Lets Remember Charles Harris | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets Remember Charles Harris

Who?

Honestly, I liked the person, and his college nickname--"Black Ice"--was classic. You don't see it coming and then, BLAM! You're wrecked.

But unfortunately, Charles Harris the player possessed neither elite athleticism, nor elite technique (hand use, pass rushing moves, etc.), was inferior setting the edge, and never really worked out as a LB. I wish him the best, hope he is able to save his money and make a life for himself and his family, and sincerely hope he catches on with some other team and has a long career.

But, no one was surprised to see him cut loose. This league is about production ... not press clippings.

Black Ice slipped into an Episode of Lost in Space, cause he never found his footing in the NFL. Every year there are guys like Charles Harris who come with high expectations and deceiving or questionable talent, that have NFL GM's thinking they've got a gem. When in fact they've just drafted another bust, who never seemed to live up to the talent displayed at the college level.

Black Ice slipped into an Episode of Lost in Space, cause he never found his footing in the NFL. Every year there are guys like Charles Harris who come with high expectations and deceiving or questionable talent, that have NFL GM's thinking they've got a gem. When in fact they've just drafted another bust, who never seemed to live up to the talent displayed at the college level.

my personal fav "highlight" of Harris was

doing his spin move 5 yards off the ball

with no one around!

Unsure if "it" worked

or not!

Was insanely disappointed the day we drafted him, am beyond satisfied we cut him loose. If only it was easy to forget Charles Harris as it will be to remember him lol....

Who?

Honestly, I liked the person, and his college nickname--"Black Ice"--was classic. You don't see it coming and then, BLAM! You're wrecked.

But unfortunately, Charles Harris the player possessed neither elite athleticism, nor elite technique (hand use, pass rushing moves, etc.), was inferior setting the edge, and never really worked out as a LB. I wish him the best, hope he is able to save his money and make a life for himself and his family, and sincerely hope he catches on with some other team and has a long career.

But, no one was surprised to see him cut loose. This league is about production ... not press clippings.
We traded him to the Falcons.

Charles Harris says our GM is fkn Clueless. How can you draft a guy mid-first round with nothing 'great' about him, physically or 'know-how'. He was of less value than Ruddock.

We traded him to the Falcons.
Yep ... for a very low draft pick. The only question was whether we could get anything for him ... and in the end ... we got very little from this former 1st rounder, but you are correct ... we did get something.

Back
Top Bottom