Lions looking to trade Stafford? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions looking to trade Stafford?

This is the time of year that I have problems believing any rumor as you never know the true intent of the person leaking the info.....does make for fun conversation though.

No, but is the owner's prerogative to step in, and make the call, particularly if he knows a lame duck GM doesn't, necessarily, have the team's future as his priority.
anything is possible but Martha Ford doesn't strike me as a "take over the draft pick" kind of owner

i think tua to detroit makes perfect sense. make one more run with stafford in 2020 and after that fails tua is ready to win now with the new staff in 2021

Stafford has 32 million dollar cap hit if traded. Guys it's not going to happen.

i think tua to detroit makes perfect sense. make one more run with stafford in 2020 and after that fails tua is ready to win now with the new staff in 2021

I bet they fell in love with Herbert/Love over Tua..just a feeling about that team.

Under best scenarios, I'd take Stafford in a heartbeat over every draftee except Burrow.

However this team in reality is a long way away from the luxury of commiting huge cap space to a QB with a limited shelf life.

Signing a slightly above average QB with a mega contract instead of taking the team friendly rookie QB contract sounds like something the Dolphins would do.

This is the time of year that I have problems believing any rumor as you never know the true intent of the person leaking the info.....does make for fun conversation though.
That signature gif. I don't want to do anything else besides look at that signature gif. Bravo brother.

Detroit is not one first round pick (non qb) away from winning.
can't argue there. My point was no GM takes a player that high with the idea he will help the next staff. I see Detroit going for flash, maybe a Jeudy/Dobbins kind of draft to go with their healthy franchise QB

Well they don't have a history of fantastic decision making besides two players who both retired in their prime rather than staying Lions.
speaking of histories of poor decision making...

The Dolphins paid more of Tannehill’s salary this past season than the Titans did and he also counted millions of dollars against their cap in dead money. So it isn’t that unusual for an NFL team to take a huge cap hit in one year so they can be better off in the coming seasons.
Trading Stafford for a draft pick, taking the cap hit in the 2020 season and drafting Tua would be much better on a long term basis for the Lions organization than keeping Stafford around if they really have an interest in trading him.
The Dolphins paid 5 Million of Tannehills contract. A big difference between that and 32 Million. From a cap standpoint, the trade saves $8.2 million on Miami’s cap in 2019 and $25 million off Miami’s cap in 2020. The Dolphins where willing to dumping players and money last year to have almost 100 Million this year. The Lions want to win now. They need that extra money to add players. Not spend 32 Million on a player that they don't even have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom