Lions looking to trade Stafford? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions looking to trade Stafford?

I can tell you one thing. If the ownership and team leadership had even 1/3 of the passion for this team that this site has over the last 20 years, we'd need warehouses to store all of the extra Lombardi trophies we would have won.

A few things, they may not publicly say it but Patricia is one foot out the door. He is a bad season from never being a HC again, and Quinn will never be a high level FO exec again, arrogance is part of this. The only way to trade Stafford is if you got a huge haul, well he is rarely healthy and is overrated. So you are not going to get a huge haul, and while Tua is getting healthy fast there is no guarantee he will be good to go day 1 so I find it hard to believe he will be their target even if they found a team stupid enough to trade for Stafford.

The bigger point was Grier, Flo and staff werent tanking, point out and spin it however you want. They gutted to roster to clear cap and build draft capital, he played the cards perfectly. He gave himself and the organization the flexibility needed to get the right pieces in place. If they sucked they have the ability to draft a ton of players and get a QB. If he struck gold and Flo can coach his ass off and push his team to more wins than expected then you have the ammo to go get the most important piece and a player that you have coveted for 2 years. Nothing else matters until you get the QB position right, just ask the vikings; they have the best roster top to bottom and cant get out of the divisional round. The seahawks who were paying old retired guys by the end of season were a miraculous 3rd down throw from getting the ball back with 4 minutes and a chance to go to the NFC title game.

QB IS ALLLLLLLLLL that matters, do not let the draft come to you, do not sit on draft picks and build the roster. Get the QB and then start filling holes.

Last edited:
A few things, they may not publicly say it but Patricia is one foot out the door. He is a bad season from never being a HC again, and Quinn will never be a high level FO exec again, arrogance is part of this. The only way to trade Stafford is if you got a huge haul, well he is rarely healthy and is overrated. So you are not going to get a huge haul, and while Tua is getting healthy fast there is no guarantee he will be good to go day 1 so I find it hard to believe he will be their target even if they found a team stupid enough to trade for Stafford.

The bigger point was Grier, Flo and staff werent tanking, point out and spin it however you want. They gutted to roster to clear cap and build draft capital, he played the cards perfectly. He game himself and the organization the flexibility needed to get the right pieces in place. If they sucked they have the ability to draft a ton of players and get a QB. If he struck gold and Flo can coach his *** off and push his team to more wins than expected then you have the ammo to go get the most important piece and a player that you have coveted for 2 years. Nothing else matters until you get the QB position right, just ask the vikings; they have the best roster top to bottom and cant get out of the divisional round. The seahawks who were paying old retired guys by the end of season were a miraculous 3rd down throw from getting the ball back with 4 minutes and a chance to go to the NFC title game.

QB IS ALLLLLLLLLL that matters, do not let the draft come to you, do not sit on draft picks and build the roster. Get the QB and then start filling holes.
Well said!

Most gutted roster since like tbe 78 expansion bucs or some **** and we still can’t figure out the motivation.

I posted a few months ago I felt the lions would move on from Stafford. I also said they would shock everyone and draft Fromm.
Now this news might be a smoke screen but I think it might have more legs than some think.

The bigger point was Grier, Flo and staff werent tanking, point out and spin it however you want. They gutted to roster to clear cap and build draft capital, he played the cards perfectly. He gave himself and the organization the flexibility needed to get the right pieces in place. If they sucked they have the ability to draft a ton of players and get a QB. If he struck gold and Flo can coach his *** off and push his team to more wins than expected then you have the ammo to go get the most important piece and a player that you have coveted for 2 years. Nothing else matters until you get the QB position right, just ask the vikings; they have the best roster top to bottom and cant get out of the divisional round. The seahawks who were paying old retired guys by the end of season were a miraculous 3rd down throw from getting the ball back with 4 minutes and a chance to go to the NFC title game.

If Patricia already has one foot out the door as you suggest, that is even a better reason for the Lions to draft Tua. That way he will be fully recovered from his hip surgery by the time the new head coach takes over in 2021.
Stafford is a good QB when he is healthy but he just hasn’t been able to take the Lions offense to the next level. It might be time for the Lions to do what the Dolphins did with Tannehill and just start over at the QB position. On a more talented roster Stafford would likely have similar success to what Tannehill had with the Titans.

If Tua is truly a generational type QB he is said to be, I have no idea how the Giants, Lions, or Redskins wouldn’t draft him. Because if he is able to stay healthy in the NFL, his skills are much better than any of the starting QB’s on any of there teams.

I posted a few months ago I felt the lions would move on from Stafford. I also said they would shock everyone and draft Fromm.
Now this news might be a smoke screen but I think it might have more legs than some think.
Fromm is a 3rd or 4th round talent so I don’t see the Lions trading Stafford just to pick Fromm in the first round. I think it will be Tua or maybe Herbert if they do trade Stafford and decide to take a QB at three.

Fromm is a 3rd or 4th round talent so I don’t see the Lions trading Stafford just to pick Fromm in the first round. I think it will be Tua or maybe Herbert if they do trade Stafford and decide to take a QB at three.
I don't see them taking Tua. Herbert I can see. I have a much different evaluation of Fromm than others. I was called crazy over and over for just stating lions will move on from Stafford. Let's see where Fromm falls.
I also said the day McCarthy was hired, dax was done in Dallas and Brady would end up there.
FA for QB is going to be crazy this off season.

:munch:
Stopped reading when he said "Tua's" A+ arm talent, and atheletic ability, immediately after referencing RPO guys as a trend.

Tua has an NFL arm, but not A+. He does have some athletic ability, but not that of Jackson, or even Mahomes, and even if he did, do you really want him scrambling around, creating with 270lb animals, that run 4.5, chasing (and hitting) him.

Recipe for IR, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom