Linebacker, Offensive Line, Safety Now Biggest Needs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Linebacker, Offensive Line, Safety Now Biggest Needs

I think the tackling on the team will improve with William Hayes, Nate Allen and Timmons. Byron Maxwell and Howard should also provide good coverage especially letting Maxwell press. We have Jones back starting along side Nate Allen, I'm fairly confidant in that group. I'd like to get an edge rusher to compliment Branch and Wake. I think 3 of these guys are on their board in the first round. I don't think Barnett will be there at 22. He looks like a monster but his slow 40 combine time may drop him in the draft. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt0Ye_QqyJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGZhIE42Ess

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785722/article/mike-mayocks-2017-nfl-draft-position-rankings
Edge rusher

1. Myles Garrett, Texas A&M
2. Tim Williams, Alabama
3. Derek Barnett, Tennessee
4. Solomon Thomas, Stanford
5. Takkarist McKinley, UCLA

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-tracking-40-times-bench-press-and-all-drills

We need to address guard in free agency, because we have to draft an OLB and FS high and this draft is too good at DE to skip. Even with Wake, Branch, and Hayes.... 2/3 are 35 and 32 when the season starts. It's a priority position in free agency where the top guys are getting close to QB money. We need a young guy with star potential there for when Wake breaks down. I don't want to go through 3 rounds without taking a DE.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Our biggest need is slot corner. After that safety and LB.

There is no way that's a bigger need than LB, FS, or guard at the moment.

Cunningham scares me, I think the Big guards and Tackles will eat him up.

As or right now our biggest needs are: OG, FS, LB, then Slot CB.
We also need an edge rushing DE, and a strong Against the run NT.
thats why i hope were not done with free agency.

As or right now our biggest needs are: OG, FS, LB, then Slot CB.
We also need an edge rushing DE, and a strong Against the run NT.
thats why i hope were not done with free agency.

Agree totally here we need a G and DT to finish FA and then we can take BPA at 22 between DE and LB after that its fill the remaining needs CB I've heard a lot about Elder? If thats correct and that would be a later pick to maybe fill the CB (If he can play slot?)

I would take Forrest Lamp in the 1st round, solve that o-line problem right away. With the free agency moves we made, we can afford to wait until round 2-3 for a DE and DT. It's a deep daft in that position so we should be able to get someone to contribute. However, I think the whole draft aside from getting a guard should be focused on defense.

The two worst areas was Run D 30th and Passing offense 26th. I think the combination of the two failures put our TOP at 28:41 which was 27th in the league. Most of the work in FA has addressed the Run D (Timmons and Hayes). I believe most of us thought the failure in our run d was mostly due to MLB and the 4-3 D.

I don't believe Fasano and Julius Thomas have gone far enough to address our passing offense. It's close between our top need being MLB and OG

agreed, both must be addressed and at 22 we should have a choice between some nice names. Don't forget safety as well.

Cunningham scares me, I think the Big guards and Tackles will eat him up.

He stacks and sheds very well. With his instincts, height, and length I don't see it being a problem. His biggest problem to me is breaking down and wrapping up. He's always in the right place. He just needs to finish more plays. I think he'll be the best MLB in the class if he gets that down.

Pass rush is the biggest need. This defense doesn't work without pressure from the front 4.

Burke talked about zone blitzing less which means relying on the those four lineman even more.

With Timmons (hopefully at Mike) and Alonso we'll bypass LBs early this year. I think the early focus will be DE, CB, maybe G, then LB will addressed down the draft line after rd 3.

I think we should still try to address OG in free agency. What about taking a flyer on Jonathan Cooper and then drafting someone in the 3rd round? Have Cooper, Urbik, and the rookie compete for the LG spot. Larsen looks like he came here to start at RG, whether we like it or not.

As for LB and S, I think those should be our top 2 picks. I agree that Reddick and Davis are nice prospects, but I'm looking for a SLB in the 1st round to replace Misi. Tim Williams is someone who I think can start from day 1 and provide good run support and pass-rushing abilities. We could then start Kiko/Timmons/Williams, which is a huge upgrade against the run versus last year. We could then grab either Baker or Evans in the 2nd round to compete for the starting FS spot.

Really liked Cooper in college. Not sure why he hasn't done well in the NFL, but could be an interesting pickup.

Like Tim Williams a lot. I think he has work to do to become a full-time linebacker, but at least you get a pass rush out of the gate.

I think they're the most immediate needs, but pass rusher is still the biggest - as in a dearth at a position that needs to be near stellar to have a chance against top QB's. I'd like to add two pass rushers in the first two rounds. Ideally, you add one DE and one OLB who slides down on passing situations. Willis, Watt, Bowser, Reddick, Cunningham, and Marcus Williams are some of my favorite options. If you give me any two of them, I'll be happy.

Getting two pass rushers early should be the goal IMO as well. That's one reason I'd probably go Reddick or Watt over Davis and I really like Davis. Was looking at Willis as a potential pick at #54, but after his combine that's probably a pipe dream. Larson is someone I'd keep an eye on for the 2nd rounder.

Could be some good safeties who make it to the third round Eddie Jackson maybe.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

One thing for certain, there is A LOT to like at 22 this year, including at pass rusher.

Its the 2nd most expensive position in the NFL behind QB.

If you have a chance to get a good one, you don't think twice about it.

Would you prefer Reddick, Harris or Willis there? I don't think Barnett makes it, but guess that's another possible. Tim Williams maybe?

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

How about Corn Elder in R3?

They better not bypass taking a LB early once again. If we don't go LB at 22 then we need to go LB at 54 and fix that unit once and for all. Every great defense has great LB's and at this point we don't have a great LB. We have two good ones but Alonso's never going to be an all pro and the other one is just a stop gap for a couple of year. We need to go LB,Guard,FS/DE

Ozzy rules!!

I would take Forrest Lamp in the 1st round, solve that o-line problem right away. With the free agency moves we made, we can afford to wait until round 2-3 for a DE and DT. It's a deep daft in that position so we should be able to get someone to contribute. However, I think the whole draft aside from getting a guard should be focused on defense.

The one thing the front office has said that is a head scratcher is the comment about serviceable guards. Could that be a way to throw other teams off with the team eyeing some high-end offensive line talent in the draft? I keep thinking that since the AFC East is absolutely loaded with talented defensive tackles. Can the team really get by with serviceable guards? Tough to do in the AFC East.

As free agency stands, I'd have to say the team looks offensive line in R2 but Lamp wouldn't surprise me either. Nor would that pick upset me even though I prefer getting defense early and often.

Back
Top Bottom