Let’s Talk About the Booth Review PI Call | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let’s Talk About the Booth Review PI Call

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Last week Houston challenged a blatant PI call on Deandre Hopkins and they lost that challenge.

Miami against Cleveland in what was a non PI call on the field, gets a booth review because it’s under 2:00 minutes and suddenly decides to change it to PI. We’re talking about a play that didn’t warrant a Flag during live play but it was a enough to warrant a booth review. What the hell?

This review of PI calls is broken. I don’t know if they just did that to throw the fans a bone about PI reviews (at the expense of Miami of course) but the league overreacted to the Saints getting screwed in the playoffs by a non PI call. Every deep ball incompletion I’m waiting to see if there’s yellow on the field. This has gotten beyond ridiculous.

Last week Houston challenged a blatant PI call on Deandre Hopkins and they lost that challenge.

Miami against Cleveland in what was a non PI call on the field, gets a booth review because it’s under 2:00 minutes and suddenly decides to change it to PI. We’re talking about a play that didn’t warrant a Flag during live play but it was a enough to warrant a booth review. What the hell?

This review of PI calls is broken. I don’t know if they just did that to throw the fans a bone about PI reviews (at the expense of Miami of course) but the league overreacted to the Saints getting screwed in the playoffs by a non PI call. Every deep ball incompletion I’m waiting to see if there’s yellow on the field. This has gotten beyond ridiculous.

Another week of questionable NFL referee calls- highlighted by those disaster tripping calls in the NE game.. also Sherman got called tonight on a 4th down play for really questionable unnecessary roughness that resulted in GB only score.

The fumble not even reviewed in the texans colts game at the end?

The PI experiment sure doesn’t seem to be working well..

Another week of questionable NFL referee calls- highlighted by those disaster tripping calls in the NE game.. also Sherman got called tonight on a 4th down play for really questionable unnecessary roughness that resulted in GB only score.

The PI experiment sure doesn’t seem to be working well..
Yeah what was with those tripping calls? And also the end of the Indy/Houston game where Leonard clearly forced and recovered a fumble and they don’t even review it. They don’t review that but they review a non PI call vs Miami smh.

It certainly seems that this version of PI review is a token gesture made under pressure that the league are hoping fails. As with any sport it's the incosistency that is maddening. Same with Holding calls.

Could be worse. We could be Dallas with phantom tripping calls

I don't care for the Cowboys at all . . . .but that was ridiculous and for the NFL to trot Mike Pereira on Fox to validate the call was embarrassing. I'm glad the analyst (Aikman?) scoffed as soon as he heard the defense of it.

i don't know but it seems the refs are getting worse... The PI call that was overturned yesterday was a joke.. (although I did have the browns -11 in my pool) but if that was a game changing call the league is gonna look like more of a joke than it already is

Cowboys will get the whistle if they need it Thursday

it’s what this league does

might as well plan to be 8-4 Buffalo

Part of the problem with the officiating is they got so many guys who never played a day of football in their lives making these calls.

They need to rid themselves of this ridiculous PI review. Over the years there have been questionable calls costing teams games, the Immaculate Reception most notable. It's unfortunate depending on the side you're on but its part of the game. PI is also called inconsistently depending on which crew is officiating the game. It was a bad move to start reviewing penalties and it needs to stop.

Back
Top Bottom