Linebackers | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Linebackers

ok...as a GM, my goal has been to make the most marketable and profitable team in the league. I have been able to cut my team salary to below 30 million, and have added enough exciting players to maintain ticket sales. Jersey sales will soar due to the fans having an incredible amount of players that could be the league's next offensive or defensive MVPs. Also, if UDFA were not allowed last season, and are this season, it makes no sense that a player like Ahmad Brooks would not be able to be signed. It seems that the moderators for this league are looking out for their own teams and are afraid of teams, maybe not mine, but some like San Fran that can afford to add an amazing player like Brooks. This "league" has turned into a game played in gradeschool where the kids (mods) make up rules as they go along.

good comeback, seems like you have run out of excuses to keep brooks from being picked up. Jags restarting the bid for Ahmad Brooks at 1 million.

NickyMewb said:
good comeback, seems like you have run out of excuses to keep brooks from being picked up. Jags restarting the bid for Ahmad Brooks at 1 million.

haha you expected me to take that last post seriously??? oh my bad.. go ahead and start the bidding but its not getting you anywhere. Brooks is not eligible so find another way to strenghten your LB corps.

NickyMewb said:
ok...as a GM, my goal has been to make the most marketable and profitable team in the league. I have been able to cut my team salary to below 30 million, and have added enough exciting players to maintain ticket sales.
No, you have cut everybody that had a chance to make you a profitable GM. The Cardinals have tons of marketable guys, however, since they havent been to the playoffs in a million years, and never to the superbowl, they are losing money EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

NickyMewb said:
Jersey sales will soar due to the fans having an incredible amount of players that could be the league's next offensive or defensive MVPs.
No, Jersey sales will be NONE seeing as how you have a college team consisting of players that wont have a chance cause they are surrounded by other college players.

NickyMewb said:
This "league" has turned into a game played in gradeschool where the kids (mods) make up rules as they go along.

No, you have turned the Jaxonville Jags into a college team overnight. :tantrum:

hahahaha oh man. i didnt know the jags were the new marlins.

thats one helluva college all star roster, i'll give you that much bra

NickyMewb said:
ok...as a GM, my goal has been to make the most marketable and profitable team in the league. I have been able to cut my team salary to below 30 million, and have added enough exciting players to maintain ticket sales. Jersey sales will soar due to the fans having an incredible amount of players that could be the league's next offensive or defensive MVPs. Also, if UDFA were not allowed last season, and are this season, it makes no sense that a player like Ahmad Brooks would not be able to be signed. It seems that the moderators for this league are looking out for their own teams and are afraid of teams, maybe not mine, but some like San Fran that can afford to add an amazing player like Brooks. This "league" has turned into a game played in gradeschool where the kids (mods) make up rules as they go along.

i have been quiet for so long while you have tried to bad mouth me and every other committee member...but since your doing it so freely and out in the open here's my two cents...The "league" is first and foremost...a game. its not your job. the mods have not made ANY draft decision but one...thus far...it was the committee's jurisdiction...and you have tried to weasel and counter each and ever rule set forth as the rules were set in place.
a few things to take note of...
its not our fault you chose the method that you did in making your team...it was a poor choice...your excuse was you didnt play last years game...well i know for a fact that you probably at some point went in and read up on the game last year....you should have gone on to see the voting thread in which the top 3 teams and how they went about making thier teams stronger...the draft is great and you did a good job with what you had...but you dont do a florida marlins and firesale your team for a bunch of kids...no matter how good they are or can be...the fact of the matter is you can not play them all...you have no hardly any vets to back up your rookies and thats not boding well for your team...
there is no way in hell that you are going to sell jersies outside of jacksonville. or sell tickets for fans outside of your city because they are going to think,"i can watch my team suck from the comfort of my own home"...you were a playoff team and now your team is digging new ways to stay in the AFC cellar....thats not good GMing...your stadium wont be full for a very long time. your making no profit...period
lets look at the psychological aspect of it...your top pick was Jay Cutler...your back-up is Bruce Gradkowski....how in the hell can jay cutler get better if he has no one to tutor him...he has the arm yes...but he will be the next joey harrington...who will be in the NFL for a while stinking it up...and the next team to take him will have to break him down and rebuild his psyche. I love Jay yes....but you are setting him up and your other younger players up for failure...no body is there to push them...to teach them...and when you have alot of talent and no way to hone them...they all get disgusted and turn into Demetrius Underwood....so yes you have about 35 Underwoods on your team.
and last but not least...did you honestly think you were going to win...? your the only GM that i know of that deserves to be fired...you must be Millen's son or something

dont you ever disrespect the Mods that run this or the comittee that let you select way pass the second round

First of all, you can't disrespect someone you never respected to begin with. This game has been a joke. The league started dealing players before every team, including the one I picked up, in the league was full. That is ridiculous. I felt that I started too late to make a team that could compete with others I saw when I first began. I took an alternate route, one that WILL make money. I had no intentions of winning the league when I started, I figured I could just rebuild and make some fun of it. By the way, Im not some kind of loser who reads every little thread, especially those from last year. I have had nothing but problems since I joined, particually with rules being made up as you go along. This game is a joke, made to suit certain teams and not others. The moderators are a bunch of ****ing idiots who know very little if anything about football. I guess I should have anticipated a crappy game from a bunch of ****ing unrealistic Dolphin fans. How did Julian Peterson and LaVar Arrington turn out, oh yeah, they went to teams that are GOOD. Just remember, last years late season win streak was 1 or 2 plays from being a top ten pick season. I can't wait to see who wins this league, my prediction is either PhinSoldia or TractorTraylor since they are in charge. Sancho, I bet it was easy going behind me on the free agent lists and bidding on players I had. Looks like Sancho knows as little as me. Don't forget JTBRLZ, I dominated you on a trade eariler in the season, go back and read the threads.

NickyMewb said:
Sancho, I bet it was easy going behind me on the free agent lists and bidding on players I had. Looks like Sancho knows as little as me.

yeah because all those players werent known by anybody else and were flying very much under the radar right

by the way you ever get that 2nd rounder for wr reggie williams like you said you could? please god tell me you did so i can call that guy a moron

NickyMewb said:
First of all, you can't disrespect someone you never respected to begin with. This game has been a joke. The league started dealing players before every team, including the one I picked up, in the league was full. That is ridiculous. I felt that I started too late to make a team that could compete with others I saw when I first began. I took an alternate route, one that WILL make money. I had no intentions of winning the league when I started, I figured I could just rebuild and make some fun of it. By the way, Im not some kind of loser who reads every little thread, especially those from last year. I have had nothing but problems since I joined, particually with rules being made up as you go along. This game is a joke, made to suit certain teams and not others. The moderators are a bunch of ****ing idiots who know very little if anything about football. I guess I should have anticipated a crappy game from a bunch of ****ing unrealistic Dolphin fans. How did Julian Peterson and LaVar Arrington turn out, oh yeah, they went to teams that are GOOD. Just remember, last years late season win streak was 1 or 2 plays from being a top ten pick season. I can't wait to see who wins this league, my prediction is either PhinSoldia or TractorTraylor since they are in charge. Sancho, I bet it was easy going behind me on the free agent lists and bidding on players I had. Looks like Sancho knows as little as me. Don't forget JTBRLZ, I dominated you on a trade eariler in the season, go back and read the threads.

neither T-2 or I was in charge...just of the draft...and that was a 5-headed sword...the mods are Saint Greg and Stan Marino...and if i am not mistaken you just might be banned so good luck with that...you are one annoying little prick BUT before you start flinging the dookie from your A** get your facts straight first...and i know enough about football to know that your team sucks and your a terrible GM

and my girl said if you are so un-intersted in winning why the F*** are you on here still.....lmao dude she dont even know the game and she just :0wned: your A**

Alright no more flaming, lil Nicky got owned and now its time to get back to our regularly scheduled Linebacker bidding thread.

Obviously he isn't here to win, or play anymore...so maybe Nicky's gotta be removed from the Jags team, cause you know that team is just about dead last, yes it is a first in finheaven, NEGATIVE POINTS in the GM League.

Sorry I didn't mean to say that, uh... 5 dollars on that guy sitting in the corner, he looks like he could run my linebacking crop...ok so he'd be more capable of that then Nicky was putting together a realistic team...sorry there I go again.

Matt the linebackers thread is yours again, and only bids from now on.

I leave you guys alone for one day and look what you do. I was wondering who the hell got released and what the whole bidding war was about. Then I see that Jaguars owner bitching about something. Well listen up buddy, if you don't like it, I'll gladly open the door for you. I don't need none of your crap and in fact, no one does. You chose a different strategy than myself, good for you. I built my team for the present and the future, I kept team chemistry, and most of all, I actually have players pushing players. Hmmm, Abdul Hodge learning behind some pretty good linebackers? Project player Seneca Wallace taking the wheel from Peyton Manning? Koren Robinson being humbled by Marvin Harrison? And you? You? I don't even know what your team looks like, but as far as I know, a bunch of rookies. Now if you want that strategy, feel free to do so. But is it JUST me? Or have I noticed frequency of high draft picks... Texans... Browns... 49ers... they're always up there, they're drafting the big name players... Aaaaand once again, they are at the bottom. Listen up bud, I don't care who you are. You don't get mouthy like that, especially for a rookie. I use to watch a little WWE back in the day, and I'll gladly tell you what Mr. Vince McMahon said to every guy out there.. If you don't like it... "Get the F out!!" Aaaand one more thing. Nick or whatever your name is... As far as I'm concerned, this linebackers thread is MY house, yes, MY casa, and don't think for a second you can make your way and act high and mighty, telling ME what to do. As far as I'm concerned, Brooks isn't available.. Get over it, quit crying and whining. So if you don't like the way things are run, go out and make your own GM league and see how you fare. Good day.

Back
Top Bottom