Let's Talk Leveon Bell... Is There Any Chance Miami Gets In On Him | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's Talk Leveon Bell... Is There Any Chance Miami Gets In On Him

Nooooo thank youuu, he's already turned down a $70 million deal from his home team. Can't imagine what he'd request from Miami.

Technically he turned it down because there was only $17M guaranteed. I might be in the minority here but I side with Bell over Pitt in his whole ordeal. All the dude did was lead the league in yards from scrimmage per game for the entire history of the NFL. He’s an every down player at a position where you don’t have every down players anymore. He’s absolutely worth the guaranteed money that top WRs are getting.
That being said I wouldn’t make a serious play for him in Miami. Too many other positions that need fixing for that price tag.

I wouldn't rule it out. Since when is Adam Gase not about acquiring a talented player because he wants to be paid his fair market value.

Miami must do their due diligence and monitor the situation and it's a unique one given that no one can sign him to an extension if they acquire him which kills his trade value from the Steelers prospective. I think the franchise tag will see some altering in the next CBA.

Pittsburgh is probably looking at a 3rd round comp pick in 2020 for losing Bell after the season. I think it's clear they would take less than then that in the 2019 draft to rid themselves of the drama......WHICH THEY CREATED.

Bell shouldn't be vilified for being an absolute home run of a 2nd round pick and getting screwed by the process. Dude made peanuts for 4 seasons. (I know, I know, the average person.....)

I believe in Drake, I have him on all 4 of my FF teams, I am well aware our main issue is the interior OL and not KD. I've raved about him since the second he got here but.....

Le'Veon Bell is the most talented skill position player in the NFL. He warrants a discussion.

That all being said, If I am looking to make a trade I am looking for a CB, Patrick Peterson is the one that comes to mind.

I’d love to see Bell in the backfield next year with our current receiver corps healthy. I don’t see him as a me first guy and I think he could really make his offense click. But I don’t see us spending that kind of money on one player. Not unless we’re absolutely certain we can cover some other gaping holes in the draft.

Here's what would happen if we signed Bell, seriously someone save this:
  • We sign him to some stupidly high guaranteed money deal as Mike "Bottle Service on the Company Card" Tannenbaum and Adam Gase gleam with pride
  • At the annual Ryan Tannehill OTA classic he looks like Marshall Faulk incarnated according to reports
  • During training camp reports come out of how he's the best RB the Dolphins have had since Ricky Williams and how he makes the offense light years better. He was the missing piece all along.
  • Gase proclaims the new offense to be "Formula 1 on turf" and he has 1,001 ways to use Bell in the offense. He even jokes about lining him at LT.
  • Preseason starts and :shrug:
  • Typical posts saying the offense looks average and the typical responses "lol i love the preseason overreactions, wait until the games matter"
  • Season starts and Bell lays down a 65 yards on 18 carries 4 receptions 22 yards in debut.
  • At some point Bell realizes Tannehill is not Roethlisberger and stories come out about locker room tension because Bell is unhappy with his role in the offense.
  • As he gets closer to 30 we cut him and take a giant hit in dead money.

Here's what would happen if we signed Bell, seriously someone save this:
  • We sign him to some stupidly high guaranteed money deal as Mike "Bottle Service on the Company Card" Tannenbaum and Adam Gase gleam with pride
  • At the annual Ryan Tannehill OTA classic he looks like Marshall Faulk incarnated according to reports
  • During training camp reports come out of how he's the best RB the Dolphins have had since Ricky Williams and how he makes the offense light years better. He was the missing piece all along.
  • Gase proclaims the new offense to be "Formula 1 on turf" and he has 1,001 ways to use Bell in the offense. He even jokes about lining him at LT.
  • Preseason starts and :shrug:
  • Typical posts saying the offense looks average and the typical responses "lol i love the preseason overreactions, wait until the games matter"
  • Season starts and Bell lays down a 65 yards on 18 carries 4 receptions 22 yards in debut.
  • At some point Bell realizes Tannehill is not Roethlisberger and stories come out about locker room tension because Bell is unhappy with his role in the offense.
  • As he gets closer to 30 we cut him and take a giant hit in dead money.

You've convinced me. Let's sign him.

A good RB would mask some of the QB inefficiencies we have. With that said, I think Bell is a little too expensive for this team currently. And the super cap hell we are in isn't helping.

We don’t have a single elite playmaker on offense, or a good quarterback and we got dudes on here saying NO to LeVeon Bell lmao.

Dolphins fans on this site are hilarious

We don’t have a single elite playmaker on offense, or a good quarterback and we got dudes on here saying NO to LeVeon Bell lmao.

No we have fans saying spending 14 million on a rb is about a smart as spending 15 million on a slot wr.

I dont understand anyone who says LeVeon doesnt fit in our system. Kenyan Drake is basically a poor mans LeVeon. LeVeon Bell, a trade up for Justin Herbert, and a more solid defensive scheme will would instantly make this team a contender. Our Offensive line will be back. Albert Wilson will be back. Jakeem Grant and Kenny Stills are both grown men fast! Adding LeVeon to that mix of guys that can carry the ball out of the backfield that would be Gases dream offense with a serviceable rookie QB.
Im all for it.. just drop our bad contracts to make room (Jones Tannehill and Branch)
It seems that this guy is the new Revis, Let the Jets sign him. At 17 million plus , after sitting a yr he will probably get hurt early,it always happens. Even if he does not get hurt and runs for say 2000 yds ,he will want more money . He is a 1 year player and will be always looking for the money. Let the Jets deal with him

But what is he going to do here without an offensive line or the threat of a passing game?

Less we forget defenses HAVE TO RESPECT Berger.

Come play me with him in the backfield on this football team. I’ll stack 9 in the box and dare you to beat me in the air with RT or BO behind center.

Mark this down, as long as Mr Gase is here, LB will never play for this team. Mr Gase does not and cannot tolerate this type of player. Honestly, I think that is a good thing, I understand LBs free market position for making as much money as he can on his "brand", however, the other side of the coin is that I think Pitt has found someone to replace him. This logically means any other team could find someone just as good as him, at a lower price.

It is not down to the RB alone, you need a coach with a plan, an Oline, and a QB that is willing to hand the ball off, instead of just passing all the time because they think they can carry the whole team, which they couldn't and that's one of the reasons why the QB never won a super bowl and, Uh ohhhhh, time for my medication.

The Ever Capitalist VIPER

Back
Top Bottom