Lions shopping Stafford. Perfect trade partner | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions shopping Stafford. Perfect trade partner

Some dude on the radio was just going over what the Rams traded to get Goff and added it to what they just traded to get Stafford (and get rid of Goff).

Hearing it all combined like that, I didn't know whether to ****, or eat a banana.

Or **** a banana.

Stafford is my second favorite QB now:

Now the question is, do the Lions stick with Goff or do they see what they can get for him? I was hoping to have the Lions as a trade partner but that is not looking good right now.

I think the Lions should try and trade him....maybe Colts or NE. Lions are in total rebuild, their coach got a 6 year contract there will be no quick fix and Goff isn't in their plans.

I think the Lions should try and trade him....maybe Colts or NE. Lions are in total rebuild, their coach got a 6 year contract there will be no quick fix and Goff isn't in their plans.
They'd have to trade Goff and at least one of those first round picks they just got to get anyone to take that contract on.

Yet, they are only 2 years removed from playing in a Super Bowl, and just replaced their biggest weakness on a team that was already very competitive. The Rams are dangerous, and will be serious contenders for a few years. They have added talent without the use of a 1st round pick.

To your point though, they now have a window of 3-5 years before it could easily implode. If they win a Super Bowl in that time frame it was worth it. If they don't, it really is hard to blame them for trying when you have great players like Darnold and Ramsey. You don't have those opportunities as a franchise very often. I like the aggressive approach when the time is right.
I respect this alternative POV. At the same time I don’t think Stafford is good enough.

They won't get a first for Stafford.
You were right. They got 2 firsts, a third, and a former #1 QB for Stafford. I guess that’s what you meant to say when you stated they wouldn’t get “A” first for Stafford

I just told a poster that as strange as it sounds, I was 100% behind drafting Tua, minus the bloodshed it would have taken to move up....

I just couldn't be more disappointed with a player than I am with Tua. Even with the shortage of talent, I didn't see the guy I thought we were drafting.
Let’s give him a training camp and some upgraded talent and then see how he looks. Based on your judgement after just eigth games as a rookie starter. I imagine you would have been disappointed in Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Drew Brees, and several other HOF caliber QB’s in their first year as starters in the NFL. Because they all pretty much sucked as first year starters in the NFL.

You were right. They got 2 firsts, a third, and a former #1 QB for Stafford. I guess that’s what you meant to say when you stated they wouldn’t get “A” first for Stafford
They got a third this year. The future firsts don't count in my world.

The Rams got hosed.

Let’s give him a training camp and some upgraded talent and then see how he looks. Based on your judgement after just eigth games as a rookie starter. I imagine you would have been disappointed in Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Drew Brees, and several other HOF caliber QB’s in their first year as starters in the NFL. Because they all pretty much sucked as first year starters in the NFL.
Those players weren't Dolphins...and Tua hasn't shown that he should be mentioned in the same sentence/paragraph/essay as those QBs.

Don't the Lions have like...no WRs under contract for next season? I bet they just stay with their original pick, take the best WR available and ride with Goff for a year or two.

WTF, Obviously Goff's contract is the reason they are doing this but this is asinine by the Rams.

Well maybe not or maybe so, these numbers are ridiculous ; Cutting Goff would have cost them $65mill in dead cap!!! Trading him incurs a $26mill dead cap hit. But Stafford has a $33 million cap number for '21. I have no idea how they can make this all work while still having Aaron Donald and Jaylen Ramsey on their team !!
They must be looking at 2023 and 2024 cap space. Such a bad trade for the Rams unless Stanford gets them to a SB.

No player is worth 3 first round picks. And no team would give up three first round picks unless it was Mike Ditka, Wanny, or any fool willing to do that. A team would have to be beyond complete to take that high risk. Imagine if Watson gets injured? How can you make up for all those losses.
So you don’t think Watson would be worth last year’s Tua, Jackson, and Iggy? That would be one of the best trades in the history of the NFL for The Dolphins.

Giving away three 1st round picks is like giving away three of your children if you have children that is lol.
So, I ask again, would giving Tua, Austin Jackson, and Iggy be that painful To get Watson? Just because it’s a first round pick doesn’t mean it’s a future All Pro.

Back
Top Bottom