Lions looking to trade Stafford? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions looking to trade Stafford?

If the whole season was about a tank job, why sign Fitz at all? Why continue to play him?

The staff could have easily chosen to do things differently?

Any plausible explanation?

If that were true, we never would have won 5 games.

Just because that is what some ppl told themselves to make it palatable, doesn't make it fact.

No doubt they have thier eye on the future, but it wasn't "all" about that one thing.

This is rich... lol

Tell us again why the FO jettisoned their healthy signed QB who according to some is a franchise QB a man who beats the Pats more than anyone in his recent memory???

For a QB who has never never ever been to the POs???

Don’t move the goal posts just answer the question

It's fine to have any opinion you want. I just think, without evidence to the contrary, you are projecting yours onto the Dolphin's staff.
Whether they did or not is kind of irrelevant IMO. If they end up trading a boatload of picks to get Tua, then we'll be able to put an actual price on those wins. At that point, you gotta ask yourself, were those wins worth it?

I'd take his contract on for the 3rd overall pick. I know lions fans are probably mocking that we give up two firsts for him including the 5, and that they go on a drafting spree with the 3,5 and 18 picks but that ain't happening.
I would too and I would cut him as soon as I could lol

In terms of personnel absolutely all about getting in position for/getting a difference maker at qb.

I got 5 #1 picks the next 2 years as long as that medical keeps headed in tbe can play in 2020 I’m ponying up 3 of them to go get tua if that’s what it cost. Not giving up the Miami 2021 1st. They can have 5 and 2 more if need be.

Grier got us here witb his personnel handling etc. he damn well better get us out.
Since both the Tunsil, and MF deals were afterthoughts, how can you possibly say that was part of the "plan", from the beginning?

That tunsil trade was about draft qb asset ammo.

period.

now it’s time to nut up and use it since you couldn’t just get there witb the on field product despite a gutted roster (again for you guessed it...qb draft positioning)

nothing else even matters short of getting some o line pieces that aren’t dumpster fires

Whether they did or not is kind of irrelevant IMO. If they end up trading a boatload of picks to get Tua, then we'll be able to put an actual price on those wins. At that point, you gotta ask yourself, were those wins worth it?
The discussion was about what "the whole season was about".

That indicates a predetermined plan. If the plan was to tank, bend Houston over the pool table, and trade a whining mama's boy, they are truly genius

I already said this but miami identified its most tradeable asset in tunsil (ie the player that had the most trade value) and floated him and Houston gave em an offer they couldn’t refuse.

and if you don’t think that the front office discussed what those tunsil trade draft assets could do for them in terms of ammo to go get their draft qb if need be...well you’d be one thirsty damn horse

he's better off going to the Bears for a couple of years. Trubisky is gahbage and they'll be in the QB market soon either way.

At that point, you gotta ask yourself, were those wins worth it?

Yeah I think they were. Kept a good coach here, showed us that we're going in the right direction and ultimately that's what you want from your team; to fight and scrap. We could have it easier if we had won less but now it's time for Grier to do his job.

Detroit did not convert 9 million of his salary into a signing bonus in December while staring at a top 3 pick to have an even bigger cap hit for releasing/trading him 5 months later. He’s 100 percent staying in Detroit.

Tuas checking these damn medical boxes off and it’s over.

We haven’t even gotten to the point where it’s gonna really take off. Wait til after that damn pro day.

it’s gonna explode. And we need to win the damn race for once.

Yeah I think they were. Kept a good coach here, showed us that we're going in the right direction and ultimately that's what you want from your team; to fight and scrap. We could have it easier if we had won less but now it's time for Grier to do his job.
I think if they end up with the QB, they'll be fine... If on the other hand they swing and miss, this is where those wins really hurt you down the line...

Back
Top Bottom