Lions looking to trade Stafford? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions looking to trade Stafford?

GMs and coaches usually aren't interested in helping out their replacements
No, but is the owner's prerogative to step in, and make the call, particularly if he knows a lame duck GM doesn't, necessarily, have the team's future as his priority.

This would point more to a vet signing than a draftee IMO. HC and GM still on the hot seat. Could Brady be a consideration given his connections with the staff?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ecame-pawns-in-the-looming-quarterback-chaos/ Good read.

"It goes like this: Agent John Doe wants to get his client Joe Turdball (a potential future Hall of Famer, as discussed in a recent edition of PFT Live) signed by the Buccaneers. Other agents representing Turdball’s peers want their own clients to be signed by the Buccaneers. If John Doe can make those other agents think that the Buccaneers may trade for Matthew Stafford, the other agents may waver just enough to allow a preliminary deal to get done between the Bucs and Mr. Turdball.

It’s an incredibly low-tech approach, and it likely won’t do much to get agents to double-clutch. But that’s what agents are doing, we’re told, as an unprecedented number of quarterbacks become available in free agency or otherwise."

This would point more to a vet signing than a draftee IMO. HC and GM still on the hot seat. Could Brady be a consideration given his connections with the staff?
I don't really get all this Brady speculation.

What possible motivation would he have for going to any team that isn't a likely contender. He doesn't need the money. If he wants to prove it wasn't all BB, winning those rings, going to a dumster fire of a team seems implausible.

Smart move by the lions. May as well take the cap hit and get a younger and cheaper QB that is as injury-prone as your mega paid QB.

If we're talking Detroit/new England connection. I think the chances are greater Detroit trades their draft spot to the pats than Brady signing with a lowly team like the Lions.

If I’m miami I full on plan for burrow to be a bengal and full speed ahead on getting Washington to take the bait on a trade to 2.

If we can do that we got tua. And tberes zero reason we can’t do it. Just have to pony up.
but how much is fair and how much is too much?

Matthew Stafford QB, Detroit Lions

Lions GM Bob Quinn said that trade rumors surrounding QB Matthew Stafford are "100% false!"

It would cost the Lions $32 million against the cap for Stafford to *not* be on their roster in 2020. He also thrived in his first season under new OC Darrell Bevell before breaking his back. Any rumors suggesting Stafford could be on the move are assuredly false and erroneous.

Source: NFL.com

Feb 13, 2020, 8:52 AM ET

Under best scenarios, I'd take Stafford in a heartbeat over every draftee except Burrow.

However this team in reality is a long way away from the luxury of commiting huge cap space to a QB with a limited shelf life.

I don't really get all this Brady speculation.

What possible motivation would he have for going to any team that isn't a likely contender. He doesn't need the money. If he wants to prove it wasn't all BB, winning those rings, going to a dumster fire of a team seems implausible.
I agree. Just so he can come down and get the avocado beat out of him? Let me finish my career potentially being beat to death while the heir apparent gets comfortable and ready to replace me. Come on guys.

Under best scenarios, I'd take Stafford in a heartbeat over every draftee except Burrow.

However this team in reality is a long way away from the luxury of commiting huge cap space to a QB with a limited shelf life.
More than Tua?

Back
Top Bottom