Likely Early Entries | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Likely Early Entries

Boomer said:
I was just working on who was definitely in. I think Young will be in and then I'd have to look at whether he's 2 or 3.

Where'd you put him?

I pretty much have to put him at #3...but I feel like a whore doing it because I know I'm buying into the hype and not just doing it because I project him to be that great a quarterback. But I have to discount in my own likelihood of understanding the nature of his dangerousness as a QB...which is low (the likelihood), so I'm more sensitive to the market attitude toward him than my own.

I'd have it right now I guess at

1. Leinart
3. Cutler
4. Young
5.a&b. Croyle and Hackney

After that it's a bit of a mess between McNeal, Clemens, Whitehurst, Gradkowski, Pinegar, Basanez, Shockley, and Olson.

kastofsna120 said:
i'm listening to some guy on fox sports radio saying bush is overrated and all that. surprising, i never heard someone affiliated with the media say a single negative word about him

Hmm, well, given that he's supposed to be the next Barry Sanders and people are saying he's like this once in a generation prospect, yeah I would say he's overrated.

ckparrothead said:
Hmm, well, given that he's supposed to be the next Barry Sanders and people are saying he's like this once in a generation prospect, yeah I would say he's overrated.
well, he said he'd struggle in the NFL

ckparrothead said:

1. Leinart
3. Cutler
4. Young

So you really think Young will go after Cutler? I just hope Young comes out so some fool coach (Dennis Green) takes him that picks before us and leaves us Cutler.

Which teams who are most likely to pick before us do you guys think will take a QB in the first?

I think Tennessee will take Leinart, Arizona will take Young, and we will take Cutler.

I see Houston, NYJ, and New Orleans all passing on QBs in the first. I think they will get one in the later rounds. Detriot could be in the mix though.

Jnaledu3 said:
So you really think Young will go after Cutler? I just hope Young comes out so some fool coach (Dennis Green) takes him that picks before us and leaves us Cutler.

Which teams who are most likely to pick before us do you guys think will take a QB in the first?

I think Young gets taken before Cutler, but right now I have him rated below Cutler...I should probably have him rated higher but I can't bring myself to whore out that much to popular opinion.

ckparrothead said:
I think Young gets taken before Cutler, but right now I have him rated below Cutler...I should probably have him rated higher but I can't bring myself to whore out that much to popular opinion.

Hype is a powerful force in the draft. And Kiper is the King of hype. Lets just hope he puts Young before him.

WR Steve Smith, eh? Good thing for Carolina.

They can draft him and confuse Delhomme into passing to another WR.

Phinz4Life said:
WR Steve Smith, eh? Good thing for Carolina.

They can draft him and confuse Delhomme into passing to another WR.

Wow. That's pretty funny dude. If I was drinking milk, I think it would be coming out my nose.

Hype is a powerful force in the draft. And Kiper is the King of hype. Lets just hope he puts Young before him.

"Hype" doesn't always have to be negative. A lof of people intrinsically consider "hype" to be reputation that isn't justified. I guess what I'm saying about Young is you can think of reputation as being what the market thinks of a guy. Risk control is controlling for risk by listening to the market. In my case, I don't WANT to put Young in the top 5 of QBs necessarily because I'm confused about his pro prospects...but I have to control risk so I listen to the market to some extent.

ckparrothead said:
I pretty much have to put him at #3...but I feel like a whore doing it because I know I'm buying into the hype and not just doing it because I project him to be that great a quarterback. But I have to discount in my own likelihood of understanding the nature of his dangerousness as a QB...which is low (the likelihood), so I'm more sensitive to the market attitude toward him than my own.

1. Leinart
3. Cutler
4. Young

After that it's a bit of a mess between McNeal, Clemens, Whitehurst, Gradkowski, Pinegar, Basanez, Shockley, and Olson.

You watch the kid at North Texas State last night? What did you think?

Boom and CK-

After D'Brick, I haven't seen much consensus on the O-Line rankings with Eric Winston fluctuating heavily. Personally I was VERY high on Winston coming into the season but now I would be real hesitant to grab him in the top half of the 1st. Not sure whether it's the UM sceme or Winston himself, but that unit has been torched way too often.

Anyway, I'm really curious to hear your takes on the top guys. Specifically Jonothan Scott, Joe Thomas and Marcus McNeil. Scott looks like he has all the necessary physical skills. With a coach like Houck, I think taking a guy that has the best physical base is best cause Houck can coach up the technique.

How does Joe Thomas compare to the top Linemen. Do you guys each have your own initial basic ranking of the top 5 O-Linemen at this point or is too early?

ckparrothead said:
Did not see him. Who are you referring to? Meager?

Nah, Barrick Nealy. I was pretty impressed with what I saw.

caneaddict said:
Boom and CK-

After D'Brick, I haven't seen much consensus on the O-Line rankings with Eric Winston fluctuating heavily. Personally I was VERY high on Winston coming into the season but now I would be real hesitant to grab him in the top half of the 1st. Not sure whether it's the UM sceme or Winston himself, but that unit has been torched way too often.

Anyway, I'm really curious to hear your takes on the top guys. Specifically Jonothan Scott, Joe Thomas and Marcus McNeil. Scott looks like he has all the necessary physical skills. With a coach like Houck, I think taking a guy that has the best physical base is best cause Houck can coach up the technique.

How does Joe Thomas compare to the top Linemen. Do you guys each have your own initial basic ranking of the top 5 O-Linemen at this point or is too early?

It's a really great year for offensive linemen. I have been a fan of Ferguson's since his freshman season and he's well clear at the top of my list. I also like Thomas and Max Jean Gilles at Georgia I really like. Daryn Colledge I'm a fan of as well. I'm not so high on Scott as some others and actually I thought Winston was a better TE than LT. McNeil has been a bit up and down this year but finished strong. He's a mountain of a human being and as a run blocker he can absolutely dominate.

I think my top 5 LT's would be:
1 - Ferguson
2 - McNeil
3 - Justice
4 - Colledge
5 - Winston

But there are a barrell load of players that I would put in and around that area. Jean Gilles I would think will become a top flight G in the pros.

As an aside, it looks like Brian Calhoun and interestingly, Ohio St SS Donte Whitner are coming out.

Boom, take it for what it's worth but I have good word in very close breath that Vince will stayhis senior season regardless of Rose Bowl result. Also, Blaylock is likely to leave early but his decision is not yet final. Just a few reliable words on campus from reliable sources.

Back
Top Bottom