lets go after posey | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

lets go after posey

If he's not good enough for buffalo he sure isn't good enough here!

late again said:
He's one of those DE/LBs. He's like 6'4 so depending on the D scheme, he'll either line up upright off the line or as a down lineman on the end. I don't know if he's better than who we already have, though. What I wonder, however is he a better option than say, David Bowens? Anyone have any opinions?

Thanks for clearing that up.

nolimit said:
I cant blame him. most of the bills fans do not know posey. you never heard a peep from him. not on the field nor off. he just kinda was "there".

Kinda reminds me of Morlon Greenwood...the fact that he was just "there" u know?

i would love to get posey. hands down no question

Dolfan1000 said:
Surely you do not actually believe that playing in a defensive scheme is that simple? If it is a pass, rush the QB, if it is a run, then take on blocks? Even the players will contest that Saban's D is as complicated as they have ever seen. I am not saying Posey would not be a good fit, in fact I think he would fit in very nicely. But that does not take away from the fact that it is extremely difficult to master a defense to the point where a guy can read and react instead of thinking. It surely would take more than a month.

i don't think you understand the 3-4 defense. do you have any idea why posey had 8 sacks as a LB with the texans in 2002?

I don't think i'm up on getting Bills rejects.

If they can't play ball in Buffalo, in that catastrophically bad team, I don't think they should come here.

GoonBoss said:
I don't think i'm up on getting Bills rejects.

If they can't play ball in Buffalo, in that catastrophically bad team, I don't think they should come here.

he couldnt play in buffalo? and in a system that didnt fit him no less..

its not as simple as so and so didnt play well since he got cut....

DolfanDane said:
yeah right we have enough bills on our team i hate the bills lets not turn into them
who on our team is form the bills?no one important on our roster are from the bills...

OK, I have a question to all those that are saying its to late so we shouldnt sign him....How many games is an NFL season? Last time I checked it was 16 games and lasted over 4 months. So you are saying we shouldnt get a guy who could be a solid depth guy and provide some pass rush ability from a LB position because he couldnt start right away. What happens if we have an injury? Are you really happy with the back-ups that we have being starters? This guy is not spectacular but he would be a solid player to have.

Dolfan1000 said:
If only it were that easy... "Well, he played in the 3-4, so he will be fine". NFL systems go far and beyond merely a 3-4 or a 4-3. This is Saban's defense, not Capers. The two versions of the 3-4 could differ dramatically in language alone, requiring months of learning and studying to grasp. Jason Allen on the other hand, has his playbook. He has had it since April 29th. He has practiced with the team and he has attended meetings. There is no comparing the two situations. Posey may very well be a quick learner, but any player would have trouble learning a new system in just a month. Not saying its impossible, but he would also have to prove he is a better fit than Hodge and Newman, who have had months to show their worth.

Wasn't it Zach Thomas that was saying that he feels more comfortable in Saban's system this year and that last year there were too many times that he was in the wrong place? He had a whole off-season and TC to learn the defense and Zach is one of the hardest working, most prepared people in football.

i really dont think hes that good ........ ... we dont need him ... keith newman can take them all down ...

:dolphins: posey who???? .... we got newman .... ..... hes pretty sick:D

Back
Top Bottom