Lions looking to trade Stafford? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions looking to trade Stafford?

I don't see them taking Tua. Herbert I can see. I have a much different evaluation of Fromm than others. I was called crazy over and over for just stating lions will move on from Stafford. Let's see where Fromm falls.
I also said the day McCarthy was hired, dax was done in Dallas and Brady would end up there.
FA for QB is going to be crazy this off season.
Fromm will probably be a 2nd round pick simply because teams tend to draft QB’s too high IMO. He was a good college QB but I will be very surprised if he ends up being anything more than a backup QB in the NFL.

As far as Stafford is concerned I could see the Patriots making a run at him. He still is relatively young and he has 4 years left on his contract. I think he would be an excellent replacement for Brady and with their defense and Stafford as the QB and Belicheck the HC, the Patriots would be a team set for the next 5 years.

I think the only way the Dolphins are able to draft Tua is if they can move up to 2. I just don’t see Tua being on the board at 5. Like I stated earlier, I would take Tua at 2 if I were the Redskins GM and I was convinced he is 100% healthy. This probably won’t happen because Snyder pushed to draft Haskins last year and Haskins looked okay toward the end of the season. I just think Tua will end up with the Lions.

Quinn said trade rumors are 100% FALSE.

It would cost more than $10 million extra in cap space for Stafford to play somewhere else next season (cap hit jumps to $32 million).

Quinn said trade rumors are 100% FALSE.

It would cost more than $10 million extra in cap space for Stafford to play somewhere else next season (cap hit jumps to $32 million).
Not that I would do it, but would you swap picks with Detroit, and take Stafford's contract in the bargain?

That way, you move up, get Herbert or Burrow for sure, and it doesnt cost any additional picks.

Not that I would do it, but would you swap picks with Detroit, and take Stafford's contract in the bargain?

That way, you move up, get Herbert or Burrow for sure, and it doesnt cost any additional picks.

That's interesting but it would cost the Lions more than Miami. They still have to take on a 32M cap hit (prorated bonus) and Miami would get him for about 11M a year. I would totally think about that but I doubt the Lions would. They would end up with no QB and be sitting at 5 with two of the best off the board.

Most gutted roster since like tbe 78 expansion bucs or some **** and we still can’t figure out the motivation.
The motivation was obviously to build the Oline - lol

That is the secret to The Cowboys success lol

No matter what you think of RT, it was time to move on. If not for Gase, may have happened sooner.

What does making the playoffs have to do with it? Everyone knew Fitz had the potential to pull a few wins out of thin air.

We could have put an undrafted FA out there, and been better of ifvthe goal was the #1 pick.

I'm not sure what you are argueing here. Everyone wants an Elite QB. I just don't agree that unless we draft Tua "at any cost", that it was a waste.

If that was the goal, they could have done things differently.

Yes, we ended up with 3 rd1 picks, but saying that was planned from the beginning is fantasy. One trade happened a few days before the season, and the other after the season started, due to the player being disgruntled.
Did I write Tua anywhere in my question? Stop moving the goal posts and people will take you more seriously

You talk a big game when you want to and then try to side step a locomotive that we saw coming 4-6 months ago

It is not about Tua it is about a fail safe plan at coming away with a QB of the future for 2020 -

Everyone can make the determination for themselves who they had their immediate eyes on

To say that they moved all those pieces out without a plan (A plan to get their QB of choice) is the most nonsensical thing I have ever read on this site

You don’t do that shiat to further piss off a good fan base

Of course we expected the coaches to coach and the players to play hard but the FO really went out of their way to ensure a losing season

You either play to win or you play to lose you don’t set out to try to tie

People are conveniently ignoring the waiver list prior to Tanny’s boot -

Just because I believe that Tua became their target doesn’t mean anyone else has to, Herbert was mentioned in 2018 and Burrow he came along with a great season after the moves were made so maybe he is on the horizon today -

Your Tua hate clouds your vision

I already said this but miami identified its most tradeable asset in tunsil (ie the player that had the most trade value) and floated him and Houston gave em an offer they couldn’t refuse.

and if you don’t think that the front office discussed what those tunsil trade draft assets could do for them in terms of ammo to go get their draft qb if need be...well you’d be one thirsty damn horse

I agree with you here. Good way to put it.

Absolutely you do this. It REALLY throws a wrench in your plans but it gives you the equivalent of mid 1st round value and guarantees you a future QB. This a multiple year process and you're securing your future. You would've spent the 23 million on 2 other guys, so you simply draft that position with a high value prospect (with that pick youre saving from this very trade) and delay the second positional upgrade until 2021, when you cut Stafford and use that money on your FA

Did I write Tua anywhere in my question? Stop moving the goal posts and people will take you more seriously

You talk a big game when you want to and then try to side step a locomotive that we saw coming 4-6 months ago

It is not about Tua it is about a fail safe plan at coming away with a QB of the future for 2020 -

Everyone can make the determination for themselves who they had their immediate eyes on

To say that they moved all those pieces out without a plan (A plan to get their QB of choice) is the most nonsensical thing I have ever read on this site

You don’t do that shiat to further piss off a good fan base

Of course we expected the coaches to coach and the players to play hard but the FO really went out of their way to ensure a losing season

You either play to win or you play to lose you don’t set out to try to tie

People are conveniently ignoring the waiver list prior to Tanny’s boot -

Just because I believe that Tua became their target doesn’t mean anyone else has to, Herbert was mentioned in 2018 and Burrow he came along with a great season after the moves were made so maybe he is on the horizon today -

Your Tua hate clouds your vision
First, I don't "hate" anyone. I think he is injury prone, and I prefer a bigger frame.

Second, you are taking my posts out of the context of the original debate.

Third, I do not believe there is any QB in this draft that is worth 3 rd1 picks.

You are right. Different ppl have varying views. The original premise of the conversation was that this whole past year was about one thing, and one thing only. I just do not agree with that. We could have rolled out an UDFA at QB, if our only intent was securing the #1 pick.

You are right. Different ppl have varying views. The original premise of the conversation was that this whole past year was about one thing, and one thing only. I just do not agree with that. We could have rolled out an UDFA at QB, if our only intent was securing the #1 pick.

Not to be disrespectful but I already kno your opinions on your top three and Tanny was long gone before they acquired the sexy early picks

Back to UDFA - you are right they could have rolled with anyone (Rosen) inc benching Fitz

Fitz looked like a good choice old grizzled wouldn’t complain about a so so team and had never been to the POs

I suppose the locker room could have also been in a flux - and they were worried about establishing a losing culture?

I think Fitz is a leader a born leader and Rosen is a 6’4 QB who doesn’t have the leadership or the stuff between the ears and the whole team would see that

Also they had to have known that the league and even casual followers were going to watch their moves after sending a more than serviceable Thill away

Such as it is we sit in 5th and Herbert will be there if someone jumps us

Whether or not they tried to tank, they should have had some foresight when they were sitting at 0-7. The season was a lost cause. Instead of playing Rosen and looking at the 1st or 2nd pick we will probably get caught with our pants down or have to pay resources to move up to get our QB. Those wins dont mean much if we fail to get our QB. We dont get to rollover wins into the next year. The roster turnover that is going to happen and the coaching turnover that has already happened will neuter whatever "culture" he had built up.

Also, I dont trust Grier to be able to build a 49ers team. His golden ticket is an elite QB. Hopefully he knows that.

Not to be disrespectful but I already kno your opinions on your top three and Tanny was long gone before they acquired the sexy early picks

Back to UDFA - you are right they could have rolled with anyone (Rosen) inc benching Fitz

Fitz looked like a good choice old grizzled wouldn’t complain about a so so team and had never been to the POs

I suppose the locker room could have also been in a flux - and they were worried about establishing a losing culture?

I think Fitz is a leader a born leader and Rosen is a 6’4 QB who doesn’t have the leadership or the stuff between the ears and the whole team would see that

Also they had to have known that the league and even casual followers were going to watch their moves after sending a more than serviceable Thill away

It's all good, I don't take vigorous debate as disrespect. It doesn't matter to me if you "take me seriously" or not.

You are a knowledgeable poster. I just happen to disagree on a couple basic points of philosophy.

Neither of us is privy to the actual thought process, or conversations that go on in Davie. It's all just opinion, and there is no reason to get upset over opinions of a game.

I'm sure we all just want a damn winning organization. How to go about it is the what this site is for.

I know there are ppl who prefer an echo chamber, where everyone can pat themselves on the back while they circle jerk, with no contrary thoughts.

I know you aren't that way, but there are those that are.

As per link the Lions may be looking to trade Stafford:

A smokescreen or should we be worried? Is it time to call the Skins? Thoughts?

I would say smokescreen, but these Stafford trade rumors have come up before. Maybe he's just not a good fit for what Patricia wants to do on offense.

Maybe born leader but has not amounted to much in team success and medocrity at best in individual success

Back
Top Bottom