Lions shopping Stafford. Perfect trade partner | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions shopping Stafford. Perfect trade partner

Rams trade first round picks for what they perceive as premier talent at premier positions. I find nothing wrong with that.

When did it change that you could make trades before the current season was over? I thought once the trade deadline passed you couldn't make trades until the new fiscal season offically started, about the same time as free agency.
Trades are allowed this year. Not official until later.

Wow that means the Rams will have been without a 1st round pick from 2017-2023. Yet the've made the playoffs 3 of the past 4 years including a SB appearance.
Very true but I'm not sure how sustainable it is. May be they don't care about that. Is a few years in the limelight better than always being middle of the pack ? Like I said in my post earlier, their cap is a mess right now.

they are betting on Goff. End of story

Dan Campbell might run you tbru a wall but he’s showing his qb acumen blows frankly
IDK - this is a great trade IMO. I don’t like Goff but he’s younger than Stafford and the latter isn’t a world beater either. Then the Lions get all of those picks. This is a huge fleecing. I believe McVay is imploding.

IDK - this is a great trade IMO. I don’t like Goff but he’s younger than Stafford and the latter isn’t a world beater either. Then the Lions get all of those picks. This is a huge fleecing. I believe McVay is imploding.
he saw how much Bill O'Brien enjoyed doing this type of thing with us, and wanted to give it a shot.

It's more about getting a upgrade on Goff, and I don't like Stafford but it's hard not to believe he's a lot better Goff. And more importantly getting rid of yet another bad contract the Rams dished out. Les Snead is the person making these decisions BTW, McVay will have input but you can bet Snead is the one handing out the contracts and negotiating the compensation for the trades.

Last edited:
This whole we can trade down tbing sounds great much easier said than done

Been saying that for weeks.

That’s why you take bpa and don’t worry if that player happens to play receiver.

It’d be nice to trade down and hopefully get the same player. But it ain’t as easy as the armchair GM’s believe it to be.

Gotta find a worthwhile dance partner then you have to still hope the dominoes in front of you fall the right way. No guarantees of either.

That’s why you take bpa and don’t worry if that player happens to play receiver.

It’d be nice to trade down and hopefully get the same player. But it ain’t as easy as the armchair GM’s believe it to be.

Gotta find a worthwhile dance partner then you have to still hope the dominoes in front of you fall the right way. No guarantees of either.
IMO it became far more likely today that we'll stay put and just take Devonta Smith.

Well seeing how much hype is going into ZAch Wilson and how many teams need qbs, no 3 does seem like a great spot to trade down. Especially if jets don't pick a qb, so if any other year it might be tough but seemed set up for miami to get teams willing to move up and for good value.

IMO it became far more likely today that we'll stay put and just take Devonta Smith.
Devonta's great, but how many great WRs end up being picked at top 3 and worth that high? I hope it works many of the greats weren't that high

What would the cap hit be to the Lions if they flip Goff to the Colts for additional picks? These kind of trades happen in baseball, but they don't have a salary cap to deal with.
i don't know shrug GIF by Wilson Tennis

Rams’ first round picks by year:
2016: Jared Goff
2017: None
2018: None
2019: None
2020: None
2021: None
2022: None
2023: None

Back
Top Bottom