Lions shopping Stafford. Perfect trade partner | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions shopping Stafford. Perfect trade partner

People really need to stop pretending a 2021 first rounder has the equivalent value of 2022 first or even a 2023 first.

A 2023 1st is worth a 2021 bottom 2nd. Stop pretending the Lions got #2 + 23 etc. they got the LAR 2022 and 2023, and had to absorb a SHITLOAD in cap. That costs a lot. It’s a big expense, and certainly one that costs a 2/3 for the effort (historically)

In my opinion of course

Professionals? Desperate to me.

Rams’ first round picks by year:
2016: Jared Goff
2017: None
2018: None
2019: None
2020: None
2021: None
2022: None
2023: None
I think they have a pretty good Roster. They have one of the best defenses in the league. Aaron Donald was a pretty good acquisition as was Jalen Ramsey. They have some decent weapons on offense in Robert Woods & Cooper Cup. Their half backs are decent as is their line. They are two years removed from a super bowl. With Stafford they are set up to win now. I’ll give you that they have mortgaged their future, but it doesn’t mean that Stafford isn’t going to turn out to be a good acquisition for them. They are hopeful that with Stafford they will be able to get to the super bowl And they have put all of their chips in the center of the table. Let’s see how it turns out for them?

But your point is valid in that I wouldn’t want to be their GM in the future.

I think they have a pretty good Roster. They have one of the best defenses in the league. Aaron Donald was a pretty good acquisition as was Jalen Ramsey. They have some decent weapons on offense in Robert Woods & Cooper Cup. Their half backs are decent as is their line. They are two years removed from a super bowl. With Stafford they are set up to win now. I’ll give you that they have mortgaged their future, but it doesn’t mean that Stanford isn’t going to turn out to be a good acquisition for them. They are hopeful that with Stafford they will be able to get to the super bowl And they have put all of their chips in the center of the table. Let’s see how it turns out for them?

But your point is valid in that I wouldn’t want to be their GM in the future.
I agree Stafford wins in this deal..... The Rams don't. It was a desperate trade.

That’s awful management right there
Yet, they are only 2 years removed from playing in a Super Bowl, and just replaced their biggest weakness on a team that was already very competitive. The Rams are dangerous, and will be serious contenders for a few years. They have added talent without the use of a 1st round pick.

To your point though, they now have a window of 3-5 years before it could easily implode. If they win a Super Bowl in that time frame it was worth it. If they don't, it really is hard to blame them for trying when you have great players like Darnold and Ramsey. You don't have those opportunities as a franchise very often. I like the aggressive approach when the time is right.

I think the trade worked well for both teams.

Stafford on the Rams makes them a top SB contender.

Lions get some ammo and a young developable prospect to either build around with young talent from picks or replace in a year or two.

I think the trade worked well for both teams.

Stafford on the Rams makes them a top SB contender.

Lions get some ammo and a young developable prospect to either build around with young talent from picks or replace in a year or two.
Obviously that's how the two teams see it.

Stafford, reportedly, wanted out. The Lions did what was best for them.

The Rams must have felt Goff was at his ceiling, and it wasn't going to be enough. The move got them, what they believe, an upgrade, and also out from under what they deemed as a bad contract.

I think the Lions made out like bandits, but yes, Stafford is a lot better.

One of the rd1s was compensation for taking Goffs horrible contract though. There was more to it than just picks for MS.

No doubt Stafford is better than Goff, but that's too high a price to pay for that guy at that age and recent injuries. If the Dolphins made that trade, would anybody here be happy? I doubt it very much.

No doubt Stafford is better than Goff, but that's too high a price to pay for that guy at that age and recent injuries. If the Dolphins made that trade, would anybody here be happy? I doubt it very much.
To be fair, we are in a totally different situation.

You bring up an interesting question. I'm going to peruse a Rams site, and get an idea of the reaction, just out of curiosity.

Lol..... Yeah, the Rams fans are not happy campers.

A lot of "GMs a moron", "we got bent over with no lube", "could have gotten Watson for that" comments.......lol....

As strange as it sounds on 1/30/21...there was a time when people on this board were willing to make that move for Tua....
I wasnt here and when anyone is willing to find me what teams gave up that much for a players and won a Superbowl since 2000 then maybe is deserves merit discussing it. Either how if Watson gets injured then those 3rd round picks flunk.

I wasnt here and when anyone is willing to find me what teams gave up that much for a players and won a Superbowl since 2000 then maybe is deserves merit discussing it. Either how if Watson gets injured then those 3rd round picks flunk.
I won't regurgitate the Tom Foolery that was taking place on this site before the draft...

Just know that some knowledgeable people were saying some outlandish things...WITH CONVICTION in regards to us drafting Tua, among other things.

Back
Top Bottom