injury, and he didn't do a bad job last season. If he could revert to two years ago, we'd be set with he and Big Mac.

I also wonder where Spielman sees Seth McKinney's future. I think that will obviously go a long way in deciding to sign another guard.

Back
Top Bottom