Let's all breathe for a second | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's all breathe for a second

I dont see trading up for a QB as desperation at all... I mean, how many freaking picks does Grier need? He has 5x 1st, 4x 2nds, 3x 3rds plus all the other picks in the next 2 years and people still want to trade down for more... At some point, Grier has to turn those picks into players.

lol So, you're saying we have TOO MANY picks, so we should waste some? Sure, why not? :wacky

lol So, you're saying we have TOO MANY picks, so we should waste some? Sure, why not? :wacky
No Im saying we have enough to trade up to secure the 2nd best QB in the draft and still have more picks(and cap space) than the rest of the NFL to build around him...

Yeah, that's the problem. If it's a miss, it's REALLY costly.

No more costly then using all 3 first round picks on DT, OT, and DEs...one will likely bust, just the nature of the draft...one will be a average to good stater and maybe one is a star. In the end, because of the massive number of picks the teams have, trading up for a QB, is worth that risk. You want to win big, you have to gamble.

No Im saying we have enough to trade up to secure the 2nd best QB in the draft and still have more picks(and cap space) than the rest of the NFL to build around him...
And if he's a bust cuz he never sees the field again? I'm fine with taking Tua at 5 because it's only one pick. That mitigates the risk significantly. I think it's foolish to trade up for him because it will cost assets we need for building this team the right way.

If Tua is the guy we have a conviction on and his medicals are clear I say go up and get him if you think you need to. I think we have to get to #3 and I don't want to whine that it costs us a pick. If Tua is a great franchise QB who delivers Super Bowls to Miami why even care what it cost. We could sit at 5 and get Herbert imo. If we sat at 5 and Burrow, Tua and Herbert are gone that would suck. I feel we have the 5th pick in the draft, we rarely draft that high so this is the time to snag our QB of the future. We can easily afford it.
I think it's very unlikely we'll have that much conviction. We may have before the hip injury, but not now.

No more costly then using all 3 first round picks on DT, OT, and DEs...one will likely bust, just the nature of the draft...one will be a average to good stater and maybe one is a star. In the end, because of the massive number of picks the teams have, trading up for a QB, is worth that risk. You want to win big, you have to gamble.
If he's a bust for whatever reason, somehow I don't think that will make me feel any better after the fact lol Why gamble when you don't have to? And STILL win big?

And if he's a bust cuz he never sees the field again? I'm fine with taking Tua at 5 because it's only one pick. That mitigates the risk significantly. I think it's foolish to trade up for him because it will cost assets we need for building this team the right way.
Missing on a 1st round pick, or 3 in the same year isnt crippling by any means, hell half the teams come out of the 1st with no good players every year, they all survive.

Whats really soul crushing is not having the balls to go get the guy and watch him have a great career somewhere else...The value of the upside is astronomically bigger than the risk of coming out of a first round empty handed... That **** happens all the time...

I dont see trading up for a QB as desperation at all... I mean, how many freaking picks does Grier need? He has 5x 1st, 4x 2nds, 3x 3rds plus all the other picks in the next 2 years and people still want to trade down for more... At some point, Grier has to turn those picks into players.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we need all the picks. how many quality starters do we have? 6-7?
Right so then we use FA and draft to find 7 more this offseason which should relegate the 7 starters they replace to backups this year. So then we're at 13-14 quality starters. Yeah we need 22 but looks like massive improvement to me in one year. DO you want us to find less starters so it takes longer? I'm not understanding where you're heading here.

Missing on a 1st round pick, or 3 in the same year isnt crippling by any means, hell half the teams come out of the 1st with no good players every year, they all survive.

Whats really soul crushing is not having the balls to go get the guy and watch him have a great career somewhere else...The value of the upside is astronomically bigger than the risk of coming out of a first round empty handed... That **** happens all the time...
Dude. Love the cut of your football thought jib bro.

I can tell you this . . if Grier gives away 2 or our firsts from this year or next to move up for Tua, and Tua turns out to be a bust, I will likely move on from the Dolphins after 50 years as a dedicated fan. Why? Because they will have shown me they are still thoroughly amateur hour, as they have been since Shula.

Back
Top Bottom