Let’s check on Gesicki’s blocking progress | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let’s check on Gesicki’s blocking progress

Agenda driven. It's like the stale Tua narratives.

If McDaniel trust Mike G. I'll take that.

It’s not like the guy got beat by a DB or something and it seems clear the play was designed for slant right and I assume Gesicki was sealing off the back side. When the RB cut back he literally bought himself into the DE.

That last offensive series was such a debacle. I’m elated w/ McD but we’ve escaped some rookie moments costing us big time. 3 games in a row now him and tua have wasted timeouts due to not getting the play in. That needs figured out ASAP.

Wasting 2 timeouts in the 2nd half bc the play ain’t in is a big no no. That last series couldn’t have been mishandled much worse either

He was my dream hire and he’s got a real long leash w/ me rightfully so as of today he’s the coach of the year. But things like that cannot continue to be a trend. I won’t beat a dead horse but escaping that game w/ a dub was a blessing. By any means beat Buffalo so I’ll take it

Otherwise keep it up. His concepts are better than any other shanny disciple I’ve seen. Really good play caller already as well. We hit a home run.

Sure he has a lot to learn and that should surprise anyone. But he’s already miles better than anything we’ve had.

Sure he has a lot to learn and that should surprise anyone. But he’s already miles better than anything we’ve had.
No disagreement from me he’s the **** just things that will cost us more times than not

That last offensive series was such a debacle.
i suggested somewhere else around here that three direct snaps to Alec Ingold running right between Williams and Hunt should be the absolute worst sequence we should see there, and work up from there.

He didn't get many snaps either. He just doesn't make sense in this offense and should have been traded.

Back in August, it was reported that Gesicki was unlikely to be traded because of his cap hit.

---

PFF's Doug Kyed reports that the Dolphins have "brought up" TE Mike Gesicki's name to other teams.​

Gesicki is playing the 2022 season under the franchise tag, worth a fully guaranteed $10.9 million, so there is no chance that he will be released. His cap hit also makes him less appealing as a trade candidate, to the point that a trade should be viewed as highly unlikely. However, the fact that the Dolphins have reportedly floated his name is further cause for concern regarding Gesicki's fit in the new Mike McDaniel offense. Gesicki essentially played slot receiver in his first four seasons, averaging only 18% of his career snaps inline. He's spent a higher percentage of snaps lined up out wide (20%) than playing traditional tight end. That is set to change under McDaniel, whose system calls for more blocking from the tight end position. That could lead to more snaps for Durham Smythe or Hunter Long. Even if he maintains a clear starting role, Gesicki looks likely to see fewer targets in 2022, as routes are replaced by blocking assignments.

Aug 24, 2022, 9:20 AM ET

How do u expect me to know that ?They could be all on McD or all on tua. We don’t know. It’s on those two regardless.
i saw mcd saying he was getting plays in late and tua had to bail him out on occasion.

i asked because i thought you might know something i didn't.

i suggested somewhere else around here that three direct snaps to Alec Ingold running right between Williams and Hunt should be the absolute worst sequence we should see there, and work up from there.
It’s a tough spot no doubt but mailing it in w/ a sneak on 2nd then play fake on 3rd that stops the clock and is a concept that could easily have been jumped for a pick 6 that put Buffalo in a position to win it. Them getting the ball back w/ only needing a FG and also having a timeout was the least idea situation besides them scoring a touchdown

Back in August, it was reported that Gesicki was unlikely to be traded because of his cap hit.

---

PFF's Doug Kyed reports that the Dolphins have "brought up" TE Mike Gesicki's name to other teams.​

Gesicki is playing the 2022 season under the franchise tag, worth a fully guaranteed $10.9 million, so there is no chance that he will be released. His cap hit also makes him less appealing as a trade candidate, to the point that a trade should be viewed as highly unlikely. However, the fact that the Dolphins have reportedly floated his name is further cause for concern regarding Gesicki's fit in the new Mike McDaniel offense. Gesicki essentially played slot receiver in his first four seasons, averaging only 18% of his career snaps inline. He's spent a higher percentage of snaps lined up out wide (20%) than playing traditional tight end. That is set to change under McDaniel, whose system calls for more blocking from the tight end position. That could lead to more snaps for Durham Smythe or Hunter Long. Even if he maintains a clear starting role, Gesicki looks likely to see fewer targets in 2022, as routes are replaced by blocking assignments.

i think that was refuted by the team.

gesickers name did come up in talks with other teams, but not by us.

It’s a tough spot no doubt but mailing it in w/ a sneak on 2nd then play fake on 3rd that stops the clock and is a concept that could easily have been jumped for a pick 6 that put Buffalo in a position to win it. Them getting the ball back w/ only needing a FG and also having a timeout was the least idea situation besides them scoring a touchdown
crazy.

i was pulling my hair out.

Reactions: A1.
i saw mcd saying he was getting plays in late and tua had to bail him out on occasion.

i asked because i thought you might know something i didn't.
Yeah who knows I’d say it’s Probly on McD that makes the most sense to me. First game it happened im like that’s expected 2nd game against Baltimore I’m like that’s annoying figure it out 3rd game trying to finish off Buffalo I’m like that totally can’t happen. Especially twice. Happened in the first half too. Correction soon hopefully

He's been making great progress (in my eye test).

Not basing anything on those reps trying to budge our way out of our own end there.
If anyone would understand the intimacy’s of one on one handling, it would’ve been you. That LB tossed him like a bag o’salad

---

McDaniel said this was report was not true.

Back
Top Bottom