lets go after posey | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

lets go after posey

man some of this is absurd. why wouldnt you pick up a guy who was cut who very likely would be the third best linebacker on your team. not to mention since he was cut we could sign him much cheaper than if he had just been a free agentat the start of free agency. i dont understand why we wouldnt grab a guy who might take a few weeks to learn the defense, but when he does be At the very least solid depth

As a Bills fan, I can tell you Posey is a class act. When we signed him, it was right after the free agency period began and was considered a big time move. He was coming off an 8 sack season with the Texans. Unfortunately, our stupid GM failed to realize that Posey accomplished this in a 3-4 defense and we played a 4-3. Posey really contributed nothing of note and was invisible in most games. He lost his job because he simply didn't make enough plays or have enough speed to play in our new defense. That said, he was also playing SLB, so sometimes they tend to go unnoticed. The Dolphins connection would make sense because I think he is an upgrade over some of your LBs and there is the Capers connection. I really wouldn't want that to happen because I won't want to root agains the guy. At the same time, I think his best days are behind him. Hope this helps.

BuffaloSoldier2 said:
As a Bills fan, I can tell you Posey is a class act. When we signed him, it was right after the free agency period began and was considered a big time move. He was coming off an 8 sack season with the Texans. Unfortunately, our stupid GM failed to realize that Posey accomplished this in a 3-4 defense and we played a 4-3. Posey really contributed nothing of note and was invisible in most games. He lost his job because he simply didn't make enough plays or have enough speed to play in our new defense. That said, he was also playing SLB, so sometimes they tend to go unnoticed. The Dolphins connection would make sense because I think he is an upgrade over some of your LBs and there is the Capers connection. I really wouldn't want that to happen because I won't want to root agains the guy. At the same time, I think his best days are behind him. Hope this helps.

Listen to this guy he expierienced with the bills organazation if he thinks hes a decent player i say we pick him up i mean our other #3 LB's arnt nearly as good n if we get him i think we'll have 1 of the best linebacking units in the game + we'll have depth and thats always a good thing.

Nappy Roots said:
he couldnt play in buffalo? and in a system that didnt fit him no less..

its not as simple as so and so didnt play well since he got cut....

And which team will he stick with?

You tell me?

He's been in three so far, so, compell me, ok?

Tell me why he's a good pickup ...I guy that has been cut from three teams.

Make me a case for Posey...Who couldn't stick with garbage teams and, will make us better.

EDIT: I don't like the guy and don't want him here much ;)

GoonBoss said:

You tell me?

Make me a case for Posey...Who couldn't stick with garbage teams and, will make us better.

He wasn't cut from the Texans. He elected to become a FA where he signed with Buffalo. His best year was in 2002 when he had 8 sacks. Hasn't done much since then however.

Geforce said:
He wasn't cut from the Texans. He elected to become a FA where he signed with Buffalo. His best year was in 2002 when he had 8 sacks. Hasn't done much since then however.

So, they let him go.

That still doesn't compell me.

Can't we be done with signing journeymen?

JMO.

GoonBoss said:
So, they let him go.

That still doesn't compell me.

Can't we be done with signing journeymen?

JMO.

sure we'd like to be done with journeymen, but the point is if he's better than anything we have after thomas and crowder, and can be had at a fair price, why not bring him in for this season? what do we have to lose?

GoonBoss said:

You tell me?

In fairness to Posey, he started on the NFL's number 2 defense two years in a row. Like I said before, he is a class guy and it's hard to tell how good or bad he was because he never made a lot of plays. The Bills did him a favor by cutting him early so maybe he could catch on with another team. He just wasn't in the right system here.

thecoordinator said:
sure we'd like to be done with journeymen, but the point is if he's better than anything we have after thomas and crowder, and can be had at a fair price, why not bring him in for this season? what do we have to lose?

At Vet Minimum....Sure. Heck, bring everyone in.

BuffaloSoldier2 said:
In fairness to Posey, he started on the NFL's number 2 defense two years in a row. Like I said before, he is a class guy and it's hard to tell how good or bad he was because he never made a lot of plays. The Bills did him a favor by cutting him early so maybe he could catch on with another team. He just wasn't in the right system here.

Thanks for your nice post on an opposition board, first off.....

Next....There have been some talented coaches and they do'nt think he can play. We let alot of emotional favorites go, too.

what does it matter if they let him go when he became a free agent. the saints let drew brees go, does that mean drew brees is a lousy quarterback?

After thomas and crowder we are thin at talented linebackers. we play a 3-4 so we will need four on the field at many times. In my opinion Posey is better than all of our LBs not listed right above. Man whats wrong with picking him up to a cheap contract and seeing if he outperforms the guys weve got. worst case he gets cut, whereas maybe hes a playmaker for us

The reasons he was cut in Buffalo is because of the strong emergence of Cromwell and he no longer fits the defensive scheme we're implementing. (Most people will say he didn't fit the original scheme to begin with) Plus, we have other talented players which puts that @ as a position of strengh for the Bills.

It would be doing him a complete disservice to have him remain on the team @ this point. In actuallity it gives him a bigger opportunity to land somewhere else and possibly solidify himself as a starter or @ very least a backup. Regardless, he will end up with someone just for the reason he has never had a real opportunity to show off his talents since leaving Houston.

And for the fin fan that stated he was cut from Houston......he was NOT cut. He declined to sign w/Houston @ the time and test FA. Not only that, he was signed @ 12:05am the 1st night.......that's right, 5 minutes into free agency.

Back
Top Bottom