Lets give Cleveland a bad week | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets give Cleveland a bad week

morrisseycrying-1.gif

lol

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Threads at FinHeaven do not get **** canned as you say. Doesn't matter if their positive or negative. Opinions promote discussion.

It's only when people forget how to act older than 7 is when they are MOVED to the Depths. Numerous personal attacks, etc., cause this to happen. As long as discussions stay on-topic and civil, all Miami Dolphins related threads will stay in the main forum.

Not a difficult concept to grasp here at FinHeaven.

total BS

[video=youtube;qC3IkgwTvuE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC3IkgwTvuE[/video]

I declare this to be this thread's theme song

pro sports championships

cleveland -6
miami-5

Uh...sorry but where did you get the number six from? The Browns and Cavaliers both have zero championships, and the Indians have two from the 20's and 40's. The Browns won the NFL "championship" before the Super Bowl era, which I don't think counts.

From wikipedia:

Drought prone cities
There are a few US cities which are believed to have championship droughts:

Cleveland
Seattle
Buffalo
San Diego
Oakland
Minneapolis

Cleveland has waited longer than any other city with three major sports franchises to win a title. The last time a Cleveland professional sports team won a championship was in 1964 when the Cleveland Browns won the NFL Championship (pre-Super Bowl era). The Cleveland Indians last won the World Series in 1948 (the second-longest drought in MLB, after the Cubs) and the Cleveland Cavaliers have also never won an NBA championship. The city even had a short-lived NHL hockey team called The Barons, which never won a championship either. In 2007, the Cavaliers advanced to the NBA Finals in the city's first championship game since the 1997 World Series, but were swept by the San Antonio Spurs. In 2004, ESPN named Cleveland the most tortured sports city in America.[1]

So, by my count...

Miami - 5
Cleveland - 2

5 > 2
Miami > Cleveland (In more ways than one.)

Uh...sorry but where did you get the number six from? The Browns and Cavaliers both have zero championships, and the Indians have two from the 20's and 40's. The Browns won the NFL "championship" once before the Super Bowl era, which I don't think counts.

So, by my count...

Cleveland - 2 (3 if you want to count the Brown's pre super bowl era title)
Miami - 5

From wikipedia:

He's counting the four NFL Championships the Browns won before the NFL merger.

Before the NFL merger? The Cleveland Brown franchise that isn't even the same franchise on the field today? Sorry, I thought we were talking about titles that actually matter, like Super Bowls.

lol.

Before the NFL merger? The Cleveland Brown franchise that isn't even the same franchise on the field today? Sorry, I thought we were talking about titles that actually matter, like Super Bowls.

lol.
lol, didn't they take those championships with them to Baltimore?

It's convenient to leave it to pro sports when the Hurricanes play such a huge role in the city's sports culture.

Truth.

And if we're going to recognize the five national titles the football program claims, I refuse to allow the four baseball titles to go unrecognized.

:up:

Uh...sorry but where did you get the number six from? The Browns and Cavaliers both have zero championships, and the Indians have two from the 20's and 40's. The Browns won the NFL "championship" before the Super Bowl era, which I don't think counts.

so you count world series from the 20s and 40s but not nfl titles from the 50 or 60s? to each his own i guess.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

It's convenient to leave it to pro sports when the Hurricanes play such a huge role in the city's sports culture.

ohio st has 7 football championships, so i wouldnt go there.

Back
Top Bottom